Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-20-2022, 01:02 PM   #10361
RichieRich
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Yeah, I wondered myself, but then nothing else really pisses me off like that. Seems to be just that instance of the gulping.
Ask the kids about ASMR or look up YouTube videos of it. Yes itís ok and no itís not NSFW content. There is a whole genre of videos around this thing of eating loudly and/or with weird foods. Especially the Japanese. Quite amusing rabbit hole although a bit weird. And no I didnít do it willinglyÖ was dragged down that route by the kid since I cannot stand loud breathers and chewers and they do it to bug me. So itís become a thing to do. To me. SighÖ.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 01:18 PM   #10362
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Maybe? Might be worth a shot.
https://thewoodpeckerremover.com/thi...r-peck-on-one/

Oh wait, nvm. It doesn't work well specifically for woodpeckers and actually in theory, the two birds apparently have a symbiotic relationship.

My suggestion was a bad one. Sorry. However, the link above has actual woodpecker deterrent suggestions.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2022, 01:24 PM   #10363
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
If you have a better idea of how to bathe, I'd love to hear it
This is why I always gave my wife crap for bathing our newborn in the sink, when he grows up he won't know any other way.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2022, 01:45 PM   #10364
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

On the topic of parking and paying for parking, it sucks.

And there seems to be a massive disconnect on the value proposition especially downtown where many lots are largely empty (especially those outside of the main sort of core by TD tower and Bankers Hall), office vacancies are at never-heard-of-before rates and yet most private and public lots are still pricing themselves as a collective to be one of North Americas most expensive.

Just hilarious disconnect there. Every employee or contractor will take every opportunity to work from home in the best of times and as has been demonstrated by the pandemic anyway, and especially when parking rates remain where they are.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 03:33 PM   #10365
81MC
First Line Centre

Exp:

####ing missed something pretty crucial on my part at work a month ago that is now biting me in the ass and going to be a bit of an issue. For fuxk man.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:35 PM   #10366
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've never fully understood the seemingly collective attitude that you don't need to pay for parking / tickets if it's a private lot. Sure, they don't really have any ability to collect on you if you decide not to pay, but why use the service (parking) and then not pay? It just seems like you are jerk and are rationalizing it by "sticking it to the man" or something because they shouldn't charge so much?
Old 01-20-2022, 03:46 PM   #10367
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

You know when you start looking for a new job but you check out of your current job and you are just hovering in this constant state of dissatisfied restlessness? That really grinds my gears.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2022, 03:49 PM   #10368
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
On the topic of parking and paying for parking, it sucks.

And there seems to be a massive disconnect on the value proposition especially downtown where many lots are largely empty (especially those outside of the main sort of core by TD tower and Bankers Hall), office vacancies are at never-heard-of-before rates and yet most private and public lots are still pricing themselves as a collective to be one of North Americas most expensive.

Just hilarious disconnect there. Every employee or contractor will take every opportunity to work from home in the best of times and as has been demonstrated by the pandemic anyway, and especially when parking rates remain where they are.
I thought part of it was a directive by City Council to charge a minimum exorbitant price to push people to use transit?
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 03:50 PM   #10369
djsFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I've never fully understood the seemingly collective attitude that you don't need to pay for parking / tickets if it's a private lot. Sure, they don't really have any ability to collect on you if you decide not to pay, but why use the service (parking) and then not pay? It just seems like you are jerk and are rationalizing it by "sticking it to the man" or something because they shouldn't charge so much?
Sounds like a stereotyped view of rebellious people in the 70s.

"Sticking it to the man"

Damn the greedy elites!
djsFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:03 PM   #10370
flamingred89
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I got into collecting baseball cards over the pandemic. Turns out all trading cards became super popular during this time and values have skyrocketed. Cool. But I'm more of a casual collector looking to collect sets and certain players. Like if I get a good "hit" I wouldn't even know where to try and sell it. My gear grinder is that I stopped in at Wally world on my way home from work to pick up a box to fill some holes in my collection and there was a guy who was hounding the Walmart stocker and picking boxes of just released cards straight out of the delivery boxes. Those cards didn't even hit the shelves. And he bought the whole lot. Like wtf man?! What if some casual collector or kid just wants to pick up a box? Now they have to pay you extra on the secondary market. Also, how the #### do you know the exact moment a delivery arrives? It was really sad and disgusting at the same time. #### you man I hope you get nothing good and the value of cards plummets so you lose your cash.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:11 PM   #10371
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are there any cards that are worth something? I was collecting in the late 80s early 90s and then fell out of it. Wonder who I could send a list to to flesh out if there is anything of value now.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:26 PM   #10372
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Well first of all, I pay. Every time. And in spirit and intent I definitely agree with you.

However broadly speaking I believe that private parking lots price gouge (at this point to their own idiotic detriment). If something is priced unfairly relative to the market you can see why people (unfairly I agree) rationalize “sticking it to them”. It’s like telecoms in this respect, or pirating tv / movies. Many people who work down there don’t have great alternatives either. Could take the train but in many circumstances not a very realistic option.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:45 PM   #10373
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Some cruel POS negligent dog owner has left their dog alone to howl for 8 hours a day in my building. Itís not near enough to me I can hear it without listening for it but one of my neighbours said itís driving her crazy.

It sounds like a beagle howling at the top of its lungs. It never stops. I hope the owner dies a horrible horrible death. But not until after someone saves that goddamn dog.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:47 PM   #10374
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Ask the kids about ASMR or look up YouTube videos of it. Yes itís ok and no itís not NSFW content. There is a whole genre of videos around this thing of eating loudly and/or with weird foods. Especially the Japanese. Quite amusing rabbit hole although a bit weird. And no I didnít do it willinglyÖ was dragged down that route by the kid since I cannot stand loud breathers and chewers and they do it to bug me. So itís become a thing to do. To me. SighÖ.
There are definitely some NSFW YouTube ASMR videos. Or so Iíve heard.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2022, 04:48 PM   #10375
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe the owner is already dead, and the dog is trying to alert you? Probably best to bust that door down.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 03:13 PM   #10376
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
People who talk when their mouth is full. I've had family members do this my entire life. I just don't understand it. I wish a giant hand descended from the ceiling and slapped them whenever they did. That's the only way they would learn.
The worst is when people are trying something someone made and they race to say how good it is while barely starting into the bite.

"mmmm ohhhh nomnomomom this is so nonomomomn good....nomonomom delicious!!". Lots of people do it, especially at dinners where someone's made a special meal. Just finish the bite and then compliment, you're not insulting the person by not racing to saying something as soon as it hits your mouth.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 03:20 PM   #10377
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
I got into collecting baseball cards over the pandemic. Turns out all trading cards became super popular during this time and values have skyrocketed. Cool. But I'm more of a casual collector looking to collect sets and certain players. Like if I get a good "hit" I wouldn't even know where to try and sell it. My gear grinder is that I stopped in at Wally world on my way home from work to pick up a box to fill some holes in my collection and there was a guy who was hounding the Walmart stocker and picking boxes of just released cards straight out of the delivery boxes. Those cards didn't even hit the shelves. And he bought the whole lot. Like wtf man?! What if some casual collector or kid just wants to pick up a box? Now they have to pay you extra on the secondary market. Also, how the #### do you know the exact moment a delivery arrives? It was really sad and disgusting at the same time. #### you man I hope you get nothing good and the value of cards plummets so you lose your cash.
I've seen a few card shops open up recently in Calgary and I have think that's a bad business idea. Kind of like cat and dog adoption, this is kind of a byproduct of a population stuck at home way more than usual.

I mean I'm not saying it won't continue for a couple of years, but ultimately it will go back to what it was and people that have put up tens or hundreds of thousands in capital to start brick and mortar shops due to the craze are likely going to regret it.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:29 PM   #10378
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? Now with 2x more gears...

Cards must be about the easiest thing in the world to counterfeit, unless there are anti-counterfeit bits. I am surprised that people do it a poorly as to get caught, like in that Logan Paul and the Pokemon cards.

Last edited by Wormius; 01-21-2022 at 03:35 PM.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:31 PM   #10379
RichieRich
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
There are definitely some NSFW YouTube ASMR videos. Or so Iíve heard.
Hypothetically what did your doppelgšnger perhaps search for accidentally?
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 03:38 PM   #10380
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
The worst is when people are trying something someone made and they race to say how good it is while barely starting into the bite.

"mmmm ohhhh nomnomomom this is so nonomomomn good....nomonomom delicious!!". Lots of people do it, especially at dinners where someone's made a special meal. Just finish the bite and then compliment, you're not insulting the person by not racing to saying something as soon as it hits your mouth.
Can we also include those people that take a bite of food and then take a drink while that food is still in their mouth?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote