Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-15-2022, 08:01 AM   #4141
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Actually now that I think about it, it will definitely be based on Burnside. Year One was too good for DC to want to use it. Plus, Burnside was basically written as a woke pre teen comic so you just know that’s what they’ll aim for. Lighthearted, smarmy, smack talking hipster Barbara Gordon with none of the “victim complex” the character is famous for. This won’t be a brooding bat or one with actual life problems. It’ll be similar in tone to Holland’s Spider-Man.
Most likely. Sadly, Burnside was so bad I stopped reading Batgirl. =/
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:08 AM   #4142
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

They should use the Gail Simone new 52 run of Batgirl as the template. That was a great series, really got me into the character.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 11:03 PM   #4143
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

New Moon Knight Trailer dropped. Looks really interesting...really playing up Marc Spector's split personalities and also more supernatural with Khonshu

Looking forward to it...hope it does well as he's a fascinating character...also was the character where Bill Sienkiewicz evolved his drawing style from Neal Adams to his signature stylized work.

oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:32 AM   #4144
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Saw both of Eternals and Let There Be Carnage last weekend.

LTBC was better than I had expected. Although I really think they missed a good opportunity. Some of the imagery was very Tim Burton or Sam Rami-ish. They should have lent all the way into that kind of horror/creepy aesthetic. Visuals should have really been a priority in that movie, but they were all pretty muted.

Eternals was...okay. I didn't like a lot of the tweaks they made to the Eternals from the comics. The design on the deviants (being CGI creatures made of tendrils) was dumb. They are supposed to be intelligent humanoids who are deformed. Thanos, for example, is a deviant. The idea of a celestial birthing from the Earth is a bit weird, and I didn't like the conclusion. The premise is a bit odd too. The Eternals power levels don't really make sense in relation to their task. You'd think the Celestials would give them slightly better powers than some of them have.

Eternals was overall just a bit play by numbers and gloomy. If Marvel is going cosmic, you'd think that they would go with the successful aesthetic from GotG or Ragnarok. They pulled most of the cosmic elements out of the Eternals themselves. We ended up with kind of powerful beings having drama in the middle of random fields on Earth.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 04:47 PM   #4145
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
New Moon Knight Trailer dropped. Looks really interesting...really playing up Marc Spector's split personalities and also more supernatural with Khonshu

Looking forward to it...hope it does well as he's a fascinating character...also was the character where Bill Sienkiewicz evolved his drawing style from Neal Adams to his signature stylized work.

I just read the French actor playing in moon knight just died in a ski accident. Gaspard Ulliel

Last edited by dammage79; 01-19-2022 at 04:51 PM.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 04:43 PM   #4146
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Not sure how to feel about this. Could be epic but it'll probably suck.

Old 01-30-2022, 04:48 PM   #4147
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Oh no..
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 05:27 PM   #4148
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I stopped watching as soon as it said it was on paramount+.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:18 AM   #4149
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I am not sure what thread we are tracking the new LOTR show in, but character posters have been released, with a unique perspective, this is a lot of characters..

Spoilered for size.

Spoiler!

https://www.cbr.com/lord-of-rings-ri...acter-posters/
Old 02-05-2022, 11:23 PM   #4150
Codes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Not sure how to feel about this. Could be epic but it'll probably suck.

Yeah, this looks disappointing. Apparently it's an alternate universe, which is too bad considering Halo has good lore as it is to draw from. And it kills me they didn't bring on the voice actor from the games.

Last edited by Codes; 02-05-2022 at 11:35 PM.
Codes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:13 AM   #4151
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Saw both of Eternals and Let There Be Carnage last weekend.

LTBC was better than I had expected. Although I really think they missed a good opportunity. Some of the imagery was very Tim Burton or Sam Rami-ish. They should have lent all the way into that kind of horror/creepy aesthetic. Visuals should have really been a priority in that movie, but they were all pretty muted.

Eternals was...okay. I didn't like a lot of the tweaks they made to the Eternals from the comics. The design on the deviants (being CGI creatures made of tendrils) was dumb. They are supposed to be intelligent humanoids who are deformed. Thanos, for example, is a deviant. The idea of a celestial birthing from the Earth is a bit weird, and I didn't like the conclusion. The premise is a bit odd too. The Eternals power levels don't really make sense in relation to their task. You'd think the Celestials would give them slightly better powers than some of them have.

Eternals was overall just a bit play by numbers and gloomy. If Marvel is going cosmic, you'd think that they would go with the successful aesthetic from GotG or Ragnarok. They pulled most of the cosmic elements out of the Eternals themselves. We ended up with kind of powerful beings having drama in the middle of random fields on Earth.
I watched Eternals this weekend. It was better than I expected, but I had low expectations.

Spoiler!
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:33 AM   #4152
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Is that Superman & Lois show actually good? YouTube keeps giving me recommendations of clips from it and it seems like fans are loving it this season.

I haven't watched any of the CW shows since the OG Smallville so don't know anything about the Arrowverse so not sure if that would impact my liking of it.
OptimalTates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 12:30 PM   #4153
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
I watched Eternals this weekend. It was better than I expected, but I had low expectations.

Spoiler!
It was only about three weeks ago that I watched it, and I've pretty much forgotten major parts of Eternals already. Amazing how forgettable it was. It was impossible to form any kind of connection to the characters. They were all very emotionless.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 12:55 PM   #4154
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I honestly don't even know their names. Ikarus is the only one I remember.

Such a forgettable movie.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:01 PM   #4155
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalTates View Post
Is that Superman & Lois show actually good? YouTube keeps giving me recommendations of clips from it and it seems like fans are loving it this season.

I haven't watched any of the CW shows since the OG Smallville so don't know anything about the Arrowverse so not sure if that would impact my liking of it.
I recently watched season 1 and enjoyed it. The effects are solid for a CW show. I completely forgot it was in the Arrowverse. If it's anything like those series, the first couple seasons are good and then the budget decreases and the storylines get recycled.

Superman's kids are a little annoying at the start but that levels out as the season goes on.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 10:05 PM   #4156
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post

Spoiler!
I guess I'll spoiler

Spoiler!
#-3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:55 PM   #4157
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1492182521584369667
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2022, 04:23 PM   #4158
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!

Last edited by getbak; 02-13-2022 at 04:29 PM.
getbak is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to getbak For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2022, 04:37 PM   #4159
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

Spoiler!
Holy mother####ing ####!
Izzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 04:37 PM   #4160