Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2022, 06:24 AM   #161
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
For all the missteps of this organization that is simply absurd to suddenly give the entire basis of your annual revenue a free out for the rest of the year. No sports organization on the planet would do that, that's crazy.
End of the year is a bit much but opt out during these restrictions would have been the smart play. Some hard cores would still keep their seats while many others would not.

This is the straw that broke the camels back for me. I was on the fence about renewing and this has firmly pushed me in the direction and the decision is made. This is my last season I will have the tickets.

The Flames will get me for a few hundred bucks this year and need to find someone else to spend the thousands I was going to spend next year and moving forward.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 03:07 PM   #162
Smartcar
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I expect a lot of people, like me, have them for promo, so as long as there are people who appreciate getting tickets for free from a business (customers, staff) the Flames will get renewals. There was a while (about 20 years ago) when you literally couldn't give the tickets away. Hopefully we won't get there, Calgary is a much bigger city now.
Smartcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:53 AM   #163
Fischy13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I have 4 tickets to tonight’s game, it’s a little last minute but we aren’t able to go due to symptoms showing up. I have 4 tickets in section 112, row 5. Offering for a smoking deal if someone is interested.
Fischy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:05 AM   #164
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Please be sure to post ticket sales in that subforum.

Obviously with the way things are going, we can certainly be a little loose about "must post a price." For example, the above from Fischy is fine. The intent of the rule is so we don't have people trying to start an upwards bidding war.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2022, 11:09 PM   #165
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Yesterday, $904.92 went on my credit card for the flames. It’s games like tonight that keep me coming back. Maybe I’m a sucker, but I’ll be renewing next year. Sounds like I’ll have some good upgrade opportunities.
Reggie28 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reggie28 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 11:45 AM   #166
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

For folks who attended the last couple of games, how were they from a fan point of view. Was the dome actually at 50%? Did people actually adhere to masking?
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:48 AM   #167
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also as per the email for relinquishing tickets, it said 1 in 4 games is what it will work out to be for STH. The math seems off, unless the number of STH is way lower than I expected.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:26 PM   #168
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
For folks who attended the last couple of games, how were they from a fan point of view. Was the dome actually at 50%? Did people actually adhere to masking?
I went to the Florida game. I would say it was probably around 40-50%. However the advantage of these restrictions is that the people that attended were the ones who are really into hockey. It is kind of hard to describe, but it was a pretty good atmosphere. We could all get into the "Luuuu" when Lucic would touch the puck. (As one example.)

As for masking, I know our usher came up to the guys beside me as the one was wearing his like a chin diaper. He had a good line "I don't really care, but if security sees you they will kick you out right away." I could see other ushers going up to fans; I am guessing similar conversations. I would say masking was a good 98%.

As much as I enjoy a beer at the game, I'll still go to the rest of my games.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 12:33 PM   #169
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was sitting high up in my usual seats (218, row 21) and the lack of atmosphere definitely affected the game experience for the Ottawa game, also wasn’t a good game so that probably didn’t help. The Florida game got to sit right by the Zamboni entrance and I think being down lower and closer the action I didn’t notice the lack of fans as much. Again, a much better game so that probably had a lot to do with it, but I do think sitting closer to the action helps when it’s at 50%
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J epworth For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 01:52 PM   #170
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
As for masking, I know our usher came up to the guys beside me as the one was wearing his like a chin diaper. He had a good line "I don't really care, but if security sees you they will kick you out right away." I could see other ushers going up to fans; I am guessing similar conversations. I would say masking was a good 98%.
Trying to enforce the rules was the hardest part of that job. I saw security get power bombed onto the concrete, had my radio thrown at me, and got so fed up with Cory Sarich's dad being a drunken idiot that would not stop trying to antagonize people around him that I lost it and told him "if you want to be such a man take a swing at me, prove how tough you really are"

Ugh.. I had to go to court 3 times when I worked at the dome.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:49 PM   #171
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Curious if they had enough volunteers for Saturday nights game. I’m out of town so I put mine up and the flames took them back. None of my close contacts jumped at the tickets, so I figured I may as well give them back.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:58 PM   #172
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was able to return mine as well, for the second straight game. I'm thinking most of ticket holders want to attend a game vs the Canucks?
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:59 PM   #173
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug View Post
I was able to return mine as well, for the second straight game. I'm thinking most of ticket holders want to attend a game vs the Canucks?
and it's a Saturday
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:16 PM   #174
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was able to relinquish for Saturday. So far 2 of 4 games
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:11 PM   #175
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I’m 3 for 4, which worked out for me. Maybe not as many people miss the food and drink as I thought.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:20 PM   #176
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
Trying to enforce the rules was the hardest part of that job. I saw security get power bombed onto the concrete, had my radio thrown at me, and got so fed up with Cory Sarich's dad being a drunken idiot that would not stop trying to antagonize people around him that I lost it and told him "if you want to be such a man take a swing at me, prove how tough you really are"

Ugh.. I had to go to court 3 times when I worked at the dome.
I’ll never forget the face of the ####### who said “#### that” while the play was going on and barged passed me… then a trail of jerks followed. Then people came down and yelled at me for letting people by when the play was going on…

Be nice to people just doing their jobs.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:30 PM   #177
RoadGame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I know people are death on "unnecessary" threads so at the risk of briefly side-tracking this one I'll ask my question here instead:

I have only been to a couple of games in the past ~5 years and none in the Covid era, so between proof of vaccination screening and anti-terrorism screening I have no idea how long it takes to get from Victoria Park LRT station to your average 200-series seat. Has anybody been to a game recently and can help me calibrate? With no food or drink on offer I'm having to think about when to eat dinner beforehand and I don't want to be late - or stupidly, beerlessly early. Thanks in advance.
RoadGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:32 PM   #178
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGame View Post
I know people are death on "unnecessary" threads so at the risk of briefly side-tracking this one I'll ask my question here instead:

I have only been to a couple of games in the past ~5 years and none in the Covid era, so between proof of vaccination screening and anti-terrorism screening I have no idea how long it takes to get from Victoria Park LRT station to your average 200-series seat. Has anybody been to a game recently and can help me calibrate? With no food or drink on offer I'm having to think about when to eat dinner beforehand and I don't want to be late - or stupidly, beerlessly early. Thanks in advance.
with half capacity, it's actually quicker getting into the game
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:41 PM   #179
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGame View Post

Took me 10 seconds to get thru the gate. Aside from that, it’s how fast you can walk from the station.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2022, 10:56 PM   #180
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Took me 10 seconds to get thru the gate. Aside from that, it’s how fast you can walk from the station.
Agreed, entry into the dome is a breeze. Multiple entry points too. I was at the BOA up in greaserville on the weekend and since they cattle cart pretty much everyone into the same entrance it was a very long wait for the covid and then security screen. Edm is NG yet again.
greyshep is online now   Reply With Quote