Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2020, 05:15 PM   #2961
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Ugh died twice in a row fighting Hades when I had him down to a sliver.

I think I might be focusing on the wrong things, I've been trying to exit once each with each of the weapons before starting heat runs, but maybe I should be doing heat runs as much as I can with the weapons I'm good with to get more rewards with them and make those weapons even stronger, and then go back and do the weapons I'm not as good with.

I think I need to learn the patterns of enemies more to try and reduce the damage too.
Old 09-26-2020, 08:02 PM   #2962
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I will bet you anything this will not happen. PS and Nintendo fanboys who can only afford one console are not going to change to Xbox for one companies games. Microsoft would lose hundreds of millions of dollars by making something like Elder Scrolls 6 an Xbox exclusive. I can totally see an early release availability exclusive to Xbox but there is no way in hell they don't release it on other platforms.
I agree that it would be dumb to make huge franchises like Elder Scrolls an exclusive, but part of me wants them to do it just to stick it to the Sony fanboys.

I’m a PlayStation guy but PlayStation fans are easily the most obnoxious group of gaming fans.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 08:09 PM   #2963
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I’m a PlayStation guy but PlayStation fans are easily the most obnoxious group of gaming fans.
I think both Microsoft and Sony fanboys are equally bad. Sony fanboys will troll about Xbox lacking exclusives but Microsoft fanboys will troll about Playstation being the "less powerful" system.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 05:13 AM   #2964
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

You know what else would sell millions of copies of PlayStation? Halo. By that logic we should all look forward to and expect Halo Infinite on PlayStation, right?

Nope. Because exclusives matter. Exclusives sell Xbox consoles. Exclusives sell GamePass subscriptions. And they’d rather sell you a $400 console and $15/month subscription then one $60 game on PlayStation. Will one big game sway someone to Xbox? Maybe not. Will ten? Probably.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:49 AM   #2965
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see some games like Elder Scrolls coming to both, probably time exclusive on Xbox first and new franchises like Starfield only being on Game Pass. Even if Xbox decided to bring some of these games to PS5 on the same day it would still be a huge marketing advantage for them. Do you want to spend $90 Cdn to play Elder Scrolls on day one or pay $15 Cdn for one month of Game Pass to play it? You could even stream it on your Android phone using xCloud if you don't want to buy an Xbox.

I am getting both systems so it's not an issue to me. I will get these games through Game Pass because it's the cheaper option.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 02:26 PM   #2966
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Stumbled into the most OP Hades build

Spoiler!

Took out Theseus and Asterius in under 30 seconds and killed Hades in a couple of minutes without a single death regen in the entire run. The biggest issue I had was not getting hit by my own bombs after filling the entire visible screen with them
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:18 PM   #2967
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Another vote for Hades. I'm loving it so far, and it feels like Supergiant has a real winner here.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:44 PM   #2968
Slacker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hades is awesome. My best run was dying at Hades using the spear.
Slacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:00 PM   #2969
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I too have finally reached Hades for the first time (using the bow) and did surprisingly well in the fight for already having used all my extra lives. Got him about 2/3 down. Need to be able to get through to the stupid Minotaur fight without gassing everything I have.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:40 PM   #2970
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I too have finally reached Hades for the first time (using the bow) and did surprisingly well in the fight for already having used all my extra lives. Got him about 2/3 down. Need to be able to get through to the stupid Minotaur fight without gassing everything I have.
Focus on the minotaur first, keep him on the outside and use the pillars as cover against Theseus. If you don't have the mirror trait that gives you an extra dash, get it ASAP. That's key for getting out of the way of his huge swing attacks. After that it's all just learning their patterns and knowing when to dash (FYI you are completely invulnerable during your dash animation, unless you dash-attack)
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 07:49 AM   #2971
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Focus on the minotaur first, keep him on the outside and use the pillars as cover against Theseus. If you don't have the mirror trait that gives you an extra dash, get it ASAP. That's key for getting out of the way of his huge swing attacks. After that it's all just learning their patterns and knowing when to dash (FYI you are completely invulnerable during your dash animation, unless you dash-attack)
This is really good advice and should be remembered when fighting Hades. Hades can cover a lot of ground and change direction unexpectedly with his big sweep attack so time your dash right and even if you get caught in the sweep as long as you're dashing during the animation you'll be fine.

If you're really struggling to stay alive I would suggest trying to pick up Athena's Divine Dash boon. It does a little bit of damage when you dash and it also reflects attacks. You can try and force it by picking up her keepsake at any point during your run.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:43 AM   #2972
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cyberpunk 2077 CE still available for XXX

https://www.ebgames.ca/Xbox%20One/Ga...yber-punk-2077
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #2973
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's crazy to me that people buy Collectors Editions
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 12:36 PM   #2974
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
I think the Mortal Kombat 9 collectors edition with the bookends was the only one I've bought and thinking back on it now I don't know why I even bothered because it's not like I'm a huge fighting game fan.

I think maybe I got sucked into the nostalgia thing since that was the first MK I played since probably 3.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:43 PM   #2975
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I think the Mortal Kombat 9 collectors edition with the bookends was the only one I've bought and thinking back on it now I don't know why I even bothered because it's not like I'm a huge fighting game fan.

I think maybe I got sucked into the nostalgia thing since that was the first MK I played since probably 3.
You have to really love a game though to pay almost as much as the system costs. I feel many that buy it think of it as a collectors item that will have value the same people that buy every variation of a 3DS etc.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:12 PM   #2976
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I bought all the Assassin's Creed collector editions until black flag. Then on day I thought, why am I buying all these collector editions?

I think I felt like I was pwning my noob friends proving that I was the biggest AC fan.

I was dumb when I was young.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:40 PM   #2977
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
You have to really love a game though to pay almost as much as the system costs. I feel many that buy it think of it as a collectors item that will have value the same people that buy every variation of a 3DS etc.
Yeah, I've seen alot of cool collectors editions but no way am I paying that much. I think I payed $120 for the MK one. Not horrible but still too much. $200-300+ is just nuts though.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:59 PM   #2978
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some of them are cool, the LittleBigPlanet 2 one was only $20 more than the regular version and I still have the bookends holding my games and little plush Sackboy up on my shelf.

But yeah they’re generally a big ripoff.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:44 AM   #2979
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I kind of get it for consoles but not for like statues or figurines.

The only one I was tempted by was the Tony Hawk Collectors Edition because the skate board deck was pretty sweet.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:33 AM   #2980
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I kind of get it for consoles but not for like statues or figurines.

The only one I was tempted by was the Tony Hawk Collectors Edition because the skate board deck was pretty sweet.
There are always exceptions:

Since1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post: