Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2020, 08:52 PM   #41
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Thanks all, it means a lot to me.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:58 PM   #42
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its not cancer related, I don't want anyone to worry about that. It is heart related.
If she stole your heart you may want to check her pockets.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #43
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
If she stole your heart you may want to check her pockets.
And in the case of my ex, best to check your own pockets and see what else she pinched while she was there.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2020, 09:30 PM   #44
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
And in the case of my ex, best to check your own pockets and see what else she pinched while she was there.
Well at least we have bad exes in common.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2020, 11:22 PM   #45
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Well at least we have bad exes in common.
I remember mine telling me
'we'll be friends after we divorce' and me replying
'if we could be friends we wouldn't be getting an effing divorce', I was right, we may not be enemies we sure as hell ain't friends
Old 01-10-2020, 09:13 AM   #46
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its not cancer related, I don't want anyone to worry about that. It is heart related.
Well there ya go, nothing to worry about, you don't have a heart!! (jk, still love ya)
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:15 PM   #47
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
I remember mine telling me
'we'll be friends after we divorce' and me replying
'if we could be friends we wouldn't be getting an effing divorce', I was right, we may not be enemies we sure as hell ain't friends
Hilarious. Mine said the same to me. I didn't say anything but it did make me resolved to see the whole thing through and never speak to her again.
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2020, 05:38 PM   #48
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hilarious. Mine said the same to me. I didn't say anything but it did make me resolved to see the whole thing through and never speak to her again.
I have a daughter with my ex so have never been able to just move on in that way, I'm not one to worry much about others behaviour anyway, you can't if you work with disturbed kids, so I just view my ex as an older version of a foster kid, I reframed her crappy behaviour within the context of her disfunctional family and it all made sense, I worked out she can be ok with me for about 30 minutes before she will take a dig at me, she like the scorpion on the back of the turtle, she cant help herself, so I make sure I make my excuses and split at around 30 minutes.

She has retired and become Vancouver's oldest Burlesque dancer, invites me to come watch her get her kit off at various clubs and benefits, she's remarried (although that's falling apart according to my daughter) and I don't really want to watch my ex strip with my adult daughter and the ex's husband, that would be too weird.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:42 PM   #49
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hahahahahahaha

Guess what I just Google'd? That's too much. I'm sorry but at least you have some perspective now.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:53 PM   #50
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hahahahahahaha

Guess what I just Google'd? That's too much. I'm sorry but at least you have some perspective now.
I'd never thought to Google her! not going to now though
Old 01-25-2020, 10:26 PM   #51
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

After nearly a month of tests, doctors appointments, a trip to the emergency room, more tests, referrals and more tests. enough blood being draw to fill a bucket, enough scans to make me hope that I would turn into the hulk, and some terrifying days and nights where I thought that I was never ever going to feel good or normal again.

After all of this I finally got some results, and prescriptions that will hopefully straighten out a irregular racing heart, with chest pains, and generally feeling like total garbage. Hopefully over the next couple of days things will straighten out for me.

But why did I want to bump this. Because I feel like I have to point out how amazing the doctors and nurses that I dealt with at the Rocky View emergency room are, how amazing the staff is at the Total Cardiac Care center. These people outright do an amazing and tough job dealing with scared and nervous and sick people on a daily basis day in and day out. I know that there are times when I complain about things like healthcare spending/vs delivery and its still a problem in my mind, but that's not the fault of the front line people, like the technicians and doctors and nurses all they care about is the fight to make people better and that's an incredible calling.

I had a nice conversation with my doctor today where I thanked her for everything, set my next appointment and took my prescription to get filled with the warning about side effects and how I was going to feel over the next few days, and I joked with her that I appreciated everything that she had done for me and apologized over at times not being the easiest person to deal with, and her reply was kind, and she told me that she see's it everyday with patients, and that its all part and parcel with helping people.

Anyways, I'm blathering on. I also wanted to thank some of the people that reached out to me when I first posted this asking me if I was alright and showing real concern that's touching. This community, this Calgarypuck thing that I've been part of for years really is a meeting place for incredible human beings who can debate, and argue sometimes harder then we should, but the support for members here is amazing and touching and kind.

Anyways, I'm relieved that I have some answer, and that I have a course of treatment that might not need to be a permanent requirement.

Hopefully I can start feeling normal over the next few days or weeks and stop worrying about what's going to happen next, or what answer I was going to get.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote