Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #1221
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
And the whole storyline with Trinity's son was really stretching it. Do the police in Nebraska not do any investigating? Dexter knew in about 3 seconds that something was amiss.
Well it helps that Dexter is the only person that knows that the trinity killer is dead.
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jroc For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #1222
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Despite everyone's complaints, I feel this has been a strong season for dexter. I think they've finally transitioned from being a 'good show' with compelling characters, intricate storylines, brilliant deductions by dexter, etc. to being a 'fun show' that eschews boring characters and focuses on being a fun ride for viewers.

I didn't think the show could continue with good material without challenging the audience more than the producers would be willing to. Rather than trying to ride the line between 'good' and 'fun' and succeeding at neither, I've really been enjoying the new season that just focuses on being a fun ride.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #1223
BigDogg
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Well finally the "big twist" was revealed. Hopefully the next couple episodes really pick up the intensity. Anyone have any theories about the computer tech who bought the ITK's arm? At times he's seemed to be really trying to get close to Dexter... Makes me wonder.
BigDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:14 AM   #1224
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good call CP, now the fun begins.

I don't think there's anything with the tech...this is Travis acting all alone!
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:54 AM   #1225
Samiz
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogg View Post
Well finally the "big twist" was revealed. Hopefully the next couple episodes really pick up the intensity. Anyone have any theories about the computer tech who bought the ITK's arm? At times he's seemed to be really trying to get close to Dexter... Makes me wonder.
I have a pretty wild theory. I think that the tech, Louis, is Brian Moser's son. He's been trying to get close to Dexter (kinda like Brian was) and he is a "collector," much like Brian. I think his age matches the profile and it would also play quite well on the whole "being a better father" thing. Louis was mistreated by Brian (or perhaps never even met him) and using his whole tech background, was able to find Dexter

It's quite far fetched but what do you guys think?
Samiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 AM   #1226
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiz View Post
I have a pretty wild theory. I think that the tech, Louis, is Brian Moser's son. He's been trying to get close to Dexter (kinda like Brian was) and he is a "collector," much like Brian. I think his age matches the profile and it would also play quite well on the whole "being a better father" thing. Louis was mistreated by Brian (or perhaps never even met him) and using his whole tech background, was able to find Dexter

Not bad but I think Louis is just a little too old to be Moser's son.I've been thinking of a very similar plot but with Trinity instead. Arthur Mitchell was a collector too. And he would be the type to have a secret kid somewhere and possibly another kid that he confided in with his "other life".

One things for sure, Louis is not just a filler character IMO.
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #1227
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiz View Post

Interesting, but I don't think the ages match up. Lewis is what, ten years younger than Brian, at most?

But I'm not ruling out a connection to Moser. Maybe a third brother? I don't know, but I am intrigued by this little story.

I think I would have liked the last couple of episodes if I hadn't been in and out of this thread. If I didn't read the theory of Gellar not being real, then I probably wouldn't have even thought about it. But since I did, every scene, I found myself looking for evidence to support or disprove that theory. So, when the big twist was revealed in the last episode, it was pretty anti-climatic for me.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #1228
BigDogg
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Interesting, but I don't think the ages match up. Lewis is what, ten years younger than Brian, at most?

But I'm not ruling out a connection to Moser. Maybe a third brother? I don't know, but I am intrigued by this little story.

I think I would have liked the last couple of episodes if I hadn't been in and out of this thread. If I didn't read the theory of Gellar not being real, then I probably wouldn't have even thought about it. But since I did, every scene, I found myself looking for evidence to support or disprove that theory. So, when the big twist was revealed in the last episode, it was pretty anti-climatic for me.
I think the twist was dragged out way too long, it just became painfully obvious after episode 5 or 6.

In regards to Lewis I have two theories.

One, he's connected to the Moser family somehow, the way he idolizes Dexter and now seemingly ITK as well.

Two, with his tech expertise he could be an FBI mole. How many major serial killers have had some tie in with Miami Metro. Deb was engaged to ITK, Doakes was labeled as the BHB, Trinity kills Lundy and Rita.
Perhaps the FBI has caught on and uses Masuka's intern program as a perfect opportunity to plant a mole in the heart of the Homicide division.
I remember in season 2 Lundy's boss (played by the same actor who plays Mike from Breaking Bad) showed up at one point. Maybe he's behind it, which would be awesome cause he's a great actor.
However, this theory doesn't really explain Lewis' acquisition of the ITK prosthetic arm.
BigDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #1229
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

One thing I don't understand is that if Travis thought that Gellar was alive the whole time, how did Dexter see him too?

I could understand Travis seeing him as he's obviously mental, but Dexter too? I know Dexter see's his father all the time, but why would he also see Gellar.

As much as I love this show, some of the logic behind it really confuses the fata out of me.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #1230
MikaelBacklund
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Oh my gawd ! I just discovered this thread!!
MikaelBacklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #1231
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
One thing I don't understand is that if Travis thought that Gellar was alive the whole time, how did Dexter see him too?

I could understand Travis seeing him as he's obviously mental, but Dexter too? I know Dexter see's his father all the time, but why would he also see Gellar.

As much as I love this show, some of the logic behind it really confuses the fata out of me.
Dexter never saw him.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:49 PM   #1232
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only time Dexter ever thought he was in the same place as Gellar was at the church when he found Travis chained up. We could see Gellar in the loft behind Dexter, but when he looked, Gellar was gone.

When Dexter went up into the loft looking for Gellar, he couldn't find him, but found the open window and thought he had escaped.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #1233
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ignoring the Church scene, Dexter clearly saw Gellar going into the University, that's when they knew to leave to go kill him.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #1234
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Ignoring the Church scene, Dexter clearly saw Gellar going into the University, that's when they knew to leave to go kill him.
No, Dexter was falling asleep and Travis saw him. Then, when Travis says, "There he is!", Dexter looks up and he doesn't see him, because Gellar has just conveniently gone out of sight.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:28 PM   #1235
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep, Dexter or anyone else never saw him in the last few episodes. When the theory was floated out there, I made a point of looking for stuff like that.

It was kinda like watching Sixth Sense the second time and seeing little things like the chair never moving when Bruce Willis sits down at the table with the wife at restuarant/lounge.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #1236
Philly06Cup
Closet Jedi

Exp:

The best part of being a Dexter fan: being paranoid of every character introduced and everything.

Therapist: is she there to help Deb figure out Dexter's true identity? Is she a spy for Laguertta?

Nerd Intern: Why is he spying on Dex? The real DDK pulling Travis' strings? Villain for season 7? Related to Dexter and/or Brian?

Speaking of Brian Moser, there have been a lot of Ice Truck Killer allusions. The hand; gellar in a freezer; a cameo appearance; Deb talking about him: coincidence, or something more?

Boobular Intern: Conspiring with Nerd intern?

Jamie: Probably gonna die.

Quinn: Probably gonna die? Go renegade and go after Dexter again?

TA that banged Quinn: Is she coming back? Is she working with Travis?

So many questions, and only three episodes left. I have a feeling there's a 2nd big twist coming, since so many people 'figured out' (found out) the Gellar/ghost twist. That's what makes this show great: Always guessing, but never really getting anywhere.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:55 AM   #1237
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it was pretty obvious in one of the early episodes when Travis and Gellar were in the diner and Gellar didn't have any dishes in front of him and the waitress didn't acknowledge his existence at all. Sure, she was busy flirting with Travis, but she wouldn't have completely ignored Gellar if he was there.

Then, later in that episode, when she was tied up in the kitchen, she only ever pleaded with Travis and didn't look towards Gellar, even though he was supposedly sitting right beside her and had been the one who had tied her up.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #1238
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Am I missing something? Why is LaGuerta and the Captain so against Deb reopening that case?
CedarMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #1239
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarMeter View Post
Am I missing something? Why is LaGuerta and the Captain so against Deb reopening that case?
The Captain was with the hooker when she OD'd.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #1240
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
The Captain was with the hooker when she OD'd.
Gotcha. Ok makes sense.
CedarMeter is offline   Reply With Quote