Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2018, 05:20 PM   #641
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1545739
Report: Budenholzer to become Bucks head coach
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #642
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Come on Rockets. Winning 65 games is no fluke. A win tonight sends them into Oakland with some confidence.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:41 PM   #643
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculoso View Post
https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1545739
Report: Budenholzer to become Bucks head coach
Smart move on his part. Easy choice over the Raptors who have very little moving forward compared to the Bucks. A young superstar to work with and other good pieces over the aging cast of the Raptors. What youth they they possess has a lack of star power. Solid pieces but nothing special other than maybe OG.

I'd rather they went with Stackhouse anyway. Works well with youth and i'm hoping they move that way quickly and jettison as many of the veteran core as possible.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:53 AM   #644
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Classy letter from Casey:

Dear Toronto,
Thank you.

Thank you to basketball fans across this city and the country of Canada who supported the Raptors and welcomed my family with open arms during our seven years here. Thank you to all the fans who cheered us on at the Air Canada Centre while we built this program into a playoff contender, packed Jurassic Park even in the cold and rain, watched the games from home and offered their undying support as we traveled this road to relevancy together.

Thank you for teaching our all-American family the Canadian way. That being polite and considerate to one another is always the best way. That diversity is something to be embraced and celebrated. That taking the time to learn about each other's cultures is the surest way to find common ground and understanding. Thank you for making our children feel safe, valued, and comfortable in their own skin. We cannot express how important it has been to build the foundations of who our children are as human beings in a country that shows through its words, actions and laws that all people deserve basic human rights, and a chance to reach their goals through education and hard work.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...thank-you.html
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 05:41 PM   #645
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

How often does a coach do something like this after being fired?

Very impressive gesture by Casey.

It's also a nice dig at the current state of America and allows us Canadians/Torontonians to pat ourselves on the back!

Also, Holy Crap! does his wife look young. Like at least half his age. They look like a happy family though so good on him.

Last edited by savemedrzaius; 05-17-2018 at 05:44 PM.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #646
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Does anyone think if the Raps had traded for VC maybe he could have led this team? Given it some backbone?

I know he isn't what he used to be but for his leadership alone in the locker room, it might have made a difference.

Carter has the respect of all the young guys in the league. Maybe he could have picked up Derozan, Lowry, all the guys.

There's no way to prove if it would have or wouldn't have worked but they sure could have used a real all-star vet who's been around the league for so long. Lebron is in their heads, but Carter wouldn't give a crap about Lebron. He's got that swagger and confidence to him that could have rubbed off on his teammates.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 07:10 PM   #647
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
How often does a coach do something like this after being fired?

Very impressive gesture by Casey.

It's also a nice dig at the current state of America and allows us Canadians/Torontonians to pat ourselves on the back!

Also, Holy Crap! does his wife look young. Like at least half his age. They look like a happy family though so good on him.
She is 41, he is 61
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:26 AM   #648
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
Does anyone think if the Raps had traded for VC maybe he could have led this team? Given it some backbone?

I know he isn't what he used to be but for his leadership alone in the locker room, it might have made a difference.

Carter has the respect of all the young guys in the league. Maybe he could have picked up Derozan, Lowry, all the guys.

There's no way to prove if it would have or wouldn't have worked but they sure could have used a real all-star vet who's been around the league for so long. Lebron is in their heads, but Carter wouldn't give a crap about Lebron. He's got that swagger and confidence to him that could have rubbed off on his teammates.
I was thinking the same thing, especially after watching that Vince Carter documentary on Netflix recently.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #649
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raptors needed OG Carter to have a chance, he probably would’ve been better than CJ Miles was. Vince Carter is still the greatest player to play for the Raptors and frankly it isn’t close. Someone needed to chew out Derozan and tell him to grow some balls, maybe VC would’ve done that. Who knows
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:12 PM   #650
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean it's no secret Houston is mentally weak, but I'd like to think they haven't thrown the towel in on this series yet. Horrific start to this game.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:43 PM   #651
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I mean it's no secret Houston is mentally weak, but I'd like to think they haven't thrown the towel in on this series yet. Horrific start to this game.
Why are they mentally weak?
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #652
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well they're basically Raptors West, although they did fight pretty hard tonight. Warriors fourth quarter shooting was insanely awful though, not gonna see them shoot like 3-17 very often.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:49 PM   #653
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Call them mentally weak if you want but the facts are they won 65 games this year and are 2 home games from the finals. Trying to dethrone a champion now and they have a legit chance.

Raptors west? Please, there is no comparison.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:51 PM   #654
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Harden made more plays in the first two quarters of this game than Derozan made the entire series vs the Cavs. If Harden is mentally weak what is Derozan?
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 05:46 AM   #655
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

We do remember the Rockets losing by 39 at home last year in an elimination game, when the opponent was missing one of the three best players in the league, right? When Harden basically quit? Nice win last night and all, but their reputation was earned.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:02 PM   #656
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So let me get this straight. The Warriors play one of their worst halves of the season, missing open shots, lots of turnovers, poor defensively...and they're tied. Harden has been abysmal. Rockets also need to stop shooting so many threes, although they've also missed like 10 wide ass open looks from deep.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 05-24-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:22 PM   #657
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So let me get this straight. The Warriors play one of their worst halves of the season, missing open shots, lots of turnovers, poor defensively...and they're tied. Harden has been abysmal. Rockets also need to stop shooting so many threes, although they've also missed like 10 wide ass open looks from deep.
You got quite the hate on for Harden and the Rockets. Rockets have given GSW all they can handle.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 09:24 PM   #658
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a hate for how bad this basketball has been the last two games. Basically been 96 minutes of iso ball from both teams. Dreadful to watch, without the refs pushing these teams to the line this game would be in the 70's.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:34 PM   #659
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

This series absolutely over if Chris Paul is hurt.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:34 PM   #660
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have a hate for how bad this basketball has been the last two games. Basically been 96 minutes of iso ball from both teams. Dreadful to watch, without the refs pushing these teams to the line this game would be in the 70's.
Fair enough. Who knows what's going on for injuries right now. Harden didn't seem himself tonight but a wins a win.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire them all , i'm better than ibaka , kawhi so serious? , lebronto , time to go nuclear