Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #2781
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
I know I've seen Mango hanging out there before games a few times. Do you watch the game from there as well?
It depends on the weather. I like sitting on the patio because I can observe the entire length of the field. It lets me see plays develop deep into each third from opening to the final whistle. There's not a lot of chatter, so I can concentrate on getting work done. I also always make sure to sit in the middle -- the camera lift blocks the north goal if you're too far left.

During the summer months, especially during the Canadian Championship, there were a lot of people on the patio who had never been to a soccer game before, didn't know the rules, etc. It was neat explaining that to them and seeing the game from their eyes.

If I were attending as a fan, though, I'd want to be in the heart of everything. No question.

The buffet/service in the Officer's Club is excellent, though. The parking situation is easy as pie. So if some corporate folks had the cash, and they wanted to go that route with season tickets, I don't think you'd be disappointed.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mango For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 09:12 AM   #2782
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah definitely a no brainer to renew for me in 200. That's still great value and the all game's I missed I was able to sell for face value anyways. Here's to another great season!
Old 10-18-2019, 09:46 AM   #2783
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aribim Pepple was not selected for the U-17 World Cup. The entire squad is made up of academy prospects from the 3 MLS clubs. Crazy that one of the few players actually getting minutes in a professional league is left out.

https://canadasoccer.com/canada-socc...l-2019-p162447

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #2784
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Aribim Pepple was not selected for the U-17 World Cup. The entire squad is made up of academy prospects from the 3 MLS clubs. Crazy that one of the few players actually getting minutes in a professional league is left out.

I'm beginning to wonder whether Cavalry players are being passed over purposefully at this point. Last week I would have thought that Carducci and Zator should have been included in the squad, and instead that kid from Edmonton got the nod? Weird. Then you see this and you start to wonder if there's something else at play here?
Old 10-18-2019, 10:00 AM   #2785
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

On top of Alberta U17’s running the table at CSA club Nationals to get shut out of being picked. The selections remind me of Federal politics.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1183801948694306816
Old 10-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #2786
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey guys, I have a scenario/question for you. I have not embraced this team yet (I guess was just waiting to see if it would go like all the other football ventures in Calgary), so I am curious how you would respond to this scenario...

Assuming CFC wins the Fall, the playoff becomes absurd and irrelevant. If the league/refereeing/luck conspire to let Forge win the playoff and they are declared champions, will you be able to continue supporting the league? I know I wouldn't be able to. How about you?

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

Old 10-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #2787
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Hey guys, I have a scenario/question for you. I have not embraced this team yet (I guess was just waiting to see if it would go like all the other football ventures in Calgary), so I am curious how you would respond to this scenario...

Assuming CFC wins the Fall, the playoff becomes absurd and irrelevant. If the league/refereeing/luck conspire to let Forge win the playoff and they are declared champions, will you be able to continue supporting the league? I know I wouldn't be able to. How about you?
I'm still going to be all in. It's nice to say the playoff is absurd if we win the Fall, but we all knew the format going into the season. The Fall is nice and all, but the playoff is what determines the champion. If Forge gets helped along, I'll certainly hate them even more than I already do, but it's just one more thing to overcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #2788
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like having the finals at all is a bit of a sham. I hope Cavalry win the title tomorrow and then batter the Forge so we don't have to consider this, because for me it would really make me question things.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:02 PM   #2789
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post

Good question. I would be pissed off for sure. It would also make it very difficult to support the league. That said, growing pains are normal. Bad things such as ticket pricing, bad policy including wonky schedules, rules and reffing should be expected. I would be more upset if appropriate changes were not made apparent then if 'mistakes' happen.

The bottom line for me is I love sports, live sports specifically. During the summer Formula 1 is too early in the morning and I can't bring my self to support a team from Toronto and don't want to spend money on baseball streaming services. So yeah, I'll keep supporting them/ the league. Local soccer is the perfect summer sport to watch and it times perfectly with following the Flames/ NFL.

Not to mention my Old man and I enjoy going together, its a good excuse to drink a beer in the sun and shoot the breeze.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #2790
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Regardless of that scenario, I'm all in. I've been waiting for successful pro soccer in Calgary for decades. The kinks in this league will work itself out over time as it grows into a larger, more professional league.

The Cavs are too much fun as a product to stop my support.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #2791
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

nvm

Last edited by Muta; 10-18-2019 at 03:32 PM. Reason: double post
Old 10-18-2019, 03:56 PM   #2792
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another good article on the supporter created Wildrose Cup which will be presented tomorrow.

https://fcedmonton.canpl.ca/article/...d-wildrose-cup

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 04:02 PM   #2793
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Anyone going to the town hall tonight?
Old 10-18-2019, 04:05 PM   #2794
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I'm beginning to wonder whether Cavalry players are being passed over purposefully at this point. Last week I would have thought that Carducci and Zator should have been included in the squad, and instead that kid from Edmonton got the nod? Weird. Then you see this and you start to wonder if there's something else at play here?
How are players scouted? Are they picking the best talent or picking players that afford to play with the bigger clubs in order to get scouted?

Old 10-18-2019, 08:01 PM   #2795
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone know if there are any ticket deals for tomorrow? I sold mine a few months back and think I may head down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2019, 08:06 PM   #2796
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
Anyone know if there are any ticket deals for tomorrow? I sold mine a few months back and think I may head down there.

Post #2613 code will work for Sat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #2797
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Post #2613 code will work for Sat.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 08:39 PM   #2798
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Got some $90 tickets for $10. Considering taking the Rose & Crown bus tomorrow and grabbing a pint. What time will the bus leave, and what time is safe to get served & pay for a beer before that?
Old 10-18-2019, 09:30 PM   #2799
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
On top of Alberta U17’s running the table at CSA club Nationals to get shut out of being picked. The selections remind me of Federal politics.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1183801948694306816
Refer to the map here for where the only good soccer players come from, according to the CSA, in red and yellow.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...postcount=1482

Has been the same political eastern bias + 1 or 2 from BC, BS since I played at that level in the 90s.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:43 PM   #2800
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

The Town Hall was quite fun tonight! Tommy's just awesome, and I definitely have respect for Jeff Paulus. He's very well-spoken.

That being said, I still hope the Cavs crush the Eddies tomorrow!

And on another note, they added a countdown to renew tickets on the ticket manager page! No pressure!

Last edited by Kipper is King; 10-18-2019 at 09:48 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kipper is King For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge