Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-10-2019, 04:22 AM   #81
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Yeah you should watch the documentary, also wow those youtube comments, the blinders these people have.

Last edited by Thor; 03-10-2019 at 05:44 AM.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:37 AM   #82
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
It was well-established, and admitted even by Jackson himself, that he had child fans living with him at Neverland and sharing a bed with him every night. Those weren't rumours. Combined with his extremely eccentric behaviour, evident narcissism, and lack of any romantic links with adults, it didn't take hate or resentment to conclude that he was using those children for sexual gratification.
Not everybody follows that stuff closely enough to make sure it's actually well established.

Or at all. Celebrity news were more contained in gossip rags pre-FB.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:27 AM   #83
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Not everybody follows that stuff closely enough to make sure it's actually well established.

Or at all. Celebrity news were more contained in gossip rags pre-FB.
Maybe things were different in Finland, but in Canada stories about Jackson's bizarre behaviour weren't confined to celebrity gossip - they were front page news. Oprah's interview with Jackson in 1993 was the most watched television interview ever.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2019, 09:53 AM   #84
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Yeah you should watch the documentary, also wow those youtube comments, the blinders these people have.
My Mom's one of them. She has loved MJ for her whole life, and right now she's waging war in any comment section on Facebook that has to do with this. It's uncomfortable. I haven't seen the documentary yet, but I've thought MJ a creep for a long time now. I'll be watching this before I see her again though, and that might make for a tough conversation when she brings it up...because she will.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #85
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
Eric Weinstein commented about this today on twitter:

‘Spoiler Alert: our entire society is built on work done by people who lived lives that make us now squirm.

You‘re tearing your own skin in hopes of ridding yourself of melanoma. Stop trying to purify yourself. We‘re permanently impure. Infected. This will never work. Deal w/ it.’
Yeah.....I dont know that I am aware of anyone who actually believes that MJ was pure as pristine snow.

But the fact that the artists that create the content enjoyed by the masses arent 'good people' is an uncomfortable realization for many, but it really shouldnt be all that much of a surprise.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:27 AM   #86
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
My Mom's one of them. She has loved MJ for her whole life, and right now she's waging war in any comment section on Facebook that has to do with this. It's uncomfortable. I haven't seen the documentary yet, but I've thought MJ a creep for a long time now. I'll be watching this before I see her again though, and that might make for a tough conversation when she brings it up...because she will.
That's sad, my brother and his wife are pretty hardcore in denial too. It's sad they won't even watch the documentary.

Amazing this man, a serial child molester, gets a pass because of his mega-fame and talents. Had it been any other celebrity he would have been taken down long ago.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #87
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's sad, my brother and his wife are pretty hardcore in denial too. It's sad they won't even watch the documentary.

Amazing this man, a serial child molester, gets a pass because of his mega-fame and talents. Had it been any other celebrity he would have been taken down long ago.
It would be a far more interesting case if he werent dead. I think theres a lot of 'dont speak ill of the dead' going on.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #88
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

You don't need to watch the video to find evidence that points to a high probability of Jackson being a child molester (I still haven't watched it myself because I've read summaries of the allegations and I'm not sure I really want to hear them in detail). These facts in Vanity Fair are not allegations, but evidence submitted in court.

10 Undeniable Facts About the Michael Jackson Sexual-Abuse Allegations

Another Vanity Fair article, from way back in 1994, points out some other damning facts, such as the secret staircase between Jackson's bedroom and the Shirley Temple room where children slept over. Employees testified that they often found the bed in the Shirley Temple Room untouched the next morning.

Nightmare in Neverland: https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1994/01/orth199401

Again, that story was written in '94.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 03-10-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:32 PM   #89
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Maybe things were different in Finland, but in Canada stories about Jackson's bizarre behaviour weren't confined to celebrity gossip - they were front page news.
Yeah, that too probably makes a difference. In fact, I think our whole culture has a pretty different relationship towards celebrities. We generally don't make as big of a fuss, and their private lives tend to be more contained to the gossip sections and magazines.

Quote:
Oprah's interview with Jackson in 1993 was the most watched television interview ever.
We don't get Oprah. Or most other US talk shows for that matter. Of course now people can watch some of them on the interwebs.

Really the only US talk show host that was in any way mainstream popular in Finland was Conan O'Brien when he was still on Late Night. No, I can't explain why him specifically

EDIT: I think most of the world is the same in that we tend to get news (or "news") about US celebrities (who are still often massively popular outside the US) filtered through local news sources, which adds a level of obfuscation and uncertainty as to what's actually true and confirmed.

Last edited by Itse; 03-10-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #90
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Here is the 60 Mins Australia doc on Michael Jackson's maid.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:31 PM   #91
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just finished both parts, I have nothing but respect for Wade Robson and James Safechuck for having the courage to go on camera and tell their story. I can't imagine how difficult that must be, especially after the torment and anguish they've experienced. As naive as the mothers were and how they failed to protect them, you have to give them credit for owning up and facing the camera. Not many can admit when they've screwed up let alone screwed up so bad to allow your child to be sexually abused for years.

I wish that piece of garbage Michael Jackson was still alive to pay for what he did. He truly is a disgusting person and I hope his memory is forever tarnished and dragged through the mud as it deserves to be. F him and every person who blindly defends him for some insane reason.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 11:52 PM   #92
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Video re-emerges of Michael Jackson buying wedding ring, in a horribly bad disguise shopping with what appears to be Safechuck.

All absolutely normal things non-pedophiles do with little boys.

https://guardian.ng/life/whatsnew/vi...gs-with-child/

Last edited by Thor; 03-14-2019 at 11:57 PM.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #93
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
“Michael said he was shopping for a wedding ring. He says he plans to marry Sheryl Crow – one of his backup singers.
Sheryl Crow was a backup singer for Michael Jackson?! The Jackson camp probably offered a marriage $$$ deal to Crow but she turned them down.

But yeah, that news item shows that Jackson's bizarre fixation on adolescent boys was always public knowledge, and widely recognized as predatory. I honestly can't fathom how anyone is surprised by the allegations in Leaving Neverland.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:12 AM   #94
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Video re-emerges of Michael Jackson buying wedding ring, in a horribly bad disguise shopping with what appears to be Safechuck.

All absolutely normal things non-pedophiles do with little boys.

https://guardian.ng/life/whatsnew/vi...gs-with-child/
Wait, he was going to marry Cheryl Crow??
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #95
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

He was shopping at Zales?
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #96
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

He was a pedophile?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #97
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
He was a pedophile?
He even says so himself...

NSFW!
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icecube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2019, 06:27 AM   #98
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Is this the MoMo challenge?
2Stonedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #99
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Looks like after Cory Feldman's initial blasting the documentary, it looks as if he is coming around to the obvious.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:20 AM   #100
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

https://www.spin.com/2019/03/barbra-...n-allegations/

Quote:
Barbra Streisand has sparked controversy after voicing her opinion on the allegations against Michael Jackson in the wake of HBO’s Leaving Neverland documentary.

In a recent interview with the Evening Standard, Streisand says she “absolutely” believes that Jackson sexually abused Wade Robson and James Safechuck, but in spite of that, she appears to sympathize with the pop star.

“His sexual needs were his sexual needs, coming from whatever childhood he has or whatever DNA he has,” she said. “You can say ‘molested,’ but those children, as you heard say [the grown-up Robson and Safechuck], they were thrilled to be there. They both married and they both have children, so it didn’t kill them.”
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote