Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for in the federal election?
Conservatives 196 54.29%
Liberals 74 20.50%
NDP 32 8.86%
Green 13 3.60%
PPC 3 0.83%
Bloc Quebecois 1 0.28%
Rhino 11 3.05%
Other 9 2.49%
Not voting 22 6.09%
Voters: 361. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #81
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Yawn. Most of these jokes are getting old. Is the election over yet? Please god hurry this day up.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:42 PM   #82
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Ha ha ha. Who voted Bloc?
habernac?
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:45 PM   #83
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

I love Calgary, I want to see things like the Green Line. I strongly believe that the combination of CPC and UPC governments will kill the Green Line. I also strongly believe in LGBTQ+ and Women's Rights. I cannot support the current trend of social conservatism, and I don't think that a CPC government will help Alberta in the slightest. The NDP are the only party that has a national cycling strategy, but I can't vote for them for their stance on Alberta industry. Trudeau is an idiot and a bad leader. Green's are a throw away vote.

There are no good options. I hate politics.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:34 PM   #84
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
I love Calgary, I want to see things like the Green Line. I strongly believe that the combination of CPC and UPC governments will kill the Green Line. I also strongly believe in LGBTQ+ and Women's Rights. I cannot support the current trend of social conservatism, and I don't think that a CPC government will help Alberta in the slightest. The NDP are the only party that has a national cycling strategy, but I can't vote for them for their stance on Alberta industry. Trudeau is an idiot and a bad leader. Green's are a throw away vote.

By nature, policitians are meant to divide.

I've struggled with similar thoughts that you have. The only option I can support at this point is veering away from a two-party system that we seem to be heading towards.

Basically, I'm going to vote for the third party under the caveat it's not alt-whatever group.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 03:50 PM   #85
billybob123
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post

I wish there was a ballot rejection option this election. Provincially they had the option. I also hate politics, especially as you put so well, everyone sucks.

I'm going to spoil my ballot, I wish the federal parties would take note of these UT I know my ballot is lumped in with morons who can't read good or don't understand the ballot. Or will it be noticed? I just do t know. I want them to know I took the time to walk all the way to a poll just to tell them to Fata themselves.

Sadly I've spoiled several ballots in my life because of terrible options.
billybob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:52 PM   #86
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am not a Scheer fan. I thought he was an awful choice from day 1. But I voted CPC. PPC is too far right for me, I have ethical problems voting for Trudeau (which probably cost the Liberals my vote), and Jagmeet Singh is a loon. As soon as he said “we don’t respect Conservatives” I knew I wasn’t even going to consider the NDP. I hate that divisive rhetoric. You don’t have to agree with everyone but to flat out say you don’t respect them? Get out of here with that nonsense.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #87
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2 View Post
Voting for a party that could reduce the chances of your in-laws coming into the country sounds like a no-brainer to me

Asian in-laws are different. They come over to look after the kids and cook, and they don't speak English. It's parenting on easy mode
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 03:58 PM   #88
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
Multiple ethics breaches, discoveries of uncountable racist blackface dressups, and blocking the RCMP just weren't enough to tip the scales for you eh? That's really too bad. At least you voted.

I've repeatedly said that I don't like Trudeau, I want him gone as soon as possible after this election. I can't ignore Scheer's stance on climate and social issues, and the NDP would be disastrous for the economy, so that only leaves me with the Liberals
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:24 PM   #89
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Asian in-laws are different. They come over to look after the kids and cook, and they don't speak English. It's parenting on easy mode
Then they move in and do none of that a few years later.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #90
MelBridgeman
Franchise Player

Exp:

CBC live stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYrY_945co0
MelBridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:37 PM   #91
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

I’ve been a member of the Green Party since 2008. I mailed off my ballot two weeks ago.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #92
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Gotta echo the thoughts of others, felt like choosing between all bad options this time around personally. Still you've gotta get it done.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:42 PM   #93
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't vote, because I'm too lazy to vote from here, and my riding is overwhelmingly Conservative.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:47 PM   #94
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Jordan is a she? I didn't see a single one of her signs in my area.

Talk about running bottom of the barrel candidates in Calgary for the Libs.
What neighbourhood do you live in? She was definitely active in Renfrew, but this is where their support was strong last time.

In the last election, it was very close, but the projections point to this year being a solid Conservative victory.

It's too bad the Liberals didn't win the riding last time because their candidate seemed like he would have been a decent MP, and losing the riding may have given the Conservatives a reason to nominate a decent candidate this time around. From everything I've seen of the guy, Len Webber seems to be the definition of an empty suit. In fact, I think we would have received better representation from a dry cleaning bag with a blue suit inside than we got from Webber.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #95
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nenshi sighting.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #96
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is very telling about the current state of affairs that most of the people that have stated who they voted for, listed all the reasons that they didn't vote for others. Not sure if I have seen anyone yet list a positive reason that earned their vote.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #97
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

It is sad, because the Liberals without Trudeau and the PCs without Scheer would both be decent parties.

Things have become more polarizing, and modern Canada politics has been extremely influenced by our southern neighbors and their smear campaigns they run against our energy sector. Because of that it has muddled the debate to the point where facts and scientific information mean little, while fancy pundits and 16 year old girls mean everything. As a country instead of utilizing our own resources, we import oil from countries that abuse human rights and are against everything we should stand for as a nation. We cannot agree on better inter provincial trade despite massive amounts of evidence saying it would benefit Canada as a whole. Provinces bicker who has rights over what.

That being said our country has a lot of be proud of with how environmentally advanced we have been for years. Sad that those parts of the equation are ignored by Greta and the people out to smear Canada and specifically Alberta and the energy sector.

To me there are okay parties run by incapable leaders.

I did vote however for the one I thought would do the least damage, but not for the one I thought would do the most good.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:04 PM   #98
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

I can't even figure out what I'm voting for. I don't feel that any of the parties have provided me with their future vision for Canada. Just their list of things they will say "no" too.

I guess my vote boils down to an indication of my stance on Black Face circa 2002?
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:06 PM   #99
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

At least one of them is hopefully going to step down tonight! Both need to be fired into the sun!
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:07 PM   #100
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Can’t vote for someone who thinks he is above the law when running the country. Or any of the party’s who will prop him up.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote