Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #1081
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not one screencap of me without a beer in my hand. Damn rights...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #1082
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Not one screencap of me without a beer in my hand. Damn rights...
Too bad the banner couldn’t get in!
Old 06-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #1083
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Damn, Forge win it at the end.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:04 PM   #1084
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm really interested to see if the crappy teams make lots of roster moves in between the spring and fall seasons. I don't think it would be easy, given the signed players are on at least one year contracts.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:24 PM   #1085
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Pretty damn good day to be a soccer fan.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #1086
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn, what a game. The first half was completely uneventful but in a 10 minute span Cavalry took over. Beautiful day for the game, and it was good to party with the Edmonton supporters after the game. I am absolutely exhausted this morning.

Here's the banner that was confiscated by security. Originally they approved it, but after it was hung for 30 minutes or so, security came back over and confiscated it at someone's request. Not sure who made that request but I've heard rumours that if true will really frustrate me.

Last edited by shermanator; 06-16-2019 at 08:18 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2019, 08:28 AM   #1087
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, introducing the Wild Rose Cup, which will be given to the winner of the Al Classico series each year. Both supporters groups raised funds for the trophy. Spoilered for size.

NSFW!

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #1088
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Damn, what a game. The first half was completely uneventful but in a 10 minute span Cavalry took over. Beautiful day for the game, and it was good to party with the Edmonton supporters after the game. I am absolutely exhausted this morning.

Here's the banner that was confiscated by security. Originally they approved it, but after it was hung for 30 minutes or so, security came back over and confiscated it at someone's request. Not sure who made that request but I've heard rumours that if true will really frustrate me.

You went out with the RVV after? I hope everyone was well behaved. Pretty nice to see two supporters groups get together and celebrate pro football in Canada.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2019, 05:37 PM   #1089
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Fantastic banner. Reading between the lines sounds as if someone from the Cavs wanted it down?
Banner needs to visit the Dome this year. Cross out "league" and replace it with "coach" or "GM" or "high first round pick", and the Oilers logo.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:47 AM   #1090
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Is that Mark Northover in the top right?
Old 06-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #1091
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

it was good to party with the Edmonton supporters after the game

Aeneas could confirm, but we never partied with Oilers supporters after the game in the 80s.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #1092
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am heaps of fun at that game, I think that ive finally got my voice back after all that singing.

Can't wait till Saturday! Up the Cavs!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 10:20 AM   #1093
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the 3 hour time difference with Atlantic time, Wednesdays match will be kicking off at 4pm Mountain. That'll be interesting. Might have to have OneSoccer streaming on my drive home (phone face down on the seat, of course!) so I can listen to the first half.

And that's a long haul back home for Saturday. But - that's Canada for you. Of course, Forge don't have a mid-week match this week, so it could be a bit of a factor. All the more reason to win vs. Thy League's Golden Children.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:57 AM   #1094
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
With the 3 hour time difference with Atlantic time, Wednesdays match will be kicking off at 4pm Mountain. That'll be interesting. Might have to have OneSoccer streaming on my drive home (phone face down on the seat, of course!) so I can listen to the first half.

And that's a long haul back home for Saturday. But - that's Canada for you. Of course, Forge don't have a mid-week match this week, so it could be a bit of a factor. All the more reason to win vs. Thy League's Golden Children.
Yeah, I think 3-0-1 head to head would pretty convincingly demonstrate who the class of the league is for those who are still in denial.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:32 PM   #1095
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, we did party with both Edmonton supporters groups (River Valley Vanguard and River City Elite) after the game. They loved the banner and were chanting about how their club sucks for most of the second half of the game anyways.

Fortunately people in both groups have the ability to recognize that this is just a game, and that while we can hate each other during the game (and before for some of us), we are building this league and the supporters scene together. There are some people in the Edmonton supporters that I can't stand, but I simply avoid talking to them.

It won't always be that way, but for now it is.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 12:42 PM   #1096
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #1097
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Jimmy Stang & I got our hands on two singles in section 200 for the June 22 game against Forge. We are leaning towards heading to the Rose & Crown (we both live in Tuscany, so we have a day of travel no matter what) with the hopes of catching the bus.

Shermanator, any advice around the recommended time to arrive at the R&C for a 4:00pm Saturday kickoff at Spruce Meadows? How are seats on the bus allocated? I believe I read earlier that the Foot Soldiers have priority on said bus (which makes perfect sense) but we'd both like to buy you a beer if you can help show us the ropes and assist us in arriving to the game on time!
Old 06-17-2019, 08:54 PM   #1098
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Reminder to STH to confirm your sh-itecaps tickets before they are released to the public tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #1099
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
If you follow the Cavalry FC Instagram account, they're advertising four tickets for $99, when you use the promo code FAMILYCFC. I'd say that's a pretty good deal!

Spoiler!

EDIT: Large social media post above.
Has anyone got this to work? I can't get it to price like that for any game I've tried - thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:37 PM   #1100
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
Jimmy Stang & I got our hands on two singles in section 200 for the June 22 game against Forge. We are leaning towards heading to the Rose & Crown (we both live in Tuscany, so we have a day of travel no matter what) with the hopes of catching the bus.

Shermanator, any advice around the recommended time to arrive at the R&C for a 4:00pm Saturday kickoff at Spruce Meadows? How are seats on the bus allocated? I believe I read earlier that the Foot Soldiers have priority on said bus (which makes perfect sense) but we'd both like to buy you a beer if you can help show us the ropes and assist us in arriving to the game on time!
They do hand out tickets to get on the bus, so if you’re at the R&C early enough you’ll be good... although to be honest, it’s a bit of a free for all for the bus anyways... Shermantor will be the man to talk to in order to ensure a bus ride though.
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge