Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #161
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just booked with Travelocity!! Sept 19 - 27. So I apologize in advance for being the owner of a crying baby if you are on my flight(s).

Does anyone know if it would be okay to just get off in Madrid and not continue on to Menorca? I'm contemplating looking for Madrid - Barcelona flights and heading there instead.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #162
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

We need to create a roster as to who is actually going to Spain.

September 7th - 14

Mean Mr. Mustard
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #163
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great news! Seriously bizarre (especially if jtfrogger booked the same dates the second time around), but if tickets are being issued and confirmation numbers are matching up on spanair, I'm hopeful we're in the clear

P.S. We'll definitely have to start another thread with Menorca hotel recommendations and places to visit, and CP reviews from the first wave of travellers
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #164
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
We need to create a roster as to who is actually going to Spain.

September 7th - 14

Mean Mr. Mustard
Red sky +1

September 7th - 21st
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #165
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sept 19 - 27
Peanut & SeeGeeWhy

Edit: So I checked the Spanair site and our names & flights are there... but they do have a disclaimer at the bottom about receiving your itenerary from them within 48hours. Hmmm. I'll keep my fingers crossed but not jumping the gun on any other flights/booking a hotel for now.

Last edited by Peanut; 05-28-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #166
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Great news! Seriously bizarre (especially if jtfrogger booked the same dates the second time around), but if tickets are being issued and confirmation numbers are matching up on spanair, I'm hopeful we're in the clear

P.S. We'll definitely have to start another thread with Menorca hotel recommendations and places to visit, and CP reviews from the first wave of travellers
The confirmation on Spanair means nothing. My booking through travelocity.ca had info there, but it did not go through. I checked the page with my travelocity.com confirmation number, and it had all the same information at my .ca reservation. I think the key thing is to get a 13-digit ticket number. (EDIT: I had a 13-digit ticket number with my original Orbitz reservation, so that is not absolute confirmation.)

And I created this thread. We should probably take our discussion out of this thread so that the people that subscribe to it for the deals don't get annoyed with our Spain talk.

Last edited by jtfrogger; 05-28-2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: clarify that the ticket number does not guarantee a seat
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #167
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn you all! ahahah I should have checked CP during the day...I can't seem to find anything anymore.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:05 PM   #168
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar_e View Post
Damn you all! ahahah I should have checked CP during the day...I can't seem to find anything anymore.
I just tried on travelocity.com for Sep 7-14 and it was still there.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtfrogger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #169
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Just booked with Travelocity!! Sept 19 - 27. So I apologize in advance for being the owner of a crying baby if you are on my flight(s).

Does anyone know if it would be okay to just get off in Madrid and not continue on to Menorca? I'm contemplating looking for Madrid - Barcelona flights and heading there instead.
It's actually decently cheap to fly from Menorca to Barcelona. Like 160 Euro for two people, round trip
FFR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FFR For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #170
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfrogger View Post
I just tried on travelocity.com for Sep 7-14 and it was still there.
You know what's weird? I can get the price to display, and select flights...but on travelocity, I sign in, but it won't let me select e-tickets or paper tickets (states neither are available) and when I click "continue with this reservation" it says that I need to pick an option.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #171
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I already sent jar_e a PM about it, but I figured I should post it here too. I recommend calling Travelocity. I would not have had my tickets confirmed if I didn't call Travelocity after I booked it. So, if anyone has booked, call the company you booked with and see if you can get your ticket number.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtfrogger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #172
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

In the email I was sent, it has a Spanair locator number, Orbitz record number and airline ticket number. Is that all I need?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #173
Rhyme
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
I already sent jar_e a PM about it, but I figured I should post it here too. I recommend calling Travelocity. I would not have had my tickets confirmed if I didn't call Travelocity after I booked it. So, if anyone has booked, call the company you booked with and see if you can get your ticket number.
Sorry, just to confirm... I got a booking number and a ticket number with the email confirmation that Travelocity sent me. Do you think I should still call them? Am I missing something?

The one thing that does concern me is that on the booking confirmation page on the Spanair is that I have no contact info showing on the website under the "We will contact you at" header. Is anyone getting this too?

One last thing, when you talked to the Travelocity rep, did they seem at all suspicious about the flights, or mention how strange it was that it cost so little?
Rhyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #174
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR View Post
In the email I was sent, it has a Spanair locator number, Orbitz record number and airline ticket number. Is that all I need?
I just checked my original Orbitz email, and it had all three of these. And yet, my ticket ended up cancelled. Now that I realize this, I am a little more concerned that my Travelocity tickets might fall through. However, I did have a real live person tell me that it was good.

If I were you, I would call. But if you booked them more than six hours ago, you might be fine. I really don't know. I had to book three times to get to this point.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #175
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyme View Post
Sorry, just to confirm... I got a booking number and a ticket number with the email confirmation that Travelocity sent me. Do you think I should still call them? Am I missing something?

The one thing that does concern me is that on the booking confirmation page on the Spanair is that I have no contact info showing on the website under the "We will contact you at" header. Is anyone getting this too?

One last thing, when you talked to the Travelocity rep, did they seem at all suspicious about the flights, or mention how strange it was that it cost so little?
I didn't get an email when I booked through travelocity.ca (except when I forced it by logging on and having it email my itinerary). I did get an email confirming the booking through travelocity.com with all that information.

As for the Spanair website, that is the same thing I got for both of my travelocity bookings. Either it doesn't mean anything, or my flight will fall through again.

As for the Travelocity rep, he didn't seem suspicious. When I called to confirm, I blatantly said that I was calling to confirm since it seemed too good to be true. I am glad I did, since he told me the booking was rejected and suggested I try through .com. He stayed on the line until I was done and also for a few minutes after to confirm that I did get a ticket number. He was actually really good.

If you are comfortable not calling, it's up to you. I figured it wouldn't hurt to take a few minutes and call. I am glad I did. I'll probably call them again tomorrow to ask again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jtfrogger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #176
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I just checked my original Orbitz email, and it had all three of these. And yet, my ticket ended up cancelled. Now that I realize this, I am a little more concerned that my Travelocity tickets might fall through. However, I did have a real live person tell me that it was good.

If I were you, I would call. But if you booked them more than six hours ago, you might be fine. I really don't know. I had to book three times to get to this point.
I called and said that I wanted to make sure that my ticket was confirmed because a friend of mine booked the same ticket and it was cancelled. I was told that it was confirmed and that there were airline ticket numbers attached to the reservation so it was good.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #177
Zarathustra
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ok here's what just happened to me:

My Mom offered to pay for the trip with her Visa as a bday present, so I used her card and booked a trip from Sept 20-28. However I never got a confirmation email or an email from travelocity or the airline.

So I called up travelocity, went through all the steps, gave my trip number, and finally talked to an agent. He said that it didn't go through because Spanair wasn't taking Visa. So I gave him my Mastercard instead and he said that it was fine, and to expect a confirmation email within 3-4 hours.

Anybody else have problems booking with their Visa? For those who booked with Mastercard, did you have any problems?
Zarathustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #178
Rhyme
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Thanks jtfrogger. I did call just before you replied and the rep confirmed that I had a ticket. He said that the reason that there is no contact info for the Spanair site is because travelocity is the contact, so all communications from the airliner will be directed through them. I don't know if that means that Spanair has an out for the ticket as it seems like I have received the itinerary receipt from travelocity. Thanks for sharing all the info!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #179
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
Ok here's what just happened to me:

My Mom offered to pay for the trip with her Visa as a bday present, so I used her card and booked a trip from Sept 20-28. However I never got a confirmation email or an email from travelocity or the airline.

So I called up travelocity, went through all the steps, gave my trip number, and finally talked to an agent. He said that it didn't go through because Spanair wasn't taking Visa. So I gave him my Mastercard instead and he said that it was fine, and to expect a confirmation email within 3-4 hours.

Anybody else have problems booking with their Visa? For those who booked with Mastercard, did you have any problems?
I used my Visa every time.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:31 PM   #180
Rhyme
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
None. My Mastercard worked just fine on the .com site (I'm assuming that there is a difference between the .ca and .com price as some are having different problems than others).