Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #481
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Exactly what I was thinking at the time, I'd have to think they were more for surveillance, you're not chasing someone with 140hp either haha
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #482
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Oh man, I got so lucky on my way into work. I just merged onto Deerfoot off Bow Bottom and I'm heading south. Deerfoot is doing 100 on the dot and the left lane is wide open. Should have been my first clue. There's a white GMC truck in front of me. It did cross my mind that it looked rather ghost carish, but I dismissed it instantly thinking police only drove F-150s. Don't know why I thought that. So I pull into the left lane and stomp on it. And I'm in my fast car. As soon as I was beside him I was doing over the speed limit and I was on my way up. Way up. He turned on his lights (no siren) and I stomped on my brakes back down to 100. He just gave me a dirty look, I pulled in behind him and stayed on my best behaviour all the way in.

It did have me questioning why I need 500 hp. You can go from legal to lost license in my car in about 1.5 seconds. Today was a good reminder there is a lot of risk in this thing.
Edit: Wrong thread

Last edited by Dube; 06-20-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:38 PM   #483
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

My bio sister & her son are coming up from the US tonight/tomorrow, to meet me (bio dad's side). I'm happy but I'm so frigging anxious too. When my bio dad came, I had less than 24 hours notice, so I didn't have too much time to get anxious/freaked out. This time around, this has been in the works since November, and I've had more time to get wigged out. I don't know quite why I'm so freaked out, this is a very good thing, we've talked a lot, we're very alike, and I always wanted a sister but yeah - happy freakout on the go here.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 12:04 AM   #484
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

My son and I visited my Dad in Calgary this past weekend. Weather was beautiful and we brought our baseball gear. I threw him BP every day we were there, shagged flies and fielded grounders. It was awesome.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 05:16 PM   #485
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I absolutely nailed my first ever homemade spicy wonton soup tonight and on a rainy day like today, I feel pretty freaking good about it.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 08:12 PM   #486
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Made an amazing brisket over the weekend...
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bagofpucks For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 09:18 AM   #487
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was out in K Country yesterday (apparently we had some type of storm in Calgary yesterday ?? ) and saw mama grizzly and her two cubs enjoying the day in the ditch along the highway. That was cool and made me happy.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:14 PM   #488
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
Made an amazing brisket over the weekend...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ricosuave For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 10:53 PM   #489
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Driving home from my tennis match this evening and I spotted this deer eating the leaves from a tree. One of the joys of living in a small town.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:56 PM   #490
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Delicious! I expect we'll see BBQ pics tomorrow night?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 12:01 AM   #491
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm honestly pretty surprised how good Billy Idol still is and what a great show he put on tonight. That made me happy.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:57 AM   #492
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Finally getting a new job after being laid off and working 4 months of retail really MMH. It goes a long way to getting rid of the feelings of being a failure and being unwanted.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:29 PM   #493
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thinking about moving sometime in the next few months, so rather than put off everything I'd have to do around the house until then, I decided to start today.

Step one was getting rid of junk and stuff that I wasn't going to bother moving. Holy crap, 5 XL garbage bags later, I can't believe how much junk I've accumulated since the last time I moved. Feels great getting rid of it all
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 12:54 PM   #494
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

I was making breakfast this morn when I noticed what I thought was a big black dog walking along the frost fence beside the greenspace. A closer look and it was a 18 lb bear cub on a stroll heading south towards the Highwood river. About 15 minutes later I see a couple of police vans moving slowing down the greenspace following the same bear cub who decided to travel in the opposite direction. The cub got spooked by the RCMP and climbed up the fir tree in my neighbours yard.

A few minutes later some guy with a dart gun comes by to tranquilise the bear. Shot him in butt but he ended falling a sleep in the tree. Fire dept comes along and the use a ladder so one of the firefighters could climb up and get the bear down. While trying to get a harness around the bear, he fell to the ground.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:08 AM   #495
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The last verse of this song was quite spot on for these guys, just kind of realized. Regardless if it's your thing, impressive careers and have actually been some of the icons of modern day. https://youtu.be/FQ3slUz7Jo8
Old 07-21-2019, 06:40 PM   #496
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

A week from tomorrow, we leave on holidays for 2 weeks. First time pulling our trailer outside of going from our permanent spot to home/back. We have 3 more trips planned after that, and I cannot wait. Having to go to a family rebellion inside that 2 weeks is slightly less happy making BUT will get to see my in-laws there AND we're going to take our bikes and do some of the Kettle Rail trail in the area. Very very VERY much looking forward to some time away with my family.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:33 PM   #497
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
A week from tomorrow, we leave on holidays for 2 weeks. First time pulling our trailer outside of going from our permanent spot to home/back. We have 3 more trips planned after that, and I cannot wait. Having to go to a family rebellion inside that 2 weeks is slightly less happy making BUT will get to see my in-laws there AND we're going to take our bikes and do some of the Kettle Rail trail in the area. Very very VERY much looking forward to some time away with my family.

come on.... family rebellions are the best!!!

my wife and i celebrated our 18th anniversary today - so that rmmh! and tomorrow our youngest turns 4 - so that will be a blast (he's sooooo excited! his favourite number is four (has been for a couple years) so to be turning 4... does it get any better?? ha! ha!)
Old 07-22-2019, 09:11 AM   #498
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

What rmmh, my grandson turned 1 last Tuesday, I cannot believe it's already been a year, the time has gone so quickly. I just love spending time with him, it's so much fun!
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 10:48 PM   #499
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
come on.... family rebellions are the best!!!

my wife and i celebrated our 18th anniversary today - so that rmmh! and tomorrow our youngest turns 4 - so that will be a blast (he's sooooo excited! his favourite number is four (has been for a couple years) so to be turning 4... does it get any better?? ha! ha!)
Old 07-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #500
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i just received a shipment of product and it came by purolator

written on the puro sticker (side of the box where my address is) in nice legible letters is GO FLAMES!

that's just awesome and rmmh

**i know one of the guys that's at the main puro place (he's a big flames fan too) and he must have seen my address - i love it! makes my day!