Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #1921
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

First of all, holy crap lions are huge. Second, I do not for the life of me understand the desire to shoot beautiful things and stuff them. It's just so patently cruel and ugly and honestly psychopathic. Anyway, not my cup of tea. I've seen these people up close and personal and they scare me. As do others of their ilk. They actually do make me want to not live here anymore.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/world...c-b5a53216abff
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:58 PM   #1922
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

If it's any consolation, their taxidermy business is being roasted online now. They've taken down their social media accounts and their Google reviews are taking a hit.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #1923
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
If it's any consolation, their taxidermy business is being roasted online now. They've taken down their social media accounts and their Google reviews are taking a hit.

It is a bit. But not really. People have short memories and the other psychos who stuff things don't care. In fact it is likely good for business. I know a guy in Longview who walked up to an 11 foot walrus, shot it in the head and stuffed it like a boss. WTF? How challenging is it to shoot a 2 ton thing that can't run? He shot and stuffed a buffalo too. Like shooting cows is really challenging? Seriously sick.

Last edited by OMG!WTF!; 07-15-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:15 PM   #1924
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
It is a bit. But not really. People have short memories and the other psychos who stuff things don't care. In fact it is likely good for business. I know a guy in Longview who walked up to an 11 foot walrus, shot it in the head and stuffed it like a boss. WTF? How challenging is it to shoot a 2 ton thing that can't run? He shot and stuffed a buffalo too. Like shooting cows is really challenging? Seriously sick.
I hate that you edited this!

Before the edit:
"He shot a stuffed a buffalo too."

OK, that's even easier than the walrus.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #1925
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've never been particularly given to vigilante justice, but something like this is something that might make me wanna take up a bat, myself...

https://globalnews.ca/news/5503448/c...-baseball-bat/
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:52 PM   #1926
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I've never been particularly given to vigilante justice, but something like this is something that might make me wanna take up a bat, myself...

https://globalnews.ca/news/5503448/c...-baseball-bat/

Yeah they need to go hard on the sentencing with that guy. I hope his name and picture are publicized too. Not cause I want him dead, but whatever.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:04 AM   #1927
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was at the vet with my dogs and the receptionist was on the phone with a client. This client apparently did not separate his in heat Jack Russell Terrier from his unaltered Great Pyrenesse dog and the Jack Russell was now 50 days pregnant which is too late for an abortion.

Said dog owner wanted to know if his Jack Russell would be able to bring the puppies to term (maybe,) have any more puppies (probably not after that,) and whether or not they could do a c-section to save the Jack Russell and then euthanize the whole litter when it was born. He wasn't sure he wanted to do the c-section because it would probably cost too much. Probably should've spent the money on a spay then. What kind of a dog owner are you, bud?

The receptionist owns the rescue foundation in town though and offered to take the puppies when they are born and bottle feed them instead of euthanizing them all. I guess we'll see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:08 AM   #1928
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

When is that meteorite coming again?

Last edited by RyZ; 08-01-2019 at 08:40 AM.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #1929
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49253691

Wtf? Cops, a black guy and a rope sounds like a lawsuit coming.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #1930
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess playing stupid games wins great prizes.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...-nervous-shock

Quote:
A Victoria man who jaywalked with his wife has been awarded $98,000 in damages for “nervous shock” after he witnessed his wife being hit by a motorcycle.

On the day of the incident, on March 20, 2013, Ariston Quirimit Marcena, 48, and his wife had been at a medical appointment for Ms. Marcena.

As they were returning to their parked car, they decided to jaywalk to get to the car and while they were crossing Yates Street, Ms. Marcena was hit by a motorcycle being driven by Barry Robert Thomson and seriously injured.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #1931
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

You know, I'm actually not that mad at the ruling. 25% fault for running into pedestrians when you have complete vision and there's other vehicles stopped seems pretty reasonable - if not light. This isn't Carmaggedon, jaywalking doesn't give you a magical right to crash into them. Onus should always be on the driver to pay attention.

So it now comes down to damages for me. I get the mindset of just assuming he's faking it, but if the crash actually did prevent him from working these past 5 years and he has doctors claiming as such, then I guess I have to defer to their judgement. Given my views on mental illness, I would have to be a hypocrite to argue what this guy went through isn't real with no reasoning behind it and experts claiming otherwise.

Finally, this is what insurance is for.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #1932
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
You know, I'm actually not that mad at the ruling. 25% fault for running into pedestrians when you have complete vision and there's other vehicles stopped seems pretty reasonable - if not light. This isn't Carmaggedon, jaywalking doesn't give you a magical right to crash into them. Onus should always be on the driver to pay attention.

So it now comes down to damages for me. I get the mindset of just assuming he's faking it, but if the crash actually did prevent him from working these past 5 years and he has doctors claiming as such, then I guess I have to defer to their judgement. Given my views on mental illness, I would have to be a hypocrite to argue what this guy went through isn't real with no reasoning behind it and experts claiming otherwise.

Finally, this is what insurance is for.
Yates is a one-way street. My office is on the corner of one of the busier intersections of Yates and I still think you'd have to be a complete ####ing idiot to get hit by a vehicle while crossing it.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #1933
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

So? If you saw a pedestrian on the street would you continue to drive into them? Of course not. There's always going to be an onus on the driver. Stuff happens, you need to pay attention. This driver wasn't and hit a jaywalker. He may not be completely at fault, but he's clearly at fault and 25% seems reasonable.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #1934
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
So? If you saw a pedestrian on the street would you continue to drive into them? Of course not. There's always going to be an onus on the driver. Stuff happens, you need to pay attention. This driver wasn't and hit a jaywalker. He may not be completely at fault, but he's clearly at fault and 25% seems reasonable.
I disagree. The jaywalker should still be 100% at fault IMO.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #1935
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So does the motorcyclist get to sue the couple and get 75% of damages? Because I assure you no one on a motorbike has ever intentionally ran into someone, because it'll #### you up too.
The judge references an intersection meters away, it's entirely likely the motorcyclist was scanning that intersection and didn't see these two goofballs enter the road.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #1936
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
So does the motorcyclist get to sue the couple and get 75% of damages? Because I assure you no one on a motorbike has ever intentionally ran into someone, because it'll #### you up too.
The judge references an intersection meters away, it's entirely likely the motorcyclist was scanning that intersection and didn't see these two goofballs enter the road.
Honestly, I'm guessing the couple looked the wrong way and then stepped out onto the street. Keep in mind that the speed limit on that street is 40, so unless the guy was speeding, it's not like he wouldn't have had time to stop if he saw them.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:48 AM   #1937
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wont weigh in on the liability issue, but if you're a motorcyclist, you should be more aware of your surroundings. A bunch of stopped cars on the road should be a clue that something is going on. I don't think any experienced biker would just continue on. Jaywalkers aside, it could have been something else that caused the cars to stop. What if it was some emergency responders that were getting across the street and he ran into a firefighter or a cop?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #1938
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.bccourts.ca/jdb-txt/sc/1...19BCSC1287.htm

There was already cars stopped for a jaywalker coming from the other side. They took that as an opportunity to cross but the motorcycle, for no apparent reason, didn't appear to take any precautions despite the jaywalkers being visible. Of course the jaywalkers are far from blameless, but it seems like the motorcycle either didn't care or wasn't paying attention in which case tough luck.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #1939
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, pedestrians breaking the law are the victims here and they should have gotten more.

I mean, they couldnt have been more injured if they'd stepped into the road between stopped cars, they shouldnt be responsible for checking for oncoming traffic when crossing a road.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #1940
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/789904504317698048

Quote:
For all its indignities, air travel is also surprisingly democratic—people of all stripes and shades crammed together into a small metal tube and lofted into the sky. Some of them have service animals, some of which are a hair more exotic than a vested dog. This has caused spirited debates. But on Thursday, the U.S. Department of Transportation issued its final guidance on the subject and added miniature horses to the list of service animals that can fly in any cabin.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/29332/...ervice-animals

This might be taking it a bit to far. I'm not sure how this is considered safe, either. In the event of heavy turbulence. Plus don't horses poop whenever and wherever they feel like it? Or does it have a bum bag?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote