Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-13-2019, 09:09 PM   #4721
New Era
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBridgeman View Post
you know that is fake right?
You know you claiming that is fake, is fake.

From a sources right up your alley.

https://libertarianhub.com/2019/10/1...appy-birthday/

https://www.inquisitr.com/5690505/fl...ssian-warship/

https://clarion.causeaction.com/2019...appy-birthday/

I love it when the "fake news" crowd gets caught crying about "fake news" that ain't fake news. The only fake news is their whining about the media.
New Era is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to New Era For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2019, 09:12 PM   #4722
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Mel, I give you credit for never being right about stuff and yet retaining that smugness. It's impressive.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:14 AM   #4723
Snuffleupagus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Shep Smith is leaving FOX. I would say huge loss, but FOX doesn't give two ####s about appearing respectable, and now they can put another Trump bootlicker in his place. Curious timing just days after Barr has dinner with Satan Murdoch.
Barr meets Epstein - Epstein dies
Barr meets Murdoch - truth dies at Fox news
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:27 AM   #4724
marsplasticeraser
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Well, when the Senate is controlled by Republicans, and the courts are stacked with conservatives, the Democrats have to make sure the evidence is overwhelming. This is why conservatives have focused on politicizing the courts and stacking them. They know they are in the minority and will do everything they can to maintain power.
This right here is why Trump isn’t facing any consequences. To suggest he’s a genius is silly. the republicans won’t do anything about Trump as long as he keeps appointing the judges. If he does that he can do whatever else he wants.
marsplasticeraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:15 AM   #4725
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you're not aware, Kevin Sorbo (90s Hercules) had a massive aneurysm some years back, and like most people unfortunate enough to have brain trauma, shifted hard right.

Apparently he's about to release Red Dawn, but instead of Russians, it's...ANTIFA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:26 AM   #4726
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsplasticeraser View Post
This right here is why Trump isn’t facing any consequences. To suggest he’s a genius is silly.
I don't know that anyone is actually suggesting he's a genius. People are suggesting - or at least I am - that constantly rubbing your hands together excitedly, going "ooooh, he's in trouble now!" is setting yourself up for disappointment. It wasn't game over the last ten times the "big story" broke, and it probably won't be this time. The only ways to get him out of office at this point are to a) assassinate him, or b) win an election.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 11:31 AM   #4727
OMG!WTF!
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
The only ways to get him out of office at this point are to a) assassinate him, or b) win an election.
And of course...Why not both?
OMG!WTF! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:38 AM   #4728
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

In which order?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:52 AM   #4729
marsplasticeraser
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I don't know that anyone is actually suggesting he's a genius. People are suggesting - or at least I am - that constantly rubbing your hands together excitedly, going "ooooh, he's in trouble now!" is setting yourself up for disappointment. It wasn't game over the last ten times the "big story" broke, and it probably won't be this time. The only ways to get him out of office at this point are to a) assassinate him, or b) win an election.
By no means is impeachment the most likely thing to happen to trump, but go back and read about Nixon.

Nixon had tremendous public and party support. Until he didn't.

Lots of people are suggesting Trumps a genius because he hasn't been impeached. But that was never the most likely outcome when the GOP controls the senate. He has to do something off the charts to be impeached.

Ultimately I don't think it's certain that he isn't impeached. GOP support seems more muted, largely because the ukraine case is much simpler to understand, with very clear evidence (provided by trump himself) of asking foreign help against his likely political important.

If impeachment happens, it will go very slow, then all of a sudden it will happen.
marsplasticeraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #4730
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump makes 'insane' suggestion Kurds are deliberately freeing Isis prisoners, after hundreds escape during Turkey bombing

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9155051.html

Just when you think he can't get any lower, he asks us to hold his beer.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #4731
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Trump makes 'insane' suggestion Kurds are deliberately freeing Isis prisoners, after hundreds escape during Turkey bombing

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9155051.html

Just when you think he can't get any lower, he asks us to hold his beer.
If I was the Kurds I would be releasing them and handing them a ticket to JFK, but I'm an arse like that
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 03:04 PM   #4732
Barnet Flame
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
In which order?

I want him to see himself lose first.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #4733
Barnet Flame
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
If I was the Kurds I would be releasing them and handing them a ticket to JFK, but I'm an arse like that

I’d send them in Business Class
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:26 PM   #4734
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hope this doesn't happen, but when an American soldier gets hurt or killed from his stupid Turkey action, the momentum for impeachment will increase drastically. I think a majority of the US military and veterans support him now but that will reverse - if it hasn't already.
bob-loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #4735
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-loblaw View Post
I hope this doesn't happen, but when an American soldier gets hurt or killed from his stupid Turkey action, the momentum for impeachment will increase drastically. I think a majority of the US military and veterans support him now but that will reverse - if it hasn't already.

No idea why military or veterans support him now. He is basically everything they are not and he flouts it.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:36 PM   #4736
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
^^^ Who did the Kurds turn to and broker a deal? The Russians. Who makes out as the good guys? The Russians. Who gains more power in the region? The Russians. Still don't believe President Pumpkinhead is a Russian asset?
You are assuming of course that Trump simply isn't so stupid that he let himself completely get played by Turkey & Russia.

My guess he is he never expected this to happen.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 06:39 PM   #4737
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Denmark and Somalia also both have elements of corruption. Might as well throw them into the same corruption conversation too.
Why not?

The corruption is simply on a bigger / smaller scale. Doesn't make it any less worse.

Strange how we've become so accepting to the fact that our leaders & governments have elements of corruption within their ranks. Look how quickly the SNC scandal went away. How fast the Russia scandal passed over.

Remember the Panama Papers? How many world leaders were implicated? Nobody even cares anymore.

The bar is set pretty low these days.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:49 PM   #4738
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsplasticeraser View Post
By no means is impeachment the most likely thing to happen to trump, but go back and read about Nixon.

Nixon had tremendous public and party support. Until he didn't.

Lots of people are suggesting Trumps a genius because he hasn't been impeached. But that was never the most likely outcome when the GOP controls the senate. He has to do something off the charts to be impeached.

Ultimately I don't think it's certain that he isn't impeached. GOP support seems more muted, largely because the ukraine case is much simpler to understand, with very clear evidence (provided by trump himself) of asking foreign help against his likely political important.

If impeachment happens, it will go very slow, then all of a sudden it will happen.
Nobody here has said he is a genius. Unless you are referring to someone from Fox News I'm not sure why you keep bringing that up.

The fact is that there are constantly reports of corruption, scandals, etc coming out and nothing has stuck. People are constantly saying 'oh this time we got him' but it is quite evident nothing is going to stick.

That means one of three things are is happening.

Certain members of Congress are in on it and are actively working to stop whatever investigative work being done to bring down his government.

There is no complete evidence to indict him or start the impeachment process.

Trump is staying one step ahead.

I happen to believe that he is corrupt as hell, and the evidence is out there, but I also think he is using his position to manipulate the evidence to stay one step ahead. It doesn't take a genius to use the power of the Executive Branch to control the Legislative Branch. Especially when you mostly control the Judicial Branch.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:17 PM   #4739
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You are kidding right? he made fun of a genuine war hero for getting captured and tortured while he was sitting it out with bone spurs yet they still support him
Old 10-14-2019, 10:43 PM   #4740
Snuffleupagus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I think a majority of the US military and veterans support him now but that will reverse - if it hasn't already.
They support a draft dodger?
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote