Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2019, 07:02 AM   #121
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would like to see more Sandra and Rob moments. They were funny last night.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:33 AM   #122
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do wonder about the end game. Maybe there will only be a final 2, and Rob and Sandra each get to mentor them. It's interesting they watch every trial, I wonder if they will be sharing secrets later. I can't imagine they are just there for the sake of it.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:25 PM   #123
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

That was a hell of a first vote for them, so glad to see people not scared to make moves vote 1.

I think she would have been a great player if she got some traction, laid on the charm a little to heavy to fast, should have won over her fellow girls before she went off charming the guys.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:18 AM   #124
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rhettzky and ernie take their first hit with Vince taking the "blindside"?, idol in pocket, or waterbottle.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:26 AM   #125
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The ladies are going to run that tribe going forward. Will be interesting at the merge.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #126
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Rhettzky and ernie take their first hit with Vince taking the "blindside"?, idol in pocket, or waterbottle.
What a moron...an idol only good for two tribals, use it
Old 10-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #127
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The ladies are going to run that tribe going forward. Will be interesting at the merge.
I have heard that before...always falls apart. The one girl is already worried about the popular girls leaving her out drama ect.

Last edited by dino7c; 10-10-2019 at 03:46 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #128
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I thought that that was a better episode from the previous ones. It's easy to always say that Vince should've played the idol, but it was obvious that he felt close enough with the ladies to feel secure. Live and learn. I'm waiting to see the implosion of the other tribe as I feel as though they are still simmering from the previous episode
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:40 PM   #129
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I would’ve liked to see what Vince told the tribe after he got back from “Idol Island”.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #130
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a neat episode.

I'm kinda with Karishna on this one. She stabs herself to the bone, and no one seems to GAF? That's a little...cold.

I really liked that Idols challenge. Clever, sneaking into the other camp. I'm a little surprised that they don't have someone on fire-watch, though. I guess that they feel it's easy enough to just start up in the morning.

I thought that was a nifty Immunity Challenge, too. Though I'm a bit surprised by how hard that one team found the puzzle. It didn't look that complicated, with easy color gradients

Not too surprised to see Vince go. 5 girls, if they can maintain any sort of stick-togetherness until the merge, would do pretty well. But it seems like Karishna's a good weak link to pick at, in that alliance.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:56 PM   #131
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
I thought that that was a better episode from the previous ones. It's easy to always say that Vince should've played the idol, but it was obvious that he felt close enough with the ladies to feel secure. Live and learn. I'm waiting to see the implosion of the other tribe as I feel as though they are still simmering from the previous episode
I think the fact it is only good at the next two tribals is a massive factor though, gotta use it there IMO
Old 10-14-2019, 05:20 PM   #132
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Not too surprised to see Vince go. 5 girls, if they can maintain any sort of stick-togetherness until the merge, would do pretty well. But it seems like Karishna's a good weak link to pick at, in that alliance.
Either we didn't get to see everything or the women alliance is especially dumb. If Vince uses his idol, which really he should have, then Karishma's gone and it's now 4 guys to 4 girls, and the guy who may have been on your side is the guy who you just tried to vote out.

Even with the plan working out as intended, why would they think Karishma is going to stick with them knowing that she was the sacrificial lamb if Vince did have the idol? Whatever happened behind the scenes, Karishma was right to think she's on the outs and should look at jumping ships, I hope she doesn't just go right back with them because they 'apologize' or whatever.

They've already betrayed Aaron leaving him off the first vote and now Karishma should feel equally betrayed. I'm sure Tom and Dean aren't just going to happily go along with an all-women's alliance calling the shots either.

At least purple has 7 people working together against 2 other people. One seems naive enough to get back into the good grace's of the rest of the tribe. As long as they can keep Noura and that lawyer from feeling especially on the outs, they have a lot better chance of sticking together in my opinion.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #133
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
That was a neat episode.

I'm kinda with Karishna on this one. She stabs herself to the bone, and no one seems to GAF? That's a little...cold.
In my opinion that appeared to be alot of scene editing to create that narrative. After cutting her hand it looked like she never really vocalized anything to the people around her, and then she just sort of wandered off away from the tribe before going ass up in a weird prayer position mumbling stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if initially the tribe just didn't hear her, and subsequently didn't know what was going on to show some empathy.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:16 AM   #134
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
I would’ve liked to see what Vince told the tribe after he got back from “Idol Island”.
From https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...he-idols.html/

Quote:
The show did not air Vince’s return to camp, but he discussed it in an interview with Rob Cesternino. After spending 24 hours away from everyone, Vince returned and said Elizabeth greeted him immediately and tried to talk, but he wanted to wait.

Vince explained he told everyone he had a challenge where he had to memorize five sets of tiles with different animals on them, and then find them after they were scattered across the Island.

Because he couldn’t complete the mission, he said he had to sleep outside all night with no shelter.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 07:42 AM   #135
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

droopydrew and woob get first hits when Chelsea is blindsided.

I dont really get what the women of Lairo are up to, seem very scattered. Noura remains irritating and should have gone.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:52 AM   #136
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

She really really bombed her "convince everyone to make you caller" challenge. I love that they totally sidelined her. It was like watching Boris Johnson try to govern.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 08:08 AM   #137
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
She really really bombed her "convince everyone to make you caller" challenge. I love that they totally sidelined her. It was like watching Boris Johnson try to govern.
I mean I don't think Noura is long for the game but that was just an insane way of trying to convince your tribe.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 08:27 AM   #138
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I mean I don't think Noura is long for the game but that was just an insane way of trying to convince your tribe.
So far I think this season stinks, but for me now these are the highlights of the show.

Talk about a life lesson: Noura, you are not nearly as persuasive as you think you are. Apply what you've learned in this game show to the rest of your life.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 09:24 AM   #139
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearFart View Post
In my opinion that appeared to be alot of scene editing to create that narrative. After cutting her hand it looked like she never really vocalized anything to the people around her, and then she just sort of wandered off away from the tribe before going ass up in a weird prayer position mumbling stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if initially the tribe just didn't hear her, and subsequently didn't know what was going on to show some empathy.
There’s no way the cut was that bad. The bandaid she had on this episode was the size you would put on if you had a ripped cuticle.

As someone who has seen many places inside their own hand from stupid accidents you generally need more then a simple bandaid 3 days after. She’s a sad sack that was looking for attention.

A good episode tonight. I am loving the commentary from Rob and Sandra.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 12:50 AM   #140
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Caught the episode. It was interesting.

Noura was a total fail at persuading. What a shock. She didn't even start with a very good lie. "I need to pick my part, the only real part there is..."

I don't understand Karashima. If you are on the bottom, you don't sit there and whine about it, you fight for your life, don't wait for someone to come along and pull your fat out of the fire. Eesh. I picked a pair of stinkers this season.

I like Missy's game, but I have feeling she's gonna go too hard and get herself voted out.