Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-26-2018, 10:00 AM   #3301
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If there are 10 games 5 teams fans complain about the refs. We all do it. Lol calgary fans do it a lot! Lol
But considering how pampered and favoured McDavid is, it's ridiculous for Oiler fans to complain.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #3302
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If there are 10 games 5 teams fans complain about the refs. We all do it. Lol calgary fans do it a lot! Lol
If you have the time go read the last 4-5 Oilers pgt. They truly think the officials are out to get them. Every loss is due to poor officiating.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #3303
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
If you have the time go read the last 4-5 Oilers pgt. They truly think the officials are out to get them. Every loss is due to poor officiating.
McDavid has the puck and is pushed down = "a horrible non-call".

McDavid cuts off Toffoli away from the puck and stiff arms him because he's gassed and Toffoli would have a break = "how can they call that".

They actually claim Johnny gets more calls than McDavid because Johnny complains. Gaudreau is slashed almost every shift.

Not sure how they square that with the actual stats, but whatev.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #3304
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

McDavid draws the most penalties in the league...they can claim whatever they want but it's not true
Old 11-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #3305
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
McDavid drawsis gifted the most penalties in the league
fixed

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #3306
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
McDavid draws the most penalties in the league...they can claim whatever they want but it's not true
I'm pretty sure Tkatchuk actually draws the most.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:41 AM   #3307
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah it's not like there's another level of benefit he can get seeing officials are calling more penalties on infraction against McDavid than any other player. It's crazy that those fans still think that McDavid isn't getting the benefit of the doubt from officials.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:42 AM   #3308
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Not this season.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #3309
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
They said on Friday's broadcast that McDavid and Tkachuk are 1-2.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:10 AM   #3310
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?repo...penaltiesDrawn

Barkov's number 1 this year so far. Last year it was Tkachuk first, Barzal next.

Since the 2016-2017 season, Tkachuk is first with 100, McDavid second with 98, Gaudreau third with 84:
http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggr...penaltiesDrawn
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #3311
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Flames and Oilers schedules are pretty similar. The biggest difference is the back-to-backs. The Oilers have had the advantage to date. Oh, and the Oilers do naturally have a tougher schedule than every other team in the NHL - they don't get to play the Edmonton Oilers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
i can't wait for men's league tonight... i'm soooooooooooo using that line! i'm not sure how my hockey team ended up with so many stinkin' oiler fans on it... i need to work on better screening techniques!

also - i can't thank you guys enough for the number of times i've used the "e=ng cp braintrust" to roast the oiler fans on my men's team!

ok - so friday night i used that line in the change room which all non-oil fans LOVED! i then followed is up with something like "it's like when you google 'french military victories' and you don't really get any results becuz their only victory was the french revolution... and in that one they beat themselves... so it doesn't really count!" (yes... i know historically the french do have military victories, but we're making fun the oilers, so a little misinformation is fine - ha! ha!)

the guys were still laughing about that stuff out in the parking lot after the game - it was great!!

e=ng!
Old 11-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #3312
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?repo...penaltiesDrawn

Barkov's number 1 this year so far. Last year it was Tkachuk first, Barzal next.

Since the 2016-2017 season, Tkachuk is first with 100, McDavid second with 98, Gaudreau third with 84:
http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggr...penaltiesDrawn
McDoesn'tsuck is still top-ten on that list, but to hear Oilers fans and media talk, that is not nearly enough. The general consensus in Sweatpantopia is that McDotard is such an unstoppable force that the officials could call an infraction on an opposing player literally every single shift. For Oilers fans, the expectation is that every time McDavid is on the ice, the Oilers should benefit from a powerplay.

The sad part in all of this nonsense is that they actually believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Old 11-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #3313
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hfoilers is absolutely delicious right now- some are seriously talking about trading McDavid for his own sake and many are accepting the moniker of nhl browns...

I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #3314
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Hfoilers is absolutely delicious right now- some are seriously talking about trading McDavid for his own sake and many are accepting the moniker of nhl browns...

I’ll feel sorry for them when the franchise folds or moves.

Until then... nothing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boreal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #3315
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Did anyone catch what Brian Burke said on TV over the weekend? Maybe the story he told was already common knowledge and I just missed it, but it made my jaw drop.

He got asked what was the weirdest prospect interview he ever conducted and said it was when he interviewed Yakupov for the Leafs. The Leafs were drafting 5th, and apparently Yakupov was absolutely livid that a team drafting that low wanted to talk to him. He spent the entire interview sulking and giving really brusque answers. I swear Burke even said that it was so hostile that it almost got physical.

You’d think that word of a character issue with a player that severe might get passed around to the different teams, but Burke hates Lowe so much maybe he just forgot to tell him, or maybe Lowe is no good and thought he was smarter than everyone else.

Edit: Found the video. Burke tells it better.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...nterview-ever/

Last edited by Aegypticus; 11-26-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #3316
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post

To be honest trading McDavid and the windfall they could get would probably save that franchise in the long-run.

Actually who am I kidding, Chiarelli would trade him for Alzner and a 1st round pick and call it bold move.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #3317
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really you have to wonder how long before we start hearing whispers that he wants to be traded if they keep spinning their wheels in misery. That organization as a whole is so talent barren it looks like it could take years before they build decent depth.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:29 PM   #3318
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazing how easy it was to predict this tire fire. Pretty much everyone in this thread knew how screwed the Oilers were since last year and still their fans, up until recently, had this arrogant optimism about them. I’d feel bad but then I remember how obnoxious that fan base was after 16-17 and then I just smile thinking of that Lucic contract. God bless Chia
Old 11-26-2018, 12:48 PM   #3319
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Amazing how easy it was to predict this tire fire. Pretty much everyone in this thread knew how screwed the Oilers were since last year and still their fans, up until recently, had this arrogant optimism about them. I’d feel bad but then I remember how obnoxious that fan base was after 16-17 and then I just smile thinking of that Lucic contract. God bless Chia
I used to scratch my head at their logic that the 2016/17 season was the norm and last year was an outlier. In 16/17 they literally had the softest schedule, no injuries, and caught a lot of teams off guard because they sucked for the previous decade.

In the summer they trade out Eberle for the worse Strome and get the weight of Cup favorites on their shoulders. Last year they revert to the same Oiler team we all know and love which is a mediocre to down right brutal team. Some fans held hope that the one year in 12 was the real team but many of us knew that year was the outlier and they are who we thought they were
Old 11-26-2018, 12:53 PM   #3320
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegypticus View Post
Edit: Found the video. Burke tells it better.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...nterview-ever/
If you watch the smugness on Lowe and Katz being interviewed during that draft you’ll get the answer why they drafted him. Their the smartest guys in the room. The way they would speak during that Oil Change show gave off their conclusion they were building a dynasty.

I am enjoying all of this losing. Their entitled fans and team managers couldn’t be more deserving.
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread