Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 10:24 AM   #2601
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

The same panel is also pencilled in for the supporters meetup the night before at the Rose and Crown. Who wants to heckle Larson and Wheeler with me?

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 11:41 AM   #2602
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Being the final, I'm sure that OneSoccer and the league will throw everything at it for both legs. As they should.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:12 PM   #2603
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

I believe that today is the first time the Cavs, Stamps, and Flames are all playing on the same day. A Calgary sweep would be lovely!
Old 10-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #2604
AndyM
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Being the final, I'm sure that OneSoccer and the league will throw everything at it for both legs. As they should.

You would hope. They already seem miserable about having to come to Calgary and have treated the broadcasting staff here like crap.

For those of you wondering about card accumulation:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1180542117896163328
Old 10-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #2605
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
You would hope. They already seem miserable about having to come to Calgary and have treated the broadcasting staff here like crap.

For those of you wondering about card accumulation:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1180542117896163328
Isn't the first leg in 3 weeks? So cards this weekend, and in the game Wed, should be fine as they'd be clear before Oct 26.

Yes this could be an issue. Some useless yellow by some trigger happy refs in the games they have left, and someone crucial sits for the opening leg. Or the second leg.

Made potentially more interesting by the fact that two of the games left in the reg season are against Forge. That's a far bigger issue for concern then the score in those games, and the official winner of the second half, with the legs now set.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:53 PM   #2606
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

This Camargo, Adekugbe, Lotori midfield is butter soft. They’ve barely been able to string any passes together
The Following User Says Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #2607
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great goal from Waterman. Also loved the guy on the broadcast who screamed "Waterman you're such a beauty!" right after play restarted loud enough to be heard.

Good game from the Cavs and now hopefully Hamilton loses tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 11:01 PM   #2608
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotta love getting two shut outs for Calgary in the same day.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #2609
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

A heavily rotated squad puts up a 2-0 win over the last place side? I'll take it. On to Forge on Wednesday. Hope people show up for that game, it'll be a big statement before the finals.

Old 10-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #2610
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Forge squeaks out a win setting up the game Wed for firm control of the top stop in the table.

And, to little surprise, for when accumulated cards are starting to become a real factor for the Finals, for only the 3rd time in 25 league games, the refs don't card any Forge players today....
Old 10-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #2611
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Any idea when the 2020 schedule will be announced? I'm assuming not until after season ticket renewal.

Last edited by mac_82; 10-06-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:42 PM   #2612
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Basic highlights from yesterday:

Cheek from Waterman, though the backup keeper played that all wrong.

Also, I wonder if for the Finals they’ll have video boards at Spruce to show replays?
Old 10-07-2019, 08:22 AM   #2613
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

For anyone on the fence about Wednesday's game, looks like the code TAKETHEHILL will give you $10 tickets. Show up, grab a Bailey's and coffee and yell at those losers from Hamilton.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:00 AM   #2614
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_82 View Post
Any idea when the 2020 schedule will be announced? I'm assuming not until after season ticket renewal.
There are still rumours circulating of an eighth team for 2020 so I would think any schedule announcement is a ways away. I'd guess around February/March based on this season and previous MLS seasons.

I think the season ticket renewals for Forge say there will be 7 home games in each of the Spring/Fall seasons but that's about all the information right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2019, 09:16 AM   #2615
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
For anyone on the fence about Wednesday's game, looks like the code TAKETHEHILL will give you $10 tickets. Show up, grab a Bailey's and coffee and yell at those losers from Hamilton.
Nice find.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #2616
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Basic highlights from yesterday:

Cheek from Waterman, though the backup keeper played that all wrong.

Also, I wonder if for the Finals they’ll have video boards at Spruce to show replays?
That was a filthy goal from Waterman, wow. I think the keeper was actually in pretty good position...just a perfect little touch shot.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #2617
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal14 View Post
There are still rumours circulating of an eighth team for 2020 so I would think any schedule announcement is a ways away. I'd guess around February/March based on this season and previous MLS seasons.

I think the season ticket renewals for Forge say there will be 7 home games in each of the Spring/Fall seasons but that's about all the information right now.
You're probably right about February/March for the schedule. I would be shocked if it were any sooner.

Interesting that Forge are saying 7 in each of the two seasons. Purely speculation, but that would suggest a symmetrical split between the seasons. Or they could just be generalizing at this point.

I'm still not sold on the whole split season thing, but if you're going to do it, at least make it a balanced schedule. I know that they wanted to tie in the whole Canada Day thing with the finale of the spring season, the lopsidedness of the two "halves" has always bothered me.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #2618
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would much rather have a split season where the winners of each season play each other, than a 4 team playoff that rewards mediocrity.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #2619
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think that a 'hidden' benefit to the split season is that it allows for teams to focus on development. Since Cavalry FC secured a spot in the final they have been able to rotate in lots of their younger talent giving them the opportunity to log big minutes at critical points in a game. If it were still a two team scramble for the top spot, I don't think that Hamilton see's as much playing time as he has this summer/fall.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2019, 01:12 PM   #2620
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
I would much rather have a split season where the winners of each season play each other, than a 4 team playoff that rewards mediocrity.
Totally agree. I am certainly not keen on a playoff bracket sort of thing. For me it should be evenly split seasons, or a single season.
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge