Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2019, 04:10 PM   #41
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
Thanks to you and Corsi for the advice. I've been thinking that going wider than 96 might be too much for my ability, but I will rent/demo a couple of pairs of wider boards my next few times out, and make a decision from there.

I have at least figured out that the 75s are good for hard pack/ice, so I'll keep them around for those kind of days in the spring.
If your looking to rent in town at Sports Rent we would have a couple options that could suit you. From the skis we rent I would recommend trying out the Head Kore 93's, Nordica Enforcer 100's or Rossi Soul 7's. Of course if you rent through us you can't swap throughout the day to try multiple skis in one day but it's $46 for the day if you have your own boots and the skis will be tuned properly.
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:20 PM   #42
Voodooman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuryisgod View Post
If your looking to rent in town at Sports Rent we would have a couple options that could suit you. From the skis we rent I would recommend trying out the Head Kore 93's, Nordica Enforcer 100's or Rossi Soul 7's. Of course if you rent through us you can't swap throughout the day to try multiple skis in one day but it's $46 for the day if you have your own boots and the skis will be tuned properly.
Thanks man, I was already looking at your site and thinking about the Volkl Mantra M5s for a couple of midweek days in January. I do have a solid set of boots, so I just need to grab the boards. I’ll drop by in the new year.
Voodooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:32 PM   #43
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
Thanks man, I was already looking at your site and thinking about the Volkl Mantra M5s for a couple of midweek days in January. I do have a solid set of boots, so I just need to grab the boards. I’ll drop by in the new year.
Only reason why I suggested the other skis over the Mantra is if your worried taking out too much ski the Mantra's would be closer to an expert level ski. A little heavier and stiffer compared to the other ones. Fantastic ski that's become one of our most popular last year after they redesigned it but definitely can be a little more ski to handle.
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:43 PM   #44
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Skied Marmot this past weekend on Saturday. So much powder, more than I've ever skied on before, though I don't ski much. I was able to get down the blacks which is better than usual for me.

I'm taking a bit of a detour after going to the WJCs and I want to hit a couple hills in Austria/Switzerland around the beginning of January. Anyone have any recommendations?
Old 12-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #45
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Booked a long weekend in kicking horse in March. Hoping for powder.

Been such a powder snob the last few years. 10+ to go to a resort or else I’ll just skin it.

Wife has been bugging me though as she won’t go with me unless it’s resort and she wants to go so I think I’ll have more resort days this year.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:15 PM   #46
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Felix Ski Service open this year? Still had the summer voicemail when I called last week and a closed for summer sign when I drove by today...
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 04:59 PM   #47
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Amazing season at Louise so far. Let's hope for more good stuff!

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:13 PM   #48
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
Amazing season at Louise so far. Let's hope for more good stuff!
Yeah, I came up yesterday just because I hadn't been up for a couple weeks, what with the cold. Yesterday was a bit rough; 20 below and cloudy, very poor light but decent snow in the trees. Had to go in and warm up every couple of laps. Checked the forecast and it looked like today would be more of the same.

Nope. Sunny, about -16, and nobody here. Top 5 day at Louise ever. Snow quality isn't the best ever, only boot deep, but I'm sitting in sawyers nook after 8 laps by noon and 7 of them were untracked in the sun... quantity has a quality all its own.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 01:00 PM   #49
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went to Mt Norquay for the first time today with my kid and his friends. It is a decent little hill but holy crap that Lodge is a zoo. People's #### is all over the place and no one bothers to throw anything in the garbage so the tables are filthy.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:26 PM   #50
GC91
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I have 2 Sunshine cards with discounted prices that I would be willing to trade for a day at another mountain close by. I don't have a lot of experience skiing in Alberta besides Sunshine and Nakiska and would just be interested in trying somewhere new.
GC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:10 AM   #51
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

What will happen to our Sunshine and Louise cards? Can we use them in December? Will they carry them over into 2021? Should they do anything?

I was on a path for 4 more free days.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:54 AM   #52
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
What will happen to our Sunshine and Louise cards? Can we use them in December? Will they carry them over into 2021? Should they do anything?

Probably nothing for the card holders as they will likely say you should have went earlier more and the cost was only one day which you would have gotten anyway.

I imagine there may be refunds of some sort for season pass holders.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #53
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post

Good question. I was due for another free day on mine the next time I went.

I think it's okay if we get nothing from them. This was out of their hands. I'm alright with writing it off, but it's not like you'd be out of line to want compensation.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:02 AM   #54
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a "snow check" ticket form Lake Louise. I assume it's worthless now...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:04 AM   #55
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I have a "snow check" ticket form Lake Louise. I assume it's worthless now...
They are usually good for a calendar year no?
Old 03-30-2020, 11:32 AM   #56
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
No, I think they say they expire Oct 30th, so you can use it over the summer but not the next season. Unless they changed that.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #57
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Skiing 2019-2020

I have Sunshine Spring Passes that I wasn’t planning on collecting until my first day of skiing, next Monday.

I presume that I’ll be able to use the cost against passes next season?
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:25 PM   #58
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Dug it out, it says good for one year from date of issue, and can be used direct to lift IF used in this ski season. So I assume I'll have to go to customer service next season.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:34 PM   #59
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Louise issued full refund of our unused Spring family pass less a $25 admin fee
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:42 PM   #60
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Dug it out, it says good for one year from date of issue, and can be used direct to lift IF used in this ski season. So I assume I'll have to go to customer service next season.
Was going to say, I know RCR is the full calendar year, but I know louise moved on from RCR recently.