Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Appliance repair in Calgary?

Does anyone have a recommendation for an appliance repair company in Calgary? Our oven seems to have died (the stove top elements work fine, but the oven no longer produces heat -- not sure if it's a problem with the oven itself or a fault with the digital control unit), and I'm pretty sure it's out of warranty.

Thanks in advance!
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just used this guy last week to come out and fix a washing machine. On time, fair - didn't charge me full pop either.

http://www.amappliances.ca/calgary-a...-services.html
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruttiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2016, 04:25 PM   #3
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Bumping old thread. My dryer has decided to stop working on me, anyone have any recommendations for companies to come look at it for me?
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:26 PM   #4
FLAME ENVY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

https://homestars.com/companies/2799..._review=326919

Tiernan is fantastic, total straight shooter. Our family has used him several times.
FLAME ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FLAME ENVY For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #5
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I had Tiernan head out to my house to check on my dryer...I would recommend his service, well his honesty anyways. Advised me of my issue and recommended not fixing due to the cost. Told me I would be better off looking for a new dryer rather then just dumping money into my current one. Didn't charge me anything for the estimate, next time I have an issue with appliances I would contact him for sure.
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:58 PM   #6
FLAME ENVY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuryisgod View Post
I had Tiernan head out to my house to check on my dryer...I would recommend his service, well his honesty anyways. Advised me of my issue and recommended not fixing due to the cost. Told me I would be better off looking for a new dryer rather then just dumping money into my current one. Didn't charge me anything for the estimate, next time I have an issue with appliances I would contact him for sure.

Great to hear. We had the same experience with Tiernan as did my parent's, he will not give you the runaround and is very, very honest. The convection feature on our oven died and he too recommended not repairing due to cost after he confirmed cost of the part. His homestar ratings and customer dialogue really speak to this.
FLAME ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #7
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

With modern appliances getting more complicated with control boards and whatnot, you have to be careful when finding a guy.

A few years ago I called a company because my washing machine kept showing a fault code. Guy worked on it off an on for two weeks before the owner of the company called me and gave me my money back, and said call someone else.

We have bought all of our appliances from Sears and I just call there now. We seem to get things fixed.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:18 AM   #8
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bumping this thread. We need some service on our 13 year old Miele dishwasher which has started dripping water out of its exhaust vent. Called Trail, which is where it was purchased, but they do not service Miele. Can anyone recommend a repair company that handles these things?
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:42 AM   #9
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Bumping this thread. We need some service on our 13 year old Miele dishwasher which has started dripping water out of its exhaust vent. Called Trail, which is where it was purchased, but they do not service Miele. Can anyone recommend a repair company that handles these things?

In addition to the dripping water are there any other issues? for example poor or incomplete drainage? dirty dishes?

What I found with our previous dishwasher was that every couple of years it needed a mega internal cleanout. Taking drain hose off & cleaning, all filters, even degreasing under the float cap. removing the internals (ie spouts and windmills and lines to them) and totally cleaning them out (it was DISGUSTING!). I managed to bring our dishwasher back to life 3x... alas this last time the control board on the ~15yr thing was kaput.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #10
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
In addition to the dripping water are there any other issues? for example poor or incomplete drainage? dirty dishes?

What I found with our previous dishwasher was that every couple of years it needed a mega internal cleanout. Taking drain hose off & cleaning, all filters, even degreasing under the float cap. removing the internals (ie spouts and windmills and lines to them) and totally cleaning them out (it was DISGUSTING!). I managed to bring our dishwasher back to life 3x... alas this last time the control board on the ~15yr thing was kaput.
There are no other issues, everything works great and has from day 1. From what I've read on the tubes, it is likely the return drain hose built into the door (that returns condensation) that is clogged, or perhaps the fan is kaput. This thing has all sorts of electronics built in to the door, so I'd rather have someone more competent than me take it apart.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironhorse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 12:31 PM   #11
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I just got a Miele direct from Miele and they recommended calling them directly. Which is like the car dealership, but they will get the right person on the job.

Probably not cheapest option but maybe best
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post: