Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2022, 07:29 PM   #3801
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
This is where we are now. How pathetic the GOP is. Just take a picture of Biden walking out of the room and add this caption to it.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1496206645919105031

US republicans have essentially became below average trolls these days. The Ohio republican Senate battle is essentially people just trying to prove who can be the most deplorable. Some 4 Chan poster could come in there and run the show if they had any in person charisma.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:05 PM   #3802
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemoss View Post
us republicans have essentially became below average trolls these days.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1495097678115573763
Old 02-22-2022, 08:17 PM   #3803
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
What the ####???
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:21 PM   #3804
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

He recently posted this gem as well.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1495897425873186818
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:35 PM   #3805
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol, good grief. What a f'n moron.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2022, 11:38 AM   #3806
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Yikes. Texas appears to be declaring transgender surgeries for kids as 'child abuse'.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1496511215719399431
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:42 AM   #3807
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1496541733517238279
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 12:29 PM   #3808
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump sides with Putin as Biden tries to stop a war

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/23/polit...den/index.html

Quote:
"I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius.' Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine, of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful," Trump said in an interview on "The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show."

The ex-President added: "So Putin is now saying, 'It's independent,' a large section of Ukraine. I said, 'How smart is that?' And he's going to go in and be a peacekeeper. That's the strongest peace force," Trump said. "We could use that on our southern border. That's the strongest peace force I've ever seen. ... Here's a guy who's very savvy. ... I know him very well. Very, very well."

Trump was referring to Putin's declaration on Monday that he would regard two rebel regions of eastern Ukraine, where he has been fostering separatism, as independent and his order for Russian troops, which Putin misleadingly called "peacekeeping" forces, to reinforce the enclaves. The move was a flagrant violation of international law, was resonant of the tyrannical territorial aggrandizement of the 1930s that led to World War II and was, as Biden said on Tuesday, tantamount to "the beginning of a Russian invasion."
Trump is a ####ing madman, and that was before these comments. How any American can support his undemocratic / fully authoritarian ass is still beyond me.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 12:37 PM   #3809
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ in the same breath during that interview, he basically says 'this would never have happened if I were in power'. I don't know how he can justify those two statements at once.. what a disgrace
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 12:43 PM   #3810
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Yikes. Texas appears to be declaring transgender surgeries for kids as 'child abuse'.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1496511215719399431
Wow, that is shocking, even for Texas. History is not going to look kindly on this authorization. Maybe I'm naive and optimistic, but I think society will accept transgender people and issues the way we now generally accept and understand homosexuality. There will always be the #######s and the religious extremists, but as a general matter, society accepts and understands homosexuality in the sense that gay people can live openly, marry and not have to live in hiding the way they did a couple generations ago. We can have gay characters in shows and movies who aren't just "the gay guy," but are fully developed characters who happen to be gay.

It's going to take time, but I see it in my kids' schools, where trans kids can come out and are generally accepted. I have no doubt they get teased or bullied by some kids, but kids learned about transgendered issues and just accepted. It's going to take older generations some time, but as the olds lose power in the cultural zeitgeist and die off, we'll get there. Then again, a lot of older people come to realize they don't have to understand and can let people be happy expressing their true selves and not care. Seriously, why the #### do people care?

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 12:54 PM   #3811
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Trump sides with Putin as Biden tries to stop a war

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/23/polit...den/index.html

Trump is a ####ing madman, and that was before these comments. How any American can support his undemocratic / fully authoritarian ass is still beyond me.

Did anyone doubt that Trump wouldn't back Putin here?

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 01:01 PM   #3812
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1496563783271075845
Old 02-23-2022, 01:03 PM   #3813
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The convoy boomerang comes home to roost.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 01:14 PM   #3814
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Please, let them go. The cost of gasoline right now will make these mouth breathing idiots regret their decision half-way to Washington, and then have to pay for the return trip. Trump supporters really are just shy of suffering from a neurological or cognitive problem.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:26 PM   #3815
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Wow, that is shocking, even for Texas. History is not going to look kindly on this authorization. Maybe I'm naive and optimistic, but I think society will accept transgender people and issues the way we now generally accept and understand homosexuality. There will always be the #######s and the religious extremists, but as a general matter, society accepts and understands homosexuality in the sense that gay people can live openly, marry and not have to live in hiding the way they did a couple generations ago. We can have gay characters in shows and movies who aren't just "the gay guy," but are fully developed characters who happen to be gay.

It's going to take time, but I see it in my kids' schools, where trans kids can come out and are generally accepted. I have no doubt they get teased or bullied by some kids, but kids learned about transgendered issues and just accepted. It's going to take older generations some time, but as the olds lose power in the cultural zeitgeist and die off, we'll get there. Then again, a lot of older people come to realize they don't have to understand and can let people be happy expressing their true selves and not care. Seriously, why the #### do people care?
took me about 2 seconds to realise if you make parents allowing 'unnecessary' surgery a form of child abuse you have just outlawed circumcision, wonder if they've thought about that?
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2022, 02:32 PM   #3816
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
took me about 2 seconds to realise if you make parents allowing 'unnecessary' surgery a form of child abuse you have just outlawed circumcision, wonder if they've thought about that?
Something something "god's plan".
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:37 PM   #3817
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Oh Christ, we're linking zerohedge articles now?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:39 PM   #3818
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Oh Christ, we're linking zerohedge articles now?
Oh Christ are you saying it’s not happening and news?
Old 02-23-2022, 03:05 PM   #3819
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Man this place is actually the worst. Allowing children to get reasignment surgery is absolutely abuse and the parents should be jailed.

This place has turned into a far leftist echo chamber and it just keeps getting worse.
Kipper_3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:10 PM   #3820
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
"Religious exemption" is a pretty standard catch-all for the things they still want to allow.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote