Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2018, 11:52 PM   #81
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If GG is back I have a feeling the Flames will see a drastic reduction in ticket sales and may really take on some revenue sharing. I know I wont be purchasing centre ice next year if he is back, or planning my usual couple trips to see them play.
Somebody at the seasons ticket holder meetings needs to stand up and say what we all are thinking before next season. GG cant be back its not fun to watch win or lose. Please moving Marc Savard and keeping Greg Gilbert is not the answer err I mean Glen. Coach and player moves need to happen.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:55 PM   #82
JD
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Treliving has two choices. To put his job on the line and protect GG, or he can fire him and get a coach with a substantial amount of experience in to right the ship.
I think Treliving's job is on the line either way. No matter he chooses as his coach next year, Gulutzan or otherwise, if the Flames have another disappointing season like this one, the GM is probably on his way out.

Which is why it would be madness for him to go into next year with status quo.

Back to the game, Jets fans once again exhibit that they might be one of the most annoying fanbases in sports. "We want the Cup!!!!" during a 2-1 meaningless game at the end of a season where they didn't even win their division. "Ref you suck!!!" after a clear non-goal gets called off by the referee. The ooos and ahhhhs every time Laine even taps the puck towards Gillies. I hope the Wild wipe the floor with them.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:00 AM   #83
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I think Treliving's job is on the line either way. No matter he chooses as his coach next year, Gulutzan or otherwise, if the Flames have another disappointing season like this one, the GM is probably on his way out.

Which is why it would be madness for him to go into next year with status quo.

Back to the game, Jets fans once again exhibit that they might be one of the most annoying fanbases in sports. "We want the Cup!!!!" during a 2-1 meaningless game at the end of a season where they didn't even win their division. "Ref you suck!!!" after a clear non-goal gets called off by the referee. The ooos and ahhhhs every time Laine even taps the puck towards Gillies. I hope the Wild wipe the floor with them.
God forbid the fans are involved and energized. It's no different in any other building when emotions are high and the fans are engaged.

Anyways. Neat to see Foo during intermission, seems like a good kid. I loved Shore's interview pre game too. He was asked about the game Saturday and said he wasn't thinking about it and wanted to take care of business tonight. Good attitude to have this late in the year.

Last edited by White Out 403; 04-06-2018 at 12:15 AM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 12:38 AM   #84
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

So many back passes. So many cross crease d zone passes. The Jets players had siestas before sauntering into position.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:17 AM   #85
JD
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
God forbid the fans are involved and energized. It's no different in any other building when emotions are high and the fans are engaged.
There's a difference between being "involved and energized" and being annoying. Vegas fans are involved and energized, and I'll agree, so are Jets fans, with the subtle difference of also being annoying.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:28 AM   #86
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
There's a difference between being "involved and energized" and being annoying. Vegas fans are involved and energized, and I'll agree, so are Jets fans, with the subtle difference of also being annoying.
Cool. It's your forum so I won't keep pressing it other than you're wrong. Good game tonight.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 02:14 AM   #87
JD
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Cool. It's your forum so I won't keep pressing it other than you're wrong. Good game tonight.
Haha, I wouldn't expect or even want you to agree. Have fun in the playoffs.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:40 AM   #88
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovaz View Post
It's blatantly clear you stopped reading, because your post doesn't address Frank MetaMusil's argument at all.

Gulutzan preaches a "puck possession" style. He frequently brings up advanced stats like Corsi in his post game press conferences, so clearly the team looks at those internally. He believes that having strong Corsi% is a part of being successful. We're top-3 in the NHL in Corsi%, and have been #1 at times. To me, that's pretty strong evidence that the team has bought in to what Gulutzan is preaching. It just doesn't work, no matter how well you do it.
It was somewhat tongue in cheek, but it's the position I choose to take. The players have bought in completely. This isn't a mutiny or their fancy stats would also be bad.

These are the results of executing Gulutzan hockey with these players. The LH RH garbage just makes it that much worse. Monahan and Brodie are out, but if you didn't watch the games and looked only at Corsi or whatever, it would be hard to even tell. Plug and play garbage.

Last edited by Frank MetaMusil; 04-06-2018 at 04:42 AM.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 04:51 AM   #89
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
MY personal Prediction? Gully keeps his job but is bubblewrapped in veteran assistants who will take his job at some point in the season. i.e not hand picked by Gully.
Seems really unlikely, considering the Flames don't do mid-season coaching changes.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 04:58 AM   #90
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
Tuned into the Fan for a few minutes....”and the Flames are down 1-0, in spite of handily outshooting the opposition”.

Tuned back out with a sensible chuckle.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 06:57 AM   #91
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Seems really unlikely, considering the Flames don't do mid-season coaching changes.
Wikipedia:

“On December 28, 2002, four weeks after he was fired by San Jose, Sutter was named head coach of the Calgary Flames, replacing Greg Gilbert, who had been fired by Calgary on December 3.”
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #92
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jokes on you guys who continue to keep watching this trash. Loyalty, fandom, dedication...call it what you want. Far Cry 5 co-op was the much better option last night and I actually have good memories of that. Even the Canucks game was more fun to watch.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #93
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
Wikipedia:

“On December 28, 2002, four weeks after he was fired by San Jose, Sutter was named head coach of the Calgary Flames, replacing Greg Gilbert, who had been fired by Calgary on December 3.”
Maybe we should wait until December to bring in Sutter. Worked last time.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #94
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't think the game was that bad. Flames really need to capitalize on their chances though. Two breakaways and nothing to show from it.

I actually laughed out loud at how the jets fans protested the non goal with less then a minute. It was so clearly not a goal that protesting it made them look silly. I think even one of the Jets and linesmen had chuckle.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #95
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Jokes on you guys who continue to keep watching this trash. Loyalty, fandom, dedication...call it what you want. Far Cry 5 co-op was the much better option last night and I actually have good memories of that. Even the Canucks game was more fun to watch.
Season's almost over, also I wanted to see how the Jets were playing before they go into the payoffs.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #96
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Sigh.. not a horrible game at all, but a lot of the same lack of creativity. I think Gaudreau just isn't as effective without Monahan - Monahan is far from just a guy riding coattails on that line...
This is really key. It seems that Monahan had been fighting through something long before he was shut-down, which I think had a huge impact on the team's fortunes dow the stretch, but it's additionally really telling that Gaudreau has gone pointless since Monahan's last game.

Sean Monahan is much more important to the success of the Flames than many people—it would seem—realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: