Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2018, 08:55 PM   #41
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
Man I hope this isn't true. Im betting we will see some trade requests next year if he is back and the team stumbles out of the block. To me it looks like the players are not buying in at all and dont beleive in GG or his system.
I don't think it's buy in at all. The advanced stats show otherwise.

That's why I can't back the narrative of "it's the players faults" when the advanced stats "rank" them among the best in the league.

Bad deployment, bad strategy, lots of shots, few goals.

This is a team on autopilot.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:56 PM   #42
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
What did they say?
That Gulutzan could be fired as early as Monday.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 08:59 PM   #43
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Ahh, ok. Gotcha. In that case, then yea, that's a frightening thought indeed.

I don't know about the rest of you, but if Gulutzan is back next year, I'm honestly not sure if I can stomach following this team anymore...at least until Treliving does the right thing and replaces the incompetent buffoons currently coaching the team. I've been a die hard fan of the team since they first came to Calgary in 1980, and I've suffered through some terrible years with terrible rosters. But I don't remember ever being this frustrated with the Flames. This is a new low for this franchise right now.
I think a lot of us feel the same way. I was born a Flames fan in 1980 and this is by far the worst season I have seen. I live in Victoria and proudly support my team. This was the first year I gave up and absolutely had no faith or pride in their play. Going to be a long painful summer, especially seeing teams in our division getting better (at the draft) I worry Vancouver will be better than us soon.

Going to be sick to my stomach if the coaching staff is back and the team can't take a step forward next year.
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moneyhands23 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #44
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy Eff. the 50/50 at the Vancouver game tonight is at $810k
Old 04-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #45
OldSam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't forget that the Jets coach is a successful and real NHL coach. I would have given Maurice more time too. Totally different than what we have here.
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OldSam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #46
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
I think a lot of us feel the same way. I was born a Flames fan in 1980 and this is by far the worst season I have seen. I live in Victoria and proudly support my team. This was the first year I gave up and absolutely had no faith or pride in their play. Going to be a long painful summer, especially seeing teams in our division getting better (at the draft) I worry Vancouver will be better than us soon.

Going to be sick to my stomach if the coaching staff is back and the team can't take a step forward next year.
Yup. I tune into the game thread solely for the one liners and clever quips. The team doesn't interest me until Gulutzan is Gone.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #47
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Foo scored......

....yeah that's all I got.
I hope his parents are still in town!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #48
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
That Gulutzan could be fired as early as Monday.
I doubt he gets fired Monday. Treliving will likely conduct player interviews with the players then coaches. I expect him to be let go by the end of next week.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #49
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 04-05-2018, 09:14 PM   #50
Homer_J
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
I hope his parents are still in town!
Unfortunately they didn’t make the trip to Winnipeg.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #51
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Flames are nowhere near the Jets in terms of being allowed to be "patient" with their coach. We haven't built up anywhere near as well as they have.

Kerr in his segmented rant today went off on being patient. Knows full well the fanbase wants blood and a head on a platter. said we may get a little bit of that.

MY personal Prediction? Gully keeps his job but is bubblewrapped in veteran assistants who will take his job at some point in the season. i.e not hand picked by Gully.
Is that what Kerr said verbatim? I didn't listen.

But if it is what he said, he, and anyone else who thinks that it's about being "out for blood" is 'out to lunch'.

People aren't looking for the guy to be fired for the sake of being fired because they're frustrated.

They want the guy fired because he's bad, and it's obvious. There's a difference.

Going back to the Gulutzan well and expecting different results is simply prolonging this agony. Could you imagine being Gaudreau or Monahan and hearing Gulutzan is back next year? Good lord...

It's not about "wanting blood" at all. I hope key team personnel and media members read this site.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #52
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:
icon57

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSam View Post
Don't forget that the Jets coach is a successful and real NHL coach. I would have given Maurice more time too. Totally different than what we have here.
(prior to this year)
So Maurice 592 wins in 1365 games (773 not won) or 0.433 win% is a successful and real head coach?
Interesting

Gulutzan was 0.514 going into this year.

I don't see how making #### up serves any real purpose?
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 09:20 PM   #53
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Is that what Kerr said verbatim? I didn't listen.

But if it is what he said, he, and anyone else who thinks that it's about being "out for blood" is 'out to lunch'.

People aren't looking for the guy to be fired for the sake of being fired because they're frustrated.

They want the guy fired because he's bad, and it's obvious. There's a difference.

Going back to the Gulutzan well and expecting different results is simply prolonging this agony. Could you imagine being Gaudreau or Monahan and hearing Gulutzan is back next year? Good lord...

It's not about "wanting blood" at all. I hope key team personnel and media members read this site.
Yep, definitely said people wants blood.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #54
mikeecho
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure. The media puppets have been going on this huge patience rants the past few days.

God we can hope for a new coach. But there's some unbelieveable reaching and grasping at straws going on. Trying to relate the Flames woes to how the Jets were built through patience with Chevy and that coach guy they have..

If I follow not what they're saying but the overall direction of where they want things to go on the radio. Gully may just be back.
It drives me nuts that Wills has really been pushing that narrative. There really isn’t much of a similarity between the teams to suggest that the Flames should hold tight and things will magically be better next year.

The Jets weren’t “all in” last year and didn’t mortgage their future by trading off draft picks for players to push them to the next level like the Flames did this year. The Jets purposely used last year as an investment in their youth movement. It was a bit of a risk on Chevy’s part and I’m sure he hoped it would go better last year, but it was part of their plan to develop youth. Maurice was never on the hot seat (despite the frustration of many fans) as he was simply playing the best he could with the roster he had.

The Flames are basically the opposite of the Jets, although Wills would also have you believe that this season just wasn’t meant to be, as if the outcomes were being determined by some greater power like the hockey Gods.
mikeecho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeecho For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 09:27 PM   #55
nwflamesfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

nwflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:27 PM   #56
OldSam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
(prior to this year)
So Maurice 592 wins in 1365 games (773 not won) or 0.433 win% is a successful and real head coach?
Interesting

Gulutzan was 0.514 going into this year.

I don't see how making #### up serves any real purpose?
Well pardon me for calling a coach with over 1300 NHL games a real coach over some one that has a heck of a lot less games under his belt. Except for you and Gully's family, I would expect 100 times out of 100, hockey fans would take Maurice over Gulutzan.
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:28 PM   #57
mikeecho
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
What makes you say that? Where is he going?
What are the chances he gets an allergy to hockey equipment?
mikeecho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeecho For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 09:30 PM   #58
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Holy Eff. the 50/50 at the Vancouver game tonight is at $810k
That is crazy!
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #59
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sigh.. not a horrible game at all, but a lot of the same lack of creativity. I think Gaudreau just isn't as effective without Monahan - Monahan is far from just a guy riding coattails on that line.

Gulutzan not pulling the goalie with the late PP? It isn't like he is expecting a goal from the atrocious PP, right? You stack your odds with 2 minutes left and try for the 6 on 4 IMO. I was shocked that the goalie wasn't pulled there.

Other than that.. meh. One more game.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #60
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwkayaker View Post
That is crazy!
I think the Gold Medal game 50/50 was higher in Vancouver. It was at 400k this morning!