Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2022, 10:39 PM   #2241
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Late bump:

Well shiiiit. Finally got caught up on this and I see they killed him off.

I was really hoping he'd get away, but when he killed Logan I was like uh oh, he doesn't deserve to get away after doing that.

I really thought his girlfriend was going to soften up towards him, but haha hell no. She was hard as #### and there was no way she was going to waver. I mean he was a serial killer, but he certainly did do his best to direct that towards psycho's that were way worse than he was.

Fitting ending I guess, kind of glad it's over now that I've sat on it for a bit.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 01:15 PM   #2242
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

New Dexter spinoffs on the way.

https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news...iller-prequel/

Quote:
Following the completion of Paramount+’s merger with Showtime last week, The Wall Street Journal confirmed yesterday that multiple Dexter spin-offs – as well as a follow-up to the hugely successful New Blood revival series – are in the works.

First up, there’s been a straight-to-series order for a prequel show, Dexter: Origins. Set in Dexter’s hometown, Miami, the series will follow the beginnings of Morgan’s murderous path after joining the Miami Metro while touching on the stories of real life killers from the time. The show promises to give fans a chance to meet younger versions of characters from the original series; the prospect of seeing a teenage Deb and an altogether more alive Harry is a tantalising one indeed.

While Origins is primarily aiming to foster a new generation of fans for the franchise, Showtime also confirmed that they are developing a continuation of New Blood, which will shift the focus onto Dexter’s son Harrison as he wrestles with his own Dark Passenger. And if that still isn’t enough psychopathy for you, the network are also exploring the idea of further spin-offs focusing on memorable characters from the original series – namely John Lithgow’s terrifying ‘Trinity Killer’.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2023, 01:55 PM   #2243
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
New blood was better than expected, but these don't sound very great. Showtime sure likes to bleed the well dry on any hit they have.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2023, 02:02 PM   #2244
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
New blood was better than expected, but these don't sound very great. Showtime sure likes to bleed the well dry on any hit they have.

I think the Harrison series could be really interesting, and I thought the kid who played him in New Blood was pretty great. They could even bring back Michael C. Hall to do the "Force ghost" role as Harrison's mentor/conscience.

I have very little interest in a prequel series, as we already know most of Dexter's back story.

Last edited by direwolf; 02-10-2023 at 03:35 PM.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 04:16 PM   #2245
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always thought that Cameron Monaghan (Ian Gallagher on Shameless) has the perfect look to play Dexter in a prequel type of series.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2023, 04:16 PM   #2246
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the original group and the Miami metro days but we've been given so much insight into Harry's part and Dexter's upbringing through 8 seasons of flashbacks that there isn't much left to reveal. We also know where things go and where it all ends

watching Dexter's early killing days would be entertaining for a few episodes, but they would be extremely restricted creatively

I think the "next generation" with Harrison is the only logical direction to go

Have Dex tag along as his Harry
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2023, 04:24 PM   #2247
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I always thought that Cameron Monaghan (Ian Gallagher on Shameless) has the perfect look to play Dexter in a prequel type of series.
At this point, he's about the same age Hall was when Dexter started, so there wouldn't be much wiggle room for him to be a "young" Dexter.
Old 02-11-2023, 09:25 AM   #2248
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
At this point, he's about the same age Hall was when Dexter started, so there wouldn't be much wiggle room for him to be a "young" Dexter.
He's about 6 years younger than when Hall first played the character, and IMO he looks younger than him even during his time on Six Feet Under.

I think it would be a fit.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote