Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 06:38 AM   #4021
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
He's not wrong you know. I don't mind your posting, actually I think you contribute to this forum, but you do go from banging drums during the off-season to disappear once the losing starts. You show up from nowhere now when the Oilers are in a good patch, fine, but will you stay on once they fall back down? Some consistency would be nice.
Why - he doesn't owe you crap. If he posts when his team is doing well (I haven't noticed that but oh well), what difference does it make to you?

If he was being rude, that would be one thing... but nothing here is deserved these responses.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2018, 07:34 AM   #4022
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah for the amount you guys love floating into the HFOil GDTs and ATL, you sure get bent out of shape because one guy has the audacity to come in to your safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:57 AM   #4023
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
He's not wrong you know. I don't mind your posting, actually I think you contribute to this forum, but you do go from banging drums during the off-season to disappear once the losing starts. You show up from nowhere now when the Oilers are in a good patch, fine, but will you stay on once they fall back down? Some consistency would be nice.
Hey sorry I’m here too. Been doing mostly off topic reading and posting. I’ll post more on Sunday if that’s ok with you.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2018, 08:46 AM   #4024
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let the Oilers fans gloat and bask in this unsustainable win streak. We all know that they will still be irrelevant and out of the playoffs by February anyways. If anything their hubris makes the eventual downfall even more delicious. Think of all the tears!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #4025
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I give credit to Oil fans that have the sack to show up in this thread and take the beatings that they so richly deserve, I give less credit to those that show a fair weather like profile of only showing up when times are good and vanishing like a fart in the wind when their team is losing.

As for the Oilers little win streak, hot streak insurrection. It won't last, it can't last, in their last 10 they're playing with a combination of the new coach bump, which isn't much of a bump, beating teams (Barely) that are pretty much the dregs of the NHL.

I give Hitch credit, he's got them playing way over their heads. But their neutral zone trapping, low talent lineup won't last, it can't last because this isn't a video game, or a book or movie written by whoever wrote the twilight series.

The glow will come off now that they've passed a segment of their schedule where they played a bunch of duds, and they're now going up against some heavy weights like Calgary and Winnipeg and Colorado, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them get pummeled in those games.

As they go from twilight to Vampires suck.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2018, 09:39 AM   #4026
Franchise Player

Exp:

I heard some interview on Steinbergs show with a Oiler reporter and he was still goin on about retribution for Tkachuk. How delusional is that fan base? What exactly did Tkachuk do? HE is the one who got slewfooted, which is why he went after Draisaitl all night. Backlund is the one who got wrestled to the ice which is why Tkachuk came in to help. Tkachuk is the one who got attacked by Kassian.

If any one deserves retribution, it is Draisaitl and Kassian.

What an incredibly delusional fan base.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:47 AM   #4027
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Hey sorry I’m here too. Been doing mostly off topic reading and posting. I’ll post more on Sunday if that’s ok with you.
“I’ll be posting more on Sunday if the Oilers win” is what you meant to say
Old 12-08-2018, 09:53 AM   #4028
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
I heard some interview on Steinbergs show with a Oiler reporter and he was still goin on about retribution for Tkachuk. How delusional is that fan base? What exactly did Tkachuk do? HE is the one who got slewfooted, which is why he went after Draisaitl all night. Backlund is the one who got wrestled to the ice which is why Tkachuk came in to help. Tkachuk is the one who got attacked by Kassian.

Yeah but he was being a big meanie to McDavid
Old 12-08-2018, 09:57 AM   #4029
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post

Look they know that their deada%% slow unskilled lineup can't keep up, that their low scoring squadron of suck is the equivalent of a wrestling jobber that once in a while wins. So they make up fiction on why they're so bad (The league hates us), they make their loser teams actions somewhat heroic (Kassian is the real hero in this story going against that weasel).

But its not true

The truth of the matter is that the NHL has tried everything to help the Oilers win (Tons of back end games against teams that played the night before) (indulging McDavid on his diving).

The NHL and Oiler fans are actually like that doting helicopter parent dealing with their not really bright or physically skilled child. Arguing with their teachers for better grades, confronting everyone that dares criticize their special child. Then in the end they believe their own BS and act surprised when their child, like the Oilers tops out as the 40 year old working the fry station at McDonald's while spending his evenings with his special ear cleaning kit and praying that the day doesn't arrive when McDonald's replaces him with a hamster on a wheel and a robot arm.

You're overachieving on your 10 game report card, but your competing against actual good teams to get your grade, and in 10 games, 10 games you gained two points on one wild card team. That's it, in 10 games you lost ground to every other team in the playoff picture except for the Sharks, and here's the splash of reality for the Oilers. They're looking at that Sharks team and either doing the doting helicopter parent lying to themselves thing and saying "Yeah we're special enough with the Hitch and the trap to pass them". Or a fleeting instance of reality hits and says "The Sharks will get going and we don't have the horses to compete when that happens".

The best thing though. The thing that makes me laugh at this hot streak of over achievement.

It takes them out of top pick contention, something that the Oilers don't ever deserve.

Oh and Chia right now is in the executive suite taking credit

"Look at my changes gentlemen, Spooner turned us around and I made that change. The talent was there gentlemen, and the lineup is there, it was T-Mac that couldn't take advantage on the talent and lineup that I built".

Then he's walking into Katz office and sitting on the stained leather couch and Katz is leaning over with a 5 year contract extension and saying.

"Good work Chia, good work"

Old 12-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #4030
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
“I’ll be posting more on Sunday if the Oilers win” is what you meant to say
Holy crap man, give it a break. stang actually does post in the Off Topic forum and is actually useful.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #4031
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Holy crap man, give it a break. stang actually does post in the Off Topic forum and is actually useful.
Ive been on here for 13 years. It doesn’t bother me.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:04 AM   #4032
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Respect

*taps fist on heart*

Old 12-08-2018, 10:22 AM   #4033
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ive been on here for 13 years.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:25 AM   #4034
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nah bro, Stang is an actual for real contributing member of this site. Sure he's got more than questionable taste in teams, but he's an active and excellent member of this community. He's no AlbertaOilers

Edit: This is in reply to Beninhohoho as CP won't let me quote him

Second Edit: Not Oilstain, was thinking of AlbertaOilers

Last edited by Lanny'sDaMan; 12-08-2018 at 11:00 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #4035
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ive been on here for 13 years. It doesn’t bother me.
I respect posters much more that also post in Off Topic and help other posters with real life concerns.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #4036
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

nah, I'm ok with Oilstain and Stang.

After a while it gets boring seeing the same two guys getting wedgied over and over again by their team.

Just when they have some hope the Oilers actually reach over grab their underwear and pull it over their heads while laughing at their ability to remain a fan of that sad sack ship wreck of a franchise.

Yup, the Oilers are like the band poison, they were relevant in the 80's, but now they're a laughable joke that their fans and the Oilers aren't in on

Bret Michaels - "We were huge in the 80's man, we sold out stadiums and had platinum albums and to this day people see us as rock pioneers and flood to our shows when we play keggers at Devry 30 year reunions"

Rock fans - "No we don't"

Oiler fans - "We won cups in the 80's and because of that our franchise is entitled to that respect from all hockey fans who look at our franchise with awe as we raise another banner saluting Terry the hypnotist for his 10th show in Edmonton"

Hockey fans - "Nah, your a laughing spot"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2018, 10:32 AM   #4037
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekimet View Post
Yes, oil stain please post a schedule of what hours a day you will be on this forum. You also will need to sign in and out each time you visit and you must post a basic synopsis of what you will be arguing about for the duration of your visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
Why - he doesn't owe you crap. If he posts when his team is doing well (I haven't noticed that but oh well), what difference does it make to you?

If he was being rude, that would be one thing... but nothing here is deserved these responses.
Quote:

I'm not sure how you guys got that out of my post really. I didn't think I was being hostile, and I'm genuinely sorry if I offended anyone. I just don't think it's that difficult to figure out why people would call someone out for continuosly appear, disappear and reappear whenever the times are good or rough. As I said I don't mind Oil stain in the least, or stang, or anyone. Apologies.

Last edited by crapshoot; 12-08-2018 at 10:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to crapshoot For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2018, 10:44 AM   #4038
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not sure how you guys got that out of my post really. I didn't think I was being hostile, and I'm genuinely sorry if I offended anyone. I just don't think it's that difficult to figure out why people would call someone out for continuosly appear, disappear and reappear whenever the times are good or rough. As I said I don't mind Oil stain in the least, or stang, or anyone. Apologies.
It’s all good fun. Don’t apologize. It’s the Edmonton bashing thread. Giver
Old 12-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #4039
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will concede my original post to Oil Stain was too hostile, that being said I still will continue to call out the Oiler fans who magically disappear from the hockey forum once their season is over by Jan-Feb.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:50 AM   #4040
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Plus, anyone who still has a Lucic jersey as his avatar has to have bullet-proof skin, and no ability whatsoever to make wise life choices.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread