Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2020, 01:57 PM   #801
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Managed to get both campgrounds that I wanted, for July long weekend and August Long weekend, respectively.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 02:00 PM   #802
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

The treadmill that I've been waiting for (with a ? delivery date) showed up unexpectedly, and I'm able to start putting it together and using it weeks before I thought I would be.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:00 PM   #803
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
The treadmill that I've been waiting for (with a ? delivery date) showed up unexpectedly, and I'm able to start putting it together and using it weeks before I thought I would be.
"...I'll hang my shirts to dry here. I can drape slacks on this part. Boxes of crap can go right on the conveyor..."
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 03:28 PM   #804
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm quite happy about getting back to the gym. Not just because it's been really good for my mental health and extremely necessary for staying physically functional.

It's a new thing to me, being the kind of person who actually enjoys physical exercise.

Turns out getting out of depression has opened up all sorts of things I previously thought were impossible to enjoy.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2020, 12:34 PM   #805
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Getting a workout outside is making me happy. Fresh air and sunshine are one thing, but being able to use a medicine ball and ropes (which I can't really use in the basement) increases the effort AND the fun factor.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 01:00 PM   #806
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got an XL jersey in Heritage blue from the Jets team store and it's shipping label got created, so I should have it this upcoming week. After barely fitting in an XXL and having a 3xl jersey on me a year ago, this was a long term goal of mine. It feels amazing to be healthy.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:28 PM   #807
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Good job, dude. That sounds awesome.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2020, 10:40 PM   #808
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

NM wrong thread.

Last edited by Johnny199r; 05-29-2020 at 11:13 PM.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:33 AM   #809
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

After living in Edmonton for nearly 7 years, I finally moved back down south. Feels good man.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 01:07 PM   #810
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

The neighbors who I reported to 311 for having foot tall grass in their front yard finally mowing their lawn today
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2020, 08:07 AM   #811
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
The neighbors who I reported to 311 for having foot tall grass in their front yard finally mowing their lawn today
Snitches get stitches.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #812
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went out for wing night last night with my usual wing crew. The unanimous consensus was that they were the best damn wings ever! All of us ordered 2-3 batches each and just chowed down like it was the first meal we've had in years.

Strange to see the pool tables and VLTs all locked up, along with the 1995 Bulls vs Knicks playing on TV. Paper menus and all the staff with masks. Yet it felt good to have a night with friends and to catch up.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #813
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I read a tweet about the Couch to 5K program last month. I was curious, and after doing a bit more research, I decided to give the program a shot. I downloaded the official app, bought myself a good pair of running shoes and put a running playlist together.

Gradually with each workout, I've started feeling better and better. Yesterday, I finished week 5 of the 9 week program! I ran for 20 minutes straight over 3.41 km! That might not sound impressive, but a couple months ago, I wouldn't have thought it was possible.

I now can't wait for my next day to go for a run! It's one of the best decisions I've ever made, and I realize how misguided my past attempts at running were. I used to attempt to run right away without warming up, and I wouldn't have intervals of running and walking during training. I'd quickly get injured and frustrated and I'd quit. This is so much better!

Last edited by Kipper is King; 06-06-2020 at 09:44 PM.
Kipper is King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:59 AM   #814
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

A few months ago I sent a painting to a friend of mine in PEI who was feeling down, and according to him it pretty much made his year when he got it (less a comment on my skill than on how awful 2020 has been ). About three weeks ago he told me to check my mailbox because he was returning the favour. And after a bizarre trek across the country (thank you, Canada Post...) this arrived yesterday: autographed and game-worn! It's gonna have a prominent spot amongst my other hockey treasures.

Spoiler!

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2020, 09:02 PM   #815
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

So I’m about to list my place for sale. My neighbor is a total stoner. We're not friends per se but we chat often on the balcony. She kept stinking up the hall with weed recently. Instead of being a dick and complaining, I did what all good neighbors do. I brought her some high powered concentrates (rosin and resin, good #### too) so she can dab it and keep the smell down vs joints/bowls and bribed her to keep the smell on the DL for the next month. She thanked me so much and apologized. Apparently the dick neighbors just complained to the board and she got in trouble. Had no idea it was bothering people.

Makes me happy to have a nice neighbor. And I know some would say she’s a jerk to begin with but she genuinely didn’t realize our building has a built in air circulation system which pushes air into the hall when the airflow is just right.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2020, 09:28 AM   #816
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

It makes me happy tuff SOBs like this existed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Beyrle

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2020, 12:19 PM   #817
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
I read a tweet about the Couch to 5K program last month. I was curious, and after doing a bit more research, I decided to give the program a shot. I downloaded the official app, bought myself a good pair of running shoes and put a running playlist together.

Gradually with each workout, I've started feeling better and better. Yesterday, I finished week 5 of the 9 week program! I ran for 20 minutes straight over 3.41 km! That might not sound impressive, but a couple months ago, I wouldn't have thought it was possible.

I now can't wait for my next day to go for a run! It's one of the best decisions I've ever made, and I realize how misguided my past attempts at running were. I used to attempt to run right away without warming up, and I wouldn't have intervals of running and walking during training. I'd quickly get injured and frustrated and I'd quit. This is so much better!
I took a course like that once from a local New Balance Store. It sounds very similar, we went once a week, and then went home with runs to complete over the next week, it was always a combination of walking and running with the running gradually increasing and the walking decreasing. At the end the whole class participated in a local 5K. I'm interested in this App because I would like to start again.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2020, 09:56 PM   #818
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
I'm interested in this App because I would like to start again.
I think that's a great idea. Check your PMs!
Old 06-14-2020, 09:27 PM   #819
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was out for a drive today, out by Forgetmenot Pond. On my way back, a bighorn ram was just chowing down on the center line of the road. Nothing on the road but me and this ram. It was pretty good, and it was a good drive.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2020, 09:39 PM   #820
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post

When the gyms closed, a friend and I started this program using an app. I like the program but somehow I’m on week 4 after 6 weeks as I fit in kayaking and biking. Tonight I did a run alternating walking intervals with 5 min runs. ‘4 weeks ago’ a 5 minute interval would have sucked and today it wasn’t bad at all. I’m happy with my progress.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wwkayaker For This Useful Post: