Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #41
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNotKenKing View Post
The post was their top line vs. the rest of their team. Which is 55-55.
Our top line vs. the rest of our team is 43-67.
Both include defensemen.
I realize that. My point still stands.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahan For Mayor For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #42
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seven Things to Watch for Tonight
  1. Mark Giordano is one point from tying Dave Manson and becoming 110th all time in points as an NHL defenseman.
  2. Johnny Gaudreau is one assist from passing Robert Reichel in assists as a Flame. They both have 201 and share the 18th spot.
  3. Sean Monahan is one point from passing Doug Gilmour and Bob MacMillan in points as a Calgary Flame. This will put him at 22nd all time in points as a Flame.
  4. Mark Giordano is one goal from tying Jyrki Lumme and Jerry Korab in goals as an NHL defencemen. Giordano is currently ranked 72nd of all time. To put that in perspective GIo has played 200 fewer games than both of those men.
  5. Michael Frolik is one assists from a career 200. Even though he has 5 goals he is yet to get an assist this season.
  6. James Neal is one goal from passing Erik Cole and Brenden Morrow, becoming 255 all time in goals as an NHL player.
  7. Mike Smith is one win away from tying Ken Wregget in all time wins as an NHL goalie. Wregget currently holds the 70th spot.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2018, 11:05 AM   #43
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Must-Win Game to get the snake where snake needs to be.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
Old 11-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #44
Darkknight
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
I realize that. My point still stands.
A 39% contribution to your team's offence is a bit of a difference than a 50/50 split. To say your point still stands is blatantly incorrect.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Darkknight For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2018, 11:12 AM   #45
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get being annoyed with Ryan on the PP and I do believe Czarnik would offer much more on it but Ryan is a dependable 4th line center and PKer. That 4th line hasn’t been giving up too many chances and have been able to hold their own when on the ice against higher lines. I would like to see a change which would allow Czarnik to get back in the lineup, I really like Dube but IMO we have to see what more Czarnik can bring, he’s far more seasoned and I’ve liked his play most times he’s in the lineup. Ryan to me is like a faster stajan, but I do believe he has more offensive capabilities than he’s shown.

Either way, the 4th line is much better than last years.

Last edited by Beninho; 11-01-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #46
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Very notable how czarnik has struggled to get into games.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #47
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Colorado's top line might be the most dangerous in the league this year. Whoever has that assignment is going to have a long night, so they better be ready to play. They need a full team commitment when MacKinnon and co. are on the ice or we are going to be trailing early and often.
Only line Id put ahead of them is Bostons top line. They are unreal both offensively and defensively.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:19 AM   #48
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Very notable how czarnik has struggled to get into games.
I haven't loved his game since the preseason though.

He's played decent on a line with Backlund and Tkachuk but really hasn't done anything.

The Hathaway thing is interesting though. There are better options in almost every measurable way save snarl which clearly he brings. If he continues to be pissy he may just not come out.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #49
The Boy Wonder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looking forward to seeing the boys come out flying tonight.

Need to start getting solid performances at home, Hoping Smith can play well, although i'm still not convinced even with him winning the TO game, it really didn't seem like the flames got the leafs best that night, and despite making some lucky saves late, I don't think he was particularly impressive.

Really hope to see him turn the corner tonight
Old 11-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #50
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can’t believe that I would be perfectly OK with Rittich starting this game. I wanted Gillies to stay up in the NHL after the preseason. I haven’t seen any games, but he’s at an 0.846 with 7 games this season in Stockton.

Guess I still know jack about goalies.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:58 AM   #51
Jore
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah, smith didn’t look that convincing to me flopping around on his stomach against Toronto late. I’d rather see rittich start against the aves off his excellent performance against Buffalo, especially since he has a good record against them. I guess they’re really set on using smith as the starter, hope it doesn’t cost them
Old 11-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #52
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Secondary scoring tonight and Smith continues his steady play. 4-1 with goals from Jankowski, Andersson, Neal and Backlund.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #53
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Please be better than last Thursday, please be better than last Thursday.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2018, 12:01 PM   #54
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

I fee more calm with Rittich in net as well, but while I think Smith hasn’t played that great this season, his puck distribution has been top notch. Also, it would be good to build his confidence back up from a shaky start to the season. We will need him.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #55
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Seven Things to Watch for Tonight
  1. Mark Giordano is one point from tying Dave Manson and becoming 110th all time in points as an NHL defenseman.
  2. Johnny Gaudreau is one assist from passing Robert Reichel in assists as a Flame. They both have 201 and share the 18th spot.
  3. Sean Monahan is one point from passing Doug Gilmour and Bob MacMillan in points as a Calgary Flame. This will put him at 22nd all time in points as a Flame.
  4. Mark Giordano is one goal from tying Jyrki Lumme and Jerry Korab in goals as an NHL defencemen. Giordano is currently ranked 72nd of all time. To put that in perspective GIo has played 200 fewer games than both of those men.
  5. Michael Frolik is one assists from a career 200. Even though he has 5 goals he is yet to get an assist this season.
  6. James Neal is one goal from passing Erik Cole and Brenden Morrow, becoming 255 all time in goals as an NHL player.
  7. Mike Smith is one win away from tying Ken Wregget in all time wins as an NHL goalie. Wregget currently holds the 70th spot.

I like this bit you've been doing. I hope you keep it up.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #56
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can watch again finally! huzzah! #tapstheveins

The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2018, 12:31 PM   #57
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

From the NHL Weird moments compilation, the Leafs freaking out over the no-goal with the radio call:

https://youtu.be/_FS6nTLxNbY?t=465

"OH NO NO! THE BACK OF THE NET!"
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2018, 01:01 PM   #58
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would prefer a win.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:06 PM   #59
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
From the NHL Weird moments compilation, the Leafs freaking out over the no-goal with the radio call:

https://youtu.be/_FS6nTLxNbY?t=465

"OH NO NO! THE BACK OF THE NET!"
Man if the dang refs didn't inexplicably blow that down, it would have been an all-time blooper for years and years.
The Following User Says Thank You to sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #60
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Peters is taking (mild) shots at the refs again today. I like it from the fact that he’s advocating for his players, and as a player it feels good to feel like your coach has got your back. Probably results in zero practical change, and arguably can hurt us more than it helps.

In the pregame interview (rough transcript):

“It’s a big call early in the second period, changed the complexion of the game. Instead of being 1-0 it would have been 1-1. Instead of chasing, we would have been able to play more guys”.
The Following User Says Thank You to PugnaciousIntern For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread