Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
temple5
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Dropped calls exclusively with Global Live/Freedom/Wind Mobile numbers

I am going here hoping someone here knows something about Canadian telephone system. I am losing my mind trying to facilitate the troubleshooting.

I work at a healthcare facility in NW Calgary (about 700 employees (mix of full and part time) near the foothills hospital.

We have a internal buisness PBX phone system with full Telus PRI.

About 2 weeks ago we started having a number of dropped calls (100s a day) of incoming and outgoing calls (within 30 seconds)

We called our phone provider who attempted to troubleshoot the problem with Telus who for the first week insisted it was our on premise PRI card which we replaced 3 times.

Telus kept seeing errors on the line and so they sent a tech who finally determined it wasnt us so he sent it up the support chain.

According to Telus there is a mis-configured 3rd party device (Shaw) in the Telus Capitol Hill exchange location (tech told us, further discussions with Telus they wont mention the exchange name/location) that is causing the problems.

Telus then said thats where there troubleshooting ends and that people who are getting dropped calls need to call their own provider to start a support ticket We have ambulance drivers and pharmacists who are getting dropped calls so its turned into a serious health risk.

Apparently according to our phone provider, the Children's Hospital also has been having issues but they switched to a backup T1 line within 2 days (we are not as fortunate to have a backup telephone line).

We seem to have the problem narrowed down to a company called Global Live which looks to be owner of Wind then Shaw bought Wind and turned them into Freedom.

I have a support ticket open with Shaw and am hopeful that will result in a resolution but I am not holding my breath.

I called Freedom/Wind and after 24 minutes of mostly on hold their fix was we should buy a Freedom phone to call these numbers

Does anyone know how phones are routed in Canada and how to get issues between carriers resolved? I have an IT background but have no telecom knowledge at all.

Is it possible that wind/freedom uses Shaw's backbone and there is a misconfigured Shaw device in the Capitol Hill Telus exchange that translates Wind/Freedom numbers from digital to a language that a PBX can understand and that is what is causing our problems or are we just chasing a wild goose.
temple5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The one success story I had dealing with Telus is to send an email to their VP when all other tech support efforts failed.

https://www.telus.com/en/about/compa...executive-team

email addresses are standard firstname.lastname@telus.com

This is clearly an issue they need to sort out. You are the customer.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
canada telecom , cell service , shaw , telus , wind