Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #201
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw some footage of 420 Denver. There were thousands of people there, and when the clock struck 4:20 a big cloud of smoke went up. Pretty funny.

They had guard rails, security, cops. It was a real occasion.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #202
Leon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
I saw some footage of 420 Denver. There were thousands of people there, and when the clock struck 4:20 a big cloud of smoke went up. Pretty funny.

They had guard rails, security, cops. It was a real occasion.

hahaha, also

so awesome..

''The Phaneuf - Regehr pairing reminds me a lot of when I'm having sex with a new partner'' -malcomk14
''Not only is he a good player, but I enjoy his company'' -Pierre Mcguire on Phaneuf

"I'm only watching now for the chance to see brief close-ups of White's moustache." - rockstar
</br>

Last edited by Leon; 04-21-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #203
Leon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
I know wich one is safer!
Ha ha OK, keep telling yourself you'd rather smoke a cigarette than a joint

''The Phaneuf - Regehr pairing reminds me a lot of when I'm having sex with a new partner'' -malcomk14
''Not only is he a good player, but I enjoy his company'' -Pierre Mcguire on Phaneuf

"I'm only watching now for the chance to see brief close-ups of White's moustache." - rockstar
</br>
Old 04-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #204
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
Wow, I think you seriously underestimate the power of lobbyists in the US.
Why else would Tobacco be legal and regular medicine cost twice what it does in Canada? They also killed the Electric car and make sure everyone is paying too much for energy.

iT's A hUgE cOnSpIrAcY mAaAn - ThE iLluMiNaTtI cOnTrOl EvErYtHiNg!!!
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #205
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I think there should be a social contract concept in Canadian law where if you choose to get high recreationally and something happens to you (injury/illness, unemployment) as a result of getting high, you forfeit your right to free medical care or welfare/EI benefits and if someone else is harmed, you are dealt with severely from a legal stand point.
You can't be serious. I think that if you do anything to put yourself in a position to get hurt, sick or unemployed for any reason other than being a perfect angel you should not be covered.

Also please don't make weed legal (or regulated by the government). If that happens we will be stuck buying crap from the corner store instead of actually getting good weed. I do wonder what prices would look like if that did happen though....
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #206
Leon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love how people get on their high horse when talking about weed.

Social contract for marijuana consumption? Really? What about a social contract for overconsumption.

You're fat and don't look after your body? No health care.

</br>
Old 04-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #207
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
You can't be serious. I think that if you do anything to put yourself in a position to get hurt, sick or unemployed for any reason other than being a perfect angel you should not be covered.

Also please don't make weed legal (or regulated by the government). If that happens we will be stuck buying crap from the corner store instead of actually getting good weed. I do wonder what prices would look like if that did happen though....

I know eh? I don't do it very often, but when I do, I'm able to get some of the best stuff available in Calgary. I'd hate to have to go to Mac' and pay more for inferior product.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #208
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
I know eh? I don't do it very often, but when I do, I'm able to get some of the best stuff available in Calgary. I'd hate to have to go to Mac' and pay more for inferior product.
Exactly. I couldn't imagine going from some of the best on the West Coast to some crap produced in Toronto for the country. But they would have to be careful because people would skip the legal route and then get it from their normal source and the cops would have a very hard time telling the difference.

Imagine being able to buy it at Costco though!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #209
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly. I couldn't imagine going from some of the best on the West Coast to some crap produced in Toronto for the country. But they would have to be careful because people would skip the legal route and then get it from their normal source and the cops would have a very hard time telling the difference.

But what I'd be worried about is if enough people decided to go the legal route, then all of sudden our sources would see their turnover reduced, and either the prices would go way up, or they'd make cuts, aka worse quality.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #210
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
But what I'd be worried about is if enough people decided to go the legal route, then all of sudden our sources would see their turnover reduced, and either the prices would go way up, or they'd make cuts, aka worse quality.
Very true that's why you stick to growing your own at that point and then you can control things a little more.
The Following User Says Thank You to HOOT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #211
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Very true that's why you stick to growing your own at that point and then you can control things a little more.
I've thought about it, but I just don't do it enough to go through the hassle of maintaining the plants. Plus, the stuff I get would knock your socks off and is pretty cheap.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #212
Antithesis
Disenfranchised

Exp:

My life's never been affected in any significant way by someone smoking pot; I suppose my opinions on it might change if it was, but I really think it should be legalized. It's not for me, but if it's for you, that's cool. I just don't know how much trust I'd put in someone who was selling it - that they didn't put something really unhealthy in it before selling to you.
Antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #213
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's the lifestyle of weed that's the biggest problem IMO.

We all know how hard working the kids in junior high and high school were that smoked it then...

Isn't that the problem? Who cares if adults do it, it's the younger population that's going to suffer from using it.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #214
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry dude, I want tax revenue from your mini farm.

I demand that if dope is legalized that we create a specially trained and heavily armed Swat Task force made up of members of Services Canada and the A team to collect the tax money thats owed to me as a Canadian Citizen due to you smoking grass.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #215
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
Ha ha OK, keep telling yourself you'd rather smoke a cigarette than a joint
Dude, do you even understand why your argument is completely ######ed?
I've shown emperical data that pretty much proves that a cigarette is exactly as harmful as a joint. Honestly I can understand why you'd have no rebuttal, because you're 100% wrong.

As far as harful chemcials go Cigarette = Joint. It's a fact.

So you can keep saying "Well I know which one is safer", and "Keep telling yourself that", because you're just making yourself look pretty dumb every time you do that....actually you make yourself look exactly like the kind of ######ed stoner that I can't stand because all they can talk about is legalizing pot, and how (Despite emperical evidence to the contrary) cigarettes are way worse for you than a joint.

Gotta love arguments with people who are either too proud to concede that they're completely wrong, or too stupid to realize it (you can let me know which one you are, I don't have a preference either way), that typically go like this

######/Super Proud Guy: Here is premise based on complete conjecture!
Non ######ed Guy: Actually you're wrong, and here is the emperical evidence to prove it.
######/Super Pround Guy: Whatever dude, go ahead and keep telling yourself....everyone knows the jury's still out on science.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #216
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post

hahaha, also

so awesome..
I'm surrounded by goddam hippies. Thanks again CO. We've got balloon boy, a bunch of filthy hippy potheads and horse toothed John Elway. No wonder that even the normal people here get high as crap.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #217
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

And how many more cigarettes would a chronic tobacco smoker consume over a chronic chronic consuming 'joints'? 15-1? 20-1?

On volume alone, seems like your argument is self defeating.
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:58 PM   #218
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
And how many more cigarettes would a chronic tobacco smoker consume over a chronic chronic consuming 'joints'? 15-1? 20-1?

On volume alone, seems like your argument is self defeating.
Depends on the stoner. The chick I know blazes every half hour or so when we go to her place.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #219
Leon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Dude, do you even understand why your argument is completely ######ed?
I've shown emperical data that pretty much proves that a cigarette is exactly as harmful as a joint. Honestly I can understand why you'd have no rebuttal, because you're 100% wrong.

So you can keep saying "Well I know which one is safer", and "Keep telling yourself that", because you're just making yourself look pretty dumb every time you do that....actually you make yourself look exactly like the kind of ######ed stoner that I can't stand because all they can talk about is legalizing pot, and how (Despite emperical evidence to the contrary) cigarettes are way worse for you than a joint.

Gotta love arguments with people who are either too proud to concede that they're completely wrong, or too stupid to realize it (you can let me know which one you are, I don't have a preference either way), that typically go like this

######/Super Proud Guy: Here is premise based on complete conjecture!
Non ######ed Guy: Actually you're wrong, and here is the emperical evidence to prove it.
######/Super Pround Guy: Whatever dude, go ahead and keep telling yourself....everyone knows the jury's still out on science.
There's empirical evidence arguing both sides.

Regardless of what byproducts are created in the burning process, I still know I'd rather be inhaling something natural in its base form like cannabis, as opposed to a manufactured cigarette.

You're getting pretty worked up bro, maybe you should burn one down .

</br>
Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 PM   #220
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Depends on the stoner. The chick I know blazes every half hour or so when we go to her place.
Also depends on the smoker, no? I know some people that smoke packs a day (50+). I also have some friends that smoke pot and just fill a bowl every night after dinner and that's it. I would be willing to wager that on average people that smoke cigs smoke more than average weed smokers.

I find a lot of pot smokes pipe it or use vaporizers which is a lot less weed. I bet filling a bowl 5 times would equal one joint and that could be all night for most pot smokers.
The Following User Says Thank You to HOOT For This Useful Post: