Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #161
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post

That made me chuckle. The West Ham-Man U game did not, but Manchester United is very good, and I think they have a shot at a title.

West Ham's fitness looked poor.
Yeah, sucks for Tottenham I guess. How many days has West Ham spent at the top of the league though? Enjoy the next five days (and hopefully longer) at rock bottom!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:04 AM   #162
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

new rich Chinese owners for Southampton.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-...ball-club-fans

I guess a certain guy named Virgil won't be too happy about these news.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #163
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
How'd Hart look to you?

I feel he should've got a hand on Pogba's goal. Other than that, I think he was quite good.
his reaction on Martial's wasnt good, not saying he should have saved it, that kind of situation is probably a goal 80% of the time if not higher

but there was room on both sides, he committed early and didnt really make himself that big
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #164
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The transfer window will shut before the start of the season in sweeping new changes that are expected to be approved by the Premier League next month, Telegraph Sport has learned.

Representatives from the 20 top-flight clubs are to attend September’s shareholders’ meeting with the majority pushing for a new transfer deadline to be introduced, preventing managers from buying players after the season has got under way. Telegraph Sport has discovered that moves are well advanced and already at “approval level”, in a potentially huge development for English football which is likely to be implemented next year.

It will be proposed that the deadline is brought forward to the week before the start of the 2018-19 Premier League season, with almost all of the 20 clubs understood to be behind the idea. Watford are believed to be one of the few clubs to oppose it, but the League is expecting a majority vote of over two thirds to force significant changes.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...season-starts/

great stuff. I've never understood why the transfer window is still open while the season is already under way. By August everybody is tired of the drama anyway and I'm all for squads to be finalized once the season starts. Hopefully other leagues will follow.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 04:48 PM   #165
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Yeah, sucks for Tottenham I guess. How many days has West Ham spent at the top of the league though? Enjoy the next five days (and hopefully longer) at rock bottom!
That is rather uncalled for, Slava.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:57 PM   #166
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
How'd Hart look to you?

I feel he should've got a hand on Pogba's goal. Other than that, I think he was quite good.
I liked how active Hart was in parrying balls away from danger. I thought he was OK.

However, it was actually Lukaku's second goal that bugged me. I felt he could have anticipated the header a bit better.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #167
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I liked how active Hart was in parrying balls away from danger. I thought he was OK.

However, it was actually Lukaku's second goal that bugged me. I felt he could have anticipated the header a bit better.
That is the one stood out to me too.

Looked defeated the second it hit Lukakus head and didn't even make an effort. Ball wasn't that far from him and with a little anticipation he gets there.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 06:57 PM   #168
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That is rather uncalled for, Slava.
I can't tell if you're joking or actually offended, but I am just giving you gears!
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 10:17 PM   #169
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
That is the one stood out to me too.

Looked defeated the second it hit Lukakus head and didn't even make an effort. Ball wasn't that far from him and with a little anticipation he gets there.
I don't think so. You can't leave a guy who is a top notch header of the ball alone in front where he can pick any spot he feels like. That goal wasn't on the goalie. It was some awful defending.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:15 AM   #170
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I can't tell if you're joking or actually offended, but I am just giving you gears!
I must admit, I was actually offended as I thought you were being serious. My bad.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #171
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sigurdsson to Everton for £45 million. Obviously puts Swansea at the top (or bottom I guess) of the relegation list.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #172
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Sigurdsson to Everton for £45 million. Obviously puts Swansea at the top (or bottom I guess) of the relegation list.
This one blows me away. Thats a ton of money for Sigurdsson, despite him being a really good player.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:38 PM   #173
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

expensive but great deal for Everton, Sigurdsson is a beast. Things looking quite bleak for Swansea now, they'd already have been relegated last season if not for Sigurdsson and Llorente.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:17 AM   #174
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
expensive but great deal for Everton, Sigurdsson is a beast. Things looking quite bleak for Swansea now, they'd already have been relegated last season if not for Sigurdsson and Llorente.
And United have fortune of playing them Saturday.

Chelsea, Spurs on Sunday.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:20 AM   #175
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And United have fortune of playing them Saturday.

Chelsea, Spurs on Sunday.
after Uniteds performance on Sunday and given Swanseas issues, I expect a stormer on Saturday. Which means it'll be a boring and disappointing 1-1.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:13 PM   #176
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is going to be interesting.

Quote:
Philippe Coutinho is reportedly determined to force a transfer to Barcelona.

According to Mundo Deportivo's Roger Torello, Coutinho is ready to stop taking the pitch for Liverpool. The Brazilian midfielder apparently doesn't want to miss the opportunity to play for Barcelona, and, at the risk of jeopardising his spot at the 2018 World Cup, will do the maximum to force the Reds to let him leave, since his decision to represent the Blaugrana is "more than taken."

Coutinho allegedly submitted a transfer request, but Liverpool said he missed the first leg of the Reds' tie against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on Tuesday due to a back injury. He reportedly believes he's always been honest and shown his respect for the English club and its supporters, which is why, after asking formally and amicably, he's raised his tone and is ready to sit in the stands all season if his exit isn't facilitated.
https://www.thescore.com/epl/news/13...-for-liverpool

Liverpool have made it clear that he wasnt for sale, they just signed a new contract, etc, etc. We all know how this goes.

But if I'm Liverpool and dont need the money I let him sit. Not in the stands. At home.

Stay at home. Dont train. Dont play.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #177
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Would you rather have 1 Neymar or 4 Sigurdssons

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #178
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
This is going to be interesting.

https://www.thescore.com/epl/news/13...-for-liverpool

Liverpool have made it clear that he wasnt for sale, they just signed a new contract, etc, etc. We all know how this goes.

But if I'm Liverpool and dont need the money I let him sit. Not in the stands. At home.

Stay at home. Dont train. Dont play.
Yeah they're going to sell I think. Then roll that cash into Lanzini and for their sake hopefully VVD. I know the fans like the idea of playing hardball and all that (and I feel the same with Rose at Spurs), but the truth is they will take the cash and move along.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #179
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ralph Kruger has again reiterated today that Southampton are not going to sell VVD this summer. They seem intent to prove a point and not get bent over by Liverpool yet again ... and with their new Chinese owner they have no financial need to sell either. Obviously a lot can happen in two weeks, but looks like they are really digging in their heels.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:13 PM   #180
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Ralph Kruger has again reiterated today that Southampton are not going to sell VVD this summer. They seem intent to prove a point and not get bent over by Liverpool yet again ... and with their new Chinese owner they have no financial need to sell either. Obviously a lot can happen in two weeks, but looks like they are really digging in their heels.
I think more of this needs to happen. The prices are getting insane.