Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2017, 05:53 AM   #221
nemanja2306
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-EqgHzLz0g
(this is from last night)

Welcome to Belgrade hell, Arsenal! This is going to be amazing, I am so going to the game. Damn, I am so freaking excited!
When they come to Belgrade they should visit Zvezda's museum to see how a CL trophy looks like. :P

A small, fun fact: Red Star eliminated Arsenal in the UEFA Cup in 1978, the deciding goal in London was scored by Dusan Savic whose son plays for Red Star today. Hopefully it is like father, like son.

Last edited by nemanja2306; 08-25-2017 at 06:13 AM.
nemanja2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #222
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dembele to Barcelona is done. €105m initially + €40m in add-ons.

The fact that most Dortmund fans are unhappy with that is just going to show you how crazy the market really is.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:47 AM   #223
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanja2306 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-EqgHzLz0g
(this is from last night)

Welcome to Belgrade hell, Arsenal! This is going to be amazing, I am so going to the game. Damn, I am so freaking excited!
When they come to Belgrade they should visit Zvezda's museum to see how a CL trophy looks like. :P

A small, fun fact: Red Star eliminated Arsenal in the UEFA Cup in 1978, the deciding goal in London was scored by Dusan Savic whose son plays for Red Star today. Hopefully it is like father, like son.
That's awesome! Have fun.

Question of ya. You note your location as Serbia. Is that current? How did you find our little forum, as I imagine a Flames fan? Appreciate your wisdom, localized and what not.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:58 AM   #224
nemanja2306
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
That's awesome! Have fun.

Question of ya. You note your location as Serbia. Is that current? How did you find our little forum, as I imagine a Flames fan? Appreciate your wisdom, localized and what not.
Yes, my current location is Serbia.

Actually, I used to live in Calgary. And, technically, I am a Canadian citizen. I started following the Flames in 2002, about the time Darryl was hired as our coach and I was hooked to the Flames immediately. The cup run the following year certainly helped.

I've been to a bunch of Flames games as well as couple of alumini games as well.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
nemanja2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nemanja2306 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2017, 10:39 AM   #225
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Dembele to Barcelona is done. €105m initially + €40m in add-ons.

The fact that most Dortmund fans are unhappy with that is just going to show you how crazy the market really is.
I dont know about that, I mean, you're right, the market is insane but the reason Dortmund fans are unhappy is very understandable.

Its not like they get a cut of the money or that tickets and beer are going to be cheaper and they can replace the quality of the player any time soon so their club just got a little richer and their team just got a little worse, for a fan thats a bad deal.

Liverpool fans are similar with Coutinho and its the same reason most clubs hate when Barca and Madrid come prowling around.

Much like the 'Mystery Box could be anything, even a boat' money can be anything but unlikely a better player....otherwise Barca would have bought that better player instead.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:44 AM   #226
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont know about that, I mean, you're right, the market is insane but the reason Dortmund fans are unhappy is very understandable.

Its not like they get a cut of the money or that tickets and beer are going to be cheaper and they can replace the quality of the player any time soon so their club just got a little richer and their team just got a little worse, for a fan thats a bad deal.

Liverpool fans are similar with Coutinho and its the same reason most clubs hate when Barca and Madrid come prowling around.

Much like the 'Mystery Box could be anything, even a boat' money can be anything but unlikely a better player....otherwise Barca would have bought that better player instead.
they're not unhappy because of any of that, they actually think the fee is too low.

Wonder what the the new Barca trio is, now that MSN is gone. LSD? LOL?
Old 08-25-2017, 10:47 AM   #227
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
they're not unhappy because of any of that, they actually think the fee is too low.

Wonder what the the new Barca trio is, now that MSN is gone. LSD? LOL?
I cant comment on that as I didnt really follow Dembele that much but isnt that fee in the top 3 or 5 World Record fees?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-25-2017, 12:12 PM   #228
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I cant comment on that as I didnt really follow Dembele that much but isnt that fee in the top 3 or 5 World Record fees?
yeah, #2 behind Neymar.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #229
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

That will be temporary though. Coutinho is still to go and then Mbappe sounds like his 20 games of experience are something like 140m Euros? I don't know what the numbers will end up at, but its a staggering amount of money being throw around in general.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:36 PM   #230
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
yeah, #2 behind Neymar.
Yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
That will be temporary though. Coutinho is still to go and then Mbappe sounds like his 20 games of experience are something like 140m Euros? I don't know what the numbers will end up at, but its a staggering amount of money being throw around in general.
Yeah, it seems like at some point UEFA is going to step in and do something because despite FIFA's best attempts the amount of money being thrown around has become unprecedented.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:03 AM   #231
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #232
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

They sort of had to but at the same time I dont think their restrictions are going to work in the case of PSG.

The Sheikh can just move money around from one loosely affiliated corporation to another and PSG gets the world's most expensive kit deal.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:58 AM   #233
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I did laugh at the "UEFA considers FFP to be a crucial governance mechanism which aims to ensure the financial sustainability of European club football" line. But they had to open this for sure. Didn't they spend in excess of $400m this summer? It's really beyond crazy money.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #234
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also conveniently started after it matters and not when they submitted the second insanely high purchase.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #235
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like James Rodriguez gets his first Bayern start in front of a very makeshift Bayern squad.

I cant remember the last time Bayern left both Hummels and Boateng on the bench. Its not like Anderlecht are complete pushovers.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #236
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

oh god, Pogba subbed off early, from what looks like a Hamstring injury.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #237
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

And here I was hoping that FK Qarabag could pull off the upset.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #238
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ahh, had to get Pogba off for Fellaini to head in that Young cross.

1-0 United.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #239
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Celtic are just getting fed...

Old 09-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #240
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Marcus Rashford has now scored debut goals in the Europa League, Premier League, EFL Cup, U21 national team, senior national team and Champions League. Simply unbelievable.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: