Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2017, 11:24 PM   #61
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I think I dislike Jessica more than Cody at this point.
I think we all know a Jessica, gets by on her looks and way to much confidence for someone so green.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:28 AM   #62
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jillian, any final words.

No.

Thanks for playing.

What a waste of a spot in the house. She's nominated and the first time we here from her in her eviction episode is her speech before the vote.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #63
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Jillian, any final words.

No.

Thanks for playing.

What a waste of a spot in the house. She's nominated and the first time we here from her in her eviction episode is her speech before the vote.
Yeah given the lack of words or anything said in her exit interview with Julie it's no wonder she didn't really connect with anyone in the house. You have to have some interpersonal skills.

Cody is smart. He was right about Paul as he's repeating what he did last season. However he's just trying to do too much too early and his social game is poor as he alienates people. Right now it doesn't appear many people can trust him in the house and for good reason as he hasn't shown to be a team player.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #64
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

After a little bit of Drama the first week I think this is gonna be another snoozer of a season.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:48 AM   #65
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

If you're looking for a prime example of someone who is bi-polar, look no further than Josh in this season
Lil Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:00 AM   #66
Guest1

I can't believe only Paul figured out you have to pay attention to the details on that challenge? Were they all trying to throw it or are they all that stupid?
There's something messed up about Cody... the way he just stares at everything with that RBF look gives me the creeps. And as much as I like Christmas, she laughs like an evil witch.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:28 AM   #67
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I wonder if Ramses has multiple personality disorder, is completely delusional or if production is influencing him heavily. Maybe all 3.

How he could go on and on and on about how he would never throw a comp, then clearly make no effort to throw the veto and then say he tried to throw it is mind boggling. And it isn't like he only lied to the houseguests. He was making impassioned pleas in the DR about how he tried to throw it. Dude, are you insane? Do you seriously not remember trying? Because it sure looked like you were trying. And you kept on saying before the comp, both publicly and in the DR, that you wouldn't throw it. WTF?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #68
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I wonder if Ramses has multiple personality disorder, is completely delusional or if production is influencing him heavily. Maybe all 3.

How he could go on and on and on about how he would never throw a comp, then clearly make no effort to throw the veto and then say he tried to throw it is mind boggling. And it isn't like he only lied to the houseguests. He was making impassioned pleas in the DR about how he tried to throw it. Dude, are you insane? Do you seriously not remember trying? Because it sure looked like you were trying. And you kept on saying before the comp, both publicly and in the DR, that you wouldn't throw it. WTF?
I think he tried to throw it, Paul beat him by almost 3 minutes and Paul did a fairly crappy job himself, getting 3 questions wrong. Ramses only got 1 question right and that was by accident. The other players were just completely incompetent. In Matt's case it looked like he was barely moving and really determined to not win. The others are just really bad.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #69
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why are these players on Pauls side so much?

I mean he has the immunity now, but if you go to the end with him you lose every time.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #70
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post

I mean he has the immunity now, but if you go to the end with him you lose every time.
It's still really early in the game, so keeping Paul around keeps a bigger target in the house and keeps you lower on the radar. Paul's a good ally and someone you can learn from when you're still a newb. Paul is also a lot of fun, and fun people last longer otherwise you're bored to death. Would you want to spend all your time talking to Josh for an entire summer? Paul is unlikely to be a bitter juror, and could make others in jury less bitter as well, so you at least want to get him that far. Finally, Paul has already received his temptation, so if you get rid of people who haven't then your odds go up.

That's a few reasons I would think keeping him makes sense. Probably best to ax him at 5 or 6 left, if someone else hasn't already done it.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #71
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Plus the dood is insanely hyperactive. He'd drive me mental if I was in the house with him. God he's tiring to watch sometimes.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #72
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:

From past seasons I'd guess that most people who are on big brother are egomaniacs. Even the quiet ones.

I think that most of them think so highly of themselves, they don't realize that other people would get the votes ahead of them.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #73
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
From past seasons I'd guess that most people who are on big brother are egomaniacs. Even the quiet ones.

I think that most of them think so highly of themselves, they don't realize that other people would get the votes ahead of them.
Yah. You just watch how the returnees do so well and just think to myself "Gee I wonder why?" but no one seems to care.

Also secret powers like Paul had really annoy me. If I am Cody I would be super pissed. Some BS power that the producers come up with and can easily manipulate essentially cost him the game. It would have been much better if Paul had to tell the house about the power.

If Cody knew he had that power, I doubt he puts up Christmas.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:04 PM   #74
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think Ramses genuinely tried to throw the comp and did a horrible job doing so. Paul's comments in the DR were interesting, I don't think he actually considered getting rid of Ramses at this point but he did mention it.

This week is a no brainer with Cody going but curious to see how Jessica plays after Cody leaves.
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #75
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Yah. You just watch how the returnees do so well and just think to myself "Gee I wonder why?" but no one seems to care.

Also secret powers like Paul had really annoy me. If I am Cody I would be super pissed. Some BS power that the producers come up with and can easily manipulate essentially cost him the game. It would have been much better if Paul had to tell the house about the power.

If Cody knew he had that power, I doubt he puts up Christmas.
I thought it was pretty funny that the curse this week's temptation was just dressing up and acting stupid.

I guarantee you that if it was different houseguests named, the curse would have been way worse.

Production knew Cody/Jess were screwed and didn't want to put them at even more of a game disadvantage. He's going home regardless tonight and I don't think they wanted to make it too easy for Paul.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #76
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Ramses could have probably beat Paul if he tried harder. That said he didn't totally tank it as for good measure he should have slowed his pace and stalled. The problem is that the rest of the contestants outside of Paul were truly terrible getting every question wring and if I was playing that competition and only got one question right I would have probably felt pretty good I wasn't going to win. That said he was way to wishy washy all week. Given that Cody's eviction was a near certainty he should have played along from the start saying he would not try to win the veto. It's one thing to promise your mom you won't throw a competition but not good strategy to tell the house as now nobody really knows if they can trust him in these types of situations. I chalk it up to a bit of immaturity as he looks like he's a bit young and hyper at times.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #77
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can anyone explain to me what Christmas didn't vote to evict Cody? I don't understand her vote.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #78
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Good question. Maybe she believes Cody about how he didn't act alone. Perhaps she knows there will be a battle back and wants to stay on Cody's good side. Maybe it was a warning shot to Ramses for being so sneaky all the time. Maybe she will deny doing it and wants to cast doubt in the house as to who is secretly aligned with Cody.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #79
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Maybe she was high on oxycontin.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2017, 11:01 AM   #80
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was to push the Dominque and Mark narrative in case they want to go that way. Paul, and by extension Christmas, wanted Cody out the most so no one was going to accuse Christmas and Kevin (another friend of Paul's) of being the wonky votes but they could blame it on Dom and Mark if they wanted to make a big move.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post: