Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #221
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

I think at this point the pecking order is
11. Cody
10. Mark
9. Elena
8. Raven/Matt
7. Raven/Matt
6. Kevin (based on his latest actions)
5. Josh
4. Christmas
3. Jason
2. Alex
1. Paul
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:38 AM   #222
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Watched the BB after dark for the first time, man is that ever boring. All they do for the entire 3 hours is sit around the house and make small talk. I guess I should have expected that. Cody socializes more than ppl think, in his own weird way. Most of them swear constantly in casual conversation. And apparently they all get paid what they would've made outside the house, which makes sense - taking 2-3 months off work might not be doable financially for some

I agree with the ranking above, until people start going after Paul it's his game to lose
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #223
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Watched the BB after dark for the first time, man is that ever boring. All they do for the entire 3 hours is sit around the house and make small talk. I guess I should have expected that. Cody socializes more than ppl think, in his own weird way. Most of them swear constantly in casual conversation. And apparently they all get paid what they would've made outside the house, which makes sense - taking 2-3 months off work might not be doable financially for some

I agree with the ranking above, until people start going after Paul it's his game to lose
Where did you hear that? Almost all of them quit their jobs to go on the show. They get a stipend ($750 a week a few years ago) for being on the show and then you make $8,000 if you make the jury. They don't get paid what they make outside of the house. A lot of these people barely have real jobs anyways. Then 1st gets $500,000, second gets $50,000 and Americas Favorite Player gets $25,000.

Last edited by Weitz; 08-15-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:27 AM   #224
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I think jury is now $15k. Then 10th to last gets a descending amount from about $9k down. Someone just posted a chart on reddit a few weeks ago.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they negotiate their stipend. Some of the people are recruited to be on the show. They may have been able to ask for more.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #225
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah I thought I read the pay part somewhere online but could be mistaken. After doing some digging it sounds like they get a stipend which may change every year. And some are recruited to be on the show as mentioned above. I know Cody (Calafiore) from a couple seasons ago was recruited as he mentioned it in an interview once.

Any guesses who was recruited for this season? I don't actually know but my guess would be Cody and possibly Christmas. And maybe Jessica
Old 08-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #226
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I think jury is now $15k. Then 10th to last gets a descending amount from about $9k down. Someone just posted a chart on reddit a few weeks ago.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they negotiate their stipend. Some of the people are recruited to be on the show. They may have been able to ask for more.
They have been talking all season on Jokers that it was $8k for jury this year and you get the same if come 3rd-whatever. Have a link to that Reddit thread?
Old 08-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #227
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Yeah I thought I read the pay part somewhere online but could be mistaken. After doing some digging it sounds like they get a stipend which may change every year. And some are recruited to be on the show as mentioned above. I know Cody (Calafiore) from a couple seasons ago was recruited as he mentioned it in an interview once.

Any guesses who was recruited for this season? I don't actually know but my guess would be Cody and possibly Christmas. And maybe Jessica
From my memory they have been talking on Jokers that all of them this year were either recruited or friends of past house guests. Not a single "try out". Recruited can mean that someone tried to get on another show on CBS and gets "recruited" for big brother though. I could. E remembering wrong though.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:41 PM   #228
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Idk I feel like it's likely some people like Cameron or Ramses tried out.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #229
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Cody gets a good edit! If only he could develop a social game.

Alex has gone full psycho bully and Paul keeps pulling the strings. She's without question the worst person in the house.

I know CBS will ever give us a true edit because they don't want show only watchers to know how scummy most people are, like Jason, but it is possible that just like BB 15 they can't hide it forever because the feed updates and social media have allowed people to catch on.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:22 PM   #230
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

It will be interesting to see if Cody goes home as planned or if they vote out Elena. If Elena stays Alex will push for her to go next week.

Edit - double eviction tomorrow, guessing Elena and Cody both will go home
Old 08-17-2017, 06:51 AM   #231
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Cody gets a good edit! If only he could develop a social game.

Alex has gone full psycho bully and Paul keeps pulling the strings. She's without question the worst person in the house.

I know CBS will ever give us a true edit because they don't want show only watchers to know how scummy most people are, like Jason, but it is possible that just like BB 15 they can't hide it forever because the feed updates and social media have allowed people to catch on.
What's wrong with Alex? I realize she's kind of brazen and was pissed off about Elena taking the $5k but otherwise I haven't really seen her prominent in any of the episodes where there was bullying going on.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:52 AM   #232
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I was referring to Alex on the feeds.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:39 AM   #233
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I was referring to Alex on the feeds.
car to elaborate? for those non feed watchers
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #234
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
car to elaborate? for those non feed watchers
Spoiler!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #235
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:19 AM   #236
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Kevin did tell people about his daughter and Jason said something along the lines of "no way, that's bs". Haven't been a fan of Cody's but man he deserves more than this.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:34 AM   #237
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh that sauce is weak. Pretty disappointed with Kevin for doing that.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #238
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not that Cody is a great person or anything but it's weird that I have found myself cheering for him to stay.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #239
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Not that Cody is a great person or anything but it's weird that I have found myself cheering for him to stay.
Yep, me too. Feels weird. The guy hasn't done himself many favours but certainly is not deserving of the rough treatment he's been getting.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #240
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I was pretty harsh on Cody until Jess left. His confidence and Alpha male dbag behaviour has all but disappeared and now he's just a broken war vet being subjected to mental torture by a bunch of self centered bullies.

I can't imagine what would have happened if Megan had stayed. I have to assume she'd have had a complete mental breakdown. Thank god she self evicted when she did.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: