Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-09-2017, 12:37 PM   #2721
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I get that she can change faces but where does she gain the foot in height required to clone Jamie? When she rips off the mask does her body shrink back down or something?
No one knows.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #2722
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I get that she can change faces but where does she gain the foot in height required to clone Jamie? When she rips off the mask does her body shrink back down or something?
I think it's sort of what Melisandre does with her glamouring. Who knows is probably the best answer.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #2723
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Apparently. That seemed to happen when she took off Walder Frey's face earlier this season.

It's magic. Magic is magical.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #2724
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
I assume it was Bronn who pushed Jamie L. out of the way of the dragon's fire. I wondered if Tyrion and co. will rescue/capture him from the water and either attempt to make a trade for Yara or ____.
Which Tyrion are you talking about? Tyrion L.?
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #2725
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
I think it's sort of what Melisandre does with her glamouring. Who knows is probably the best answer.
I always got the idea that glamouring just changed what the viewer saw. Melisandre was always a tiny old woman, but she was able to use her magic to convince others that she looked like a young beautiful woman.

I would assume that Arya's power works the same. She remains a teenage girl, but she just looks like whoever she wants. Do the masks even physically exist? I don't recall seeing piles of skin masks laying around when they are ripped off. Arya doesn't seem to need to carry around physical masks with her. We see people pulling off masks, but not actually carrying them around afterwards.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #2726
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
We have dragons and white walkers kicking ass and you're concerned with interest and credit ratings? I don't want to watch that episode lol.
Pretty much. Besides accountants, who exactly is the audience for that?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #2727
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Look. there are questions that need answering, like:

What is the going price for an ounce of Gold on the Westerosi Stock Exchange? Will they give you a better deal in Qarth for your trouble?

I find it hard to believe that the Lannisters financed the sheer volume of mayhem and carnage that they did on the back of a single wagon-full of Gold so this really raises serious questions about its value.

Evidently the preferred currency on the streets for secrets is candy, but what if I want a street urchin killed? Does that require Gold or will Silver suffice? How much?

If I have a few ingots of Valerian Steel can I parlay that into a decent blade of middle-range quality?

How much does Pigeon Pie cost?

There are lots of questions surrounding the Westerosi Economical Climate that have not been addressed!

And seeing as Accountants only travel by Helicopter and that technology still significantly eludes what is available within this time period then perhaps all of the accountants ride Dragons?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #2728
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I wonder what transfer pricing issues there are between Westeros and Essos?
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #2729
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I wonder what transfer pricing issues there are between Westeros and Essos?
I'm more interested in a cost/benefit analysis between the amount of carnage and destruction that a Dragon can perpetrate relative to the cost of feeding and keeping it. Is Dany coming out ahead?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-09-2017, 02:38 PM   #2730
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Ned Stark discovered that the Kingdom was 6 million Gold Dragons in debt when he became Hand. If each coin is an ounce that sounds like a lot more than a wagon load. That's 187.5 tons of gold.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:38 PM   #2731
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Ned Stark discovered that the Kingdom was 6 million Gold Dragons in debt when he became Hand. If each coin is an ounce that sounds like a lot more than a wagon load. That's 187.5 tons of gold.
That'd have to be one hell of a wagon.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #2732
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Look. there are questions that need answering, like:

What is the going price for an ounce of Gold on the Westerosi Stock Exchange? Will they give you a better deal in Qarth for your trouble?

I find it hard to believe that the Lannisters financed the sheer volume of mayhem and carnage that they did on the back of a single wagon-full of Gold so this really raises serious questions about its value.

Evidently the preferred currency on the streets for secrets is candy, but what if I want a street urchin killed? Does that require Gold or will Silver suffice? How much?

If I have a few ingots of Valerian Steel can I parlay that into a decent blade of middle-range quality?

How much does Pigeon Pie cost?

There are lots of questions surrounding the Westerosi Economical Climate that have not been addressed!

And seeing as Accountants only travel by Helicopter and that technology still significantly eludes what is available within this time period then perhaps all of the accountants ride Dragons?
I don't see how we can have any of these discussions without first going into the build quality of the wagon used to transport the gold. We have no real idea what the transport capacity of any single wagon is, thus making any conclusions about the value of a wagon full of gold moot.

I'd also feel more comfortable knowing about the smelting technology available. What do we really know about the purity of this gold?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #2733
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Looks like Locke and I are the only Iron Bank finance truthers. We're just trying to expose the lazy writing and story construction this season.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:43 PM   #2734
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
A storyline about accountants would have been more interesting and relevant than all that Sand Snake and Waif crap or yet another rebellion against Dany in Essos, a continent we'll probably never see again.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #2735
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess this verifies beyond a shadow of a doubt that 1 week is too much time between episodes.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 02:47 PM   #2736
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I don't see how we can have any of these discussions without first going into the build quality of the wagon used to transport the gold. We have no real idea what the transport capacity of any single wagon is, thus making any conclusions about the value of a wagon full of gold moot.

I'd also feel more comfortable knowing about the smelting technology available. What do we really know about the purity of this gold?
Very true, good points, we have to go right to the roots on this.

Schematics of the wagon as well as invoices detailing the cost of the wagon's construction.

Lets be honest, if you're building a 'Gold-Hauling' Wagon you dont scrimp on the specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
Looks like Locke and I are the only Iron Bank finance truthers. We're just trying to expose the lazy writing and story construction this season.
Precisely, did you see that Iron Bank guy? He doesnt even drink!! You ever met an Accountant or Banker that doesnt drink?

Didnt think so.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #2737
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #2738
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you guys ruined the thread
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #2739
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Do debts reset to zero if you die and are brought back to life by a Red Priest?
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:01 PM   #2740
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
That'd have to be one hell of a wagon.
I believe there were quite a few wagons. When they were talking about the grain wagons being ready to cross the blackwater for entrance to King's Landing, I'm pretty sure they said the gold wagons (plural) had already crossed.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote