Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #81
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Season 2 premiere is on now on Twitter via Snappy TV

-- except it's not playing for me. It's on USA Network's website, in what appears to be a youtube stream -- but 'The uploader has not made this video available in your county'. :|
Yup. It's region protected as always.

It should be up on alternate stream sources now though.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:05 PM   #82
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Watched the teaser yesterday and it was great. Forgot how good this show is. Set up to be a super intense season.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:35 PM   #83
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Watched the season premiere last night. I recommend rewatching the first season before you do because I had a hard time remembering who a lot of the minor characters were.

Really good start to the season though. I forgot how much I loved this show's style and tone.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:49 AM   #84
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Well that was intense. Just finished the 2 part premier, and it's gonna take awhile to sink in. The shot of burning money with Phil Collins playing in the background was awesome though
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:55 AM   #85
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

A theory from reddit that makes total sense now after reflection

Spoiler!
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:22 AM   #86
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
A theory from reddit that makes total sense now after reflection

Spoiler!
I hope not cause that's really taking the show off the deep end with the "what's real and what's not real" angle and it would be overkill if not done right. I mean as a viewer you'd lose all ability to trust that anything you see in the show is actually happening.

My thoughts:

Spoiler!
Old 07-19-2016, 06:52 PM   #87
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

My thoughts:

Spoiler!

Last edited by AcGold; 07-19-2016 at 07:31 PM.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:54 PM   #88
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

The writers are trying to portray that everything is an illusion and we can leave the illusion at anytime. But we like our prisons. It's another Matrix like point of view.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:24 PM   #89
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Spoiler!
Old 07-20-2016, 10:12 AM   #90
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Not putting this in spoilers since it's wild speculation, and you shouldn't come into a thread about a show like this if you don't want to discuss theories.

Craig Robinson's character is some kind of counsillor or treatment provider? The whole part about them seeing eye to eye. And how would Elliot even have met that guy outside of the basketball court? I guess it's also possible he's a delusion, but that's strange. Or maybe he's in on the Mr. Robot hack and was instructed to meet at the basketball court. He could also be a police officer.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #91
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Not putting this in spoilers since it's wild speculation, and you shouldn't come into a thread about a show like this if you don't want to discuss theories.

Craig Robinson's character is some kind of counsillor or treatment provider? The whole part about them seeing eye to eye. And how would Elliot even have met that guy outside of the basketball court? I guess it's also possible he's a delusion, but that's strange. Or maybe he's in on the Mr. Robot hack and was instructed to meet at the basketball court. He could also be a police officer.
I thought he was a therapist too but I mean the show has to eventually get Elliot back into hacking so I'm starting to think he's legit. Maybe trying to manipulate Elliot as he knows he's sick.

Brilliantly cast in my opinion.

Last edited by polak; 07-20-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #92
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Elliot is in a beta version of the Matrix and it is glitchy as hell. My theory, anyway.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:15 AM   #93
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Elliott high as a kite was classic. Seeming like the jail symbolism was mostly allusion now.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:56 AM   #94
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This show...frustrating, infuriating, sometimes boring, fascinating, riveting, brilliant. Sometimes it even transcends time and space like when Elliot let it all loose at his support group. Rami Malek's acting
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:13 AM   #95
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stupid PVR cut off almost 15 minutes of this week's episode. I recorded the rebroadcast thinking it had just cut off the last few seconds, but then it kept going.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:10 PM   #96
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

This show. Wow. I cant describe why I thought that episode was great, but it was. Its just every part of it feels like its part of something bigger. Then there's the acting and writing which is probably some of thr best on television.

Why arent more people watching this.

Last edited by polak; 07-21-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:36 PM   #97
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Anyone notice the reference to Pump Up The Volume in the last episode?

Happy Harry Hardon was what Christian Slater's DJ character called himself.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2016, 01:29 PM   #98
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Watched the first 3 episodes of this season. I am finding it pretty boring so far.

Season 1 was great, but I am not sure since the audience knows the 'mystery' behind mr. robot if there is much meat left on the bone.

I hope they can somehow stop spending 2/3 of the episodes dealing with his inner battle with his split personality.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greyshep For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2016, 01:43 PM   #99
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
Watched the first 3 episodes of this season. I am finding it pretty boring so far.

Season 1 was great, but I am not sure since the audience knows the 'mystery' behind mr. robot if there is much meat left on the bone.

I hope they can somehow stop spending 2/3 of the episodes dealing with his inner battle with his split personality.
I look at Episode 1 (pt 1 & 2) and Episode 2 as setting the stage for the season. You can't just jump in with crazy stuff happening right off the bat. Elliot just had the mother of all mental breakdowns, how believable would it have been if he was just immediately back to old Elliot hacking away on some new scam?

Last edited by polak; 07-27-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:21 PM   #100
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post

I hope they can somehow stop spending 2/3 of the zepisodes dealing with his inner battle with his split personality.

The show is incredibly complex and requires careful consideration. His personality issues are a metaphor for modern society and play an integral role in the philosophy being presented. His imaginary friend is analogous to fiat/digital currency. A fundamental flaw that can not be managed or reasoned with.

Elliott struggles with Mr. Robot the same way in which Mr. Robot struggles with society. Eternally fighting an illusion is about as cerebral a conflict one could create.

Last edited by AcGold; 07-27-2016 at 11:27 PM.