Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2024, 12:18 PM   #7501
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I actually lucked out, I bought the Humble bundle and then got the DLC separately when it was still on sale for $25. So $40 total for Midnight Suns complete plus all of the other games. I was going to recommend that route but saw that the season pass isn't on sale anymore by itself. I know sometimes if you already own a game on Steam and purchase pack with it included, the price is reduced, so that might be an option to upgrade to the full edition if you did buy MS from the Humble bundle
I bought the bundle and then tried to buy the legendary edition for the DLC but it wouldn’t let me because it said I already owned it. I’ve never seen that before. Usually you get a discounted price for the stuff in the bundle like you said. I removed the game from my account and then I was able to buy it. Not as great of a deal as you got but still good enough for me because I’m getting those other games.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 12:39 PM   #7502
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

The Steam sale is over but Epic's 33% off coupons are still good until the 10th. Still hunting for something to spend it on. Too bad it won't apply to DLC for the games I'm currently invested in.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 01:30 PM   #7503
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gamestop has Advance Wars for 50%.
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 04:23 PM   #7504
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Metropolis 1998 is even cooler than I first thought. You can design the buildings including their interior layout.

DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2024, 08:07 PM   #7505
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm about 75% done Lies of P and it's a great game in my opinion. I don't remember hearing much about it on here, but maybe I missed the conversation. Anyone else played this and have any thoughts?

This is only my second soulsborne type game, but I'm enjoying it more than Elden Ring so far (but that's likely not the popular opinion).

I like that it's not open world, but there is still enough exploring to keep it interesting. Elden Ring broke me on open worlds. It's just too big. Wandering around in a blizzard for days looking for who knows what was the final straw.

Another plus for me is that the story is easier to follow and more interesting. Also the number of 'souls' (ergo in LoP) to level up eventually stops going up, even though stronger enemies keep dropping more. So if I'm having trouble with something I can grind a few levels to help with that much quicker/easier than in Elden Ring. The mix and match weapon assembly system is also fun.

Anyway, interested to hear if anyone else liked this game!
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2024, 11:21 PM   #7506
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yeah saw a few videos of Lies of P, and I think I'll give it a try.

Have been giving Dead Island 2 a try, and it's pretty decent so far. Scratches the open world itch and who doesn't like killing zombies. Different play styles from choosing a different main character, then they do a pretty good job of slowly introducing new enemy types and weapon types and other stuff to keep things interesting for a good while. Fun playing with environmental hazards to zap or fry or melt them. Lots of exploration and going back to unlock safes or whatever and get weapon upgrades.

Seems like there could be a lot of different ways to play but I find the basic weapons strong enough, a good bat to the head always works.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:04 PM   #7507
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hell Let Loose is on GamePass now. I am having a lot of fun with the the WWII Mil-Sim.

I recommend it to anyone who enjoys FPS'. Just don't go in thinking it's anything like CoD or BF.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2024, 04:10 PM   #7508
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I just started playing Breath of the Wild for the first time. My 5 yr old daughter saw me playing and has taken a liking to it, so we are playing together so far. We are going through it rather slow to say the least, but it’s very fun so far!
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2024, 05:05 PM   #7509
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been playing Robocop Rogue City for the last day and a bit. The game itself reminds me of games from the PS2 era where there was a lot more, smaller scope games getting made. They do the Robocop source material justice, and the tank-like movement of Robocop makes for a fun change of pace compared to other FPS games. I miss this "size" of game. It's not some massive 100 hour game or some soul/time-stealing live service game. It's just fun.

Definitely recommended, but probably at the ~$30 range unless you're a huge Robocop/80s Action fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Hell Let Loose is on GamePass now. I am having a lot of fun with the the WWII Mil-Sim.

I recommend it to anyone who enjoys FPS'. Just don't go in thinking it's anything like CoD or BF.
That game is fantastic. Make sure you stay in the in-game chat channel. Such a cool, unique game.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2024, 06:50 PM   #7510
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

^Yeah, Robocop is pretty fun. Solid in all areas, but not truly amazing at anything in particular. Just...solid all around. Ended up watching the first 2 Robocop movies afterwards and was pleasantly surprised how well the game captured a lot of the characters and environments.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 08:16 AM   #7511
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I tried playing it but got kinda bored after a while.. but I can see for someone who's a real fan the game would be a gem, the ppl that made it really loved the franchise.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:20 PM   #7512
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Finished Lies of P tonight. It’s a great game! If you liked Elden Ring, you should like this too. Highly recommend!
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 02:12 PM   #7513
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Prob way better than starfield.. haha
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2024, 02:23 PM   #7514
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post

Prob way better than starfield.. haha
I was going to ask why it looked like garbage, like worse than Fallout 3 and the ancient Gamebryo engine...but this is just a fan mod for FO4.

I can't seem to enjoy the Fallout universe anymore. It just doesn't make sense for me.

I did appreciate the more straight-forward universe of Starfield whereas Fallout just feels kind of juvenile with it's parodic humor and alternative history stuck in the 50s.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 02:43 PM   #7515
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
I was going to ask why it looked like garbage, like worse than Fallout 3 and the ancient Gamebryo engine...but this is just a fan mod for FO4.

I can't seem to enjoy the Fallout universe anymore. It just doesn't make sense for me.

I did appreciate the more straight-forward universe of Starfield whereas Fallout just feels kind of juvenile with it's parodic humor and alternative history stuck in the 50s.
I kind of have an opposite take.. i found starfield to be way too safe / soft for my liking. But agreed I'm not sure how I'd feel about returning to the fallout 4 world this day and age
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 02:47 PM   #7516
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Am I the only one that didn't know about the God of War Ragnarok Valhalla expansion that's free in the PS Store?
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 02:59 PM   #7517
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Am I the only one that didn't know about the God of War Ragnarok Valhalla expansion that's free in the PS Store?
It's really fun, but it suffers from some stability issues. I tried to play it and had 3 runs ruined by game freezes/crashes.

Roguelikes are one genre where you absolutely cannot have this happen in.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 12:59 AM   #7518
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, the progression in Soulstone Survivors is . . . crazy. If achievements and grinding enjoyment is your thing, definitely a game to get.
Old 01-14-2024, 11:54 AM   #7519
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2024, 08:34 PM   #7520
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Holy ####.

Ogre Battle is in my top 3 games of all time. The 64 version was decent to but the OG SNES then PS remaster are so good.

This looks amazing thanks for this. I am glad I just found it a few months before release.