Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2023, 11:14 AM   #1321
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just received an email from Rogers noting the have ported my cell contract and assigned 5 new numbers.

I did not agree to anything yet.

Whats the best way to deal with them. In person at a store or online.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:41 PM   #1322
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're going to have to go into a store again, I guess. Got a "cold text" from some yahoo in the Signal Hill store, calling me by my husband's name & letting me know there were a few options to upgrade my phone. I was....impolite, with my response. Don't fecking spam me, you turds. Blocked the number.

So, that means my number they mistakenly assigned to my husband and mine to his and made mine the primary. Yeah no, ya wankers. Can you get ANYTHING right?

The one positive to the previously mentioned 5 hour ordeal is that they effed everything up so badly, that we ended up with a credit and no bill this last billing period. Good. Cool beans. No bill is not a problem.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:32 PM   #1323
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have received calls from Shaw Together with Rogers to tell me my contract is up in November and I should lock in for a better price now to avoid the price from jumping up.

They told me the price... it was $35/month more than my current price. When I questioned that they put me on hold to talk to a supervisor and came back "Yeah, that's the best price we can give you".

I remember two years ago they called me and the price was going up, but not by a huge amount and then I brushed them off and called a few weeks later and got a better plan for $5 less per month (or something very close to that). They wanted to retain me and they gave me a price that would keep me.

I'm worried that since Shaw is owned by Rogers that they won't care about retention. Then I'm screwed because Telus can't get fibre in my neighborhood and 75 Mbps is too slow for me to work from home, especially when the kids are home from school too.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:36 PM   #1324
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I was confused about the first email I got about porting over, I called in and got clear answers very quickly FWIW.
Old 09-14-2023, 02:50 PM   #1325
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I was confused about the first email I got about porting over, I called in and got clear answers very quickly FWIW.
The email I got said they'd be mailing me a package, but that was August 1st or something. I guess I should call before I get black holed.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 08:56 AM   #1326
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

They are shipping me 5 new sim cards apparently...

I will check in when I get them I guess to ensure contracts and pricing are maintained.

My email said guaranteed pricing and contracts for 5 years.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:06 AM   #1327
photon

Exp:

I just got my sim cards so will be switching soon, have to setup my the MyRogers account first I think.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:10 AM   #1328
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I just got my sim cards so will be switching soon, have to setup my the MyRogers account first I think.
Did you have to contact them, or did they just send them out?
Old 09-15-2023, 11:01 AM   #1329
photon

Exp:

They just sent them out. They emailed me over a month ago saying that I'd be moved over and then the past few days started getting emails about it. I did happen to call in because I was confused about the new account type (turned out to be fine, my kid has a different account than me) and she did mention that the cards were in the process of being sent, but she didn't trigger anything they were already being scheduled to be sent.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2023, 11:13 AM   #1330
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice, thanks. I'll just sit tight and see if they show up.
Old 09-18-2023, 10:53 AM   #1331
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

If you were on Shaw Mobile's 25 gigs per month plan for $25, you basically get that for 5 years, but on the Rogers network (which is infinitely superior, and available outside of cities). It's a crazy good upgrade. I'm not one for monopolies... but I'll allow it this time.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 06:36 AM   #1332
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it easier just to transfer at a Rodgers retail location or just wait for the SIM cards? I got the email over a month ago and still haven't received SIM cards in the mail.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 06:44 AM   #1333
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Is it easier just to transfer at a Rodgers retail location or just wait for the SIM cards? I got the email over a month ago and still haven't received SIM cards in the mail.
My sim cards should arrive today, they got sent out Friday and I received the same email as you back on August 1st or so. Maybe sit tight this week?
Old 09-20-2023, 10:53 AM   #1334
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I just recieved an email saying my new rogers account and phone number is active. Does this mean I can't port my old number? I haven't reached out to them yet for any account switch as of yet this email just showed up.
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 11:03 AM   #1335
photon

Exp:

I think that's just a temporary number until the sim card is replaced and the port is completed, my email had an unrecognized phone # too. Though I haven't finished the process yet.
Old 09-20-2023, 11:10 AM   #1336
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, I got that as well just before my sim cards got sent out. I've got them now, just need to find time to call.
Old 09-20-2023, 11:25 AM   #1337
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Ya, I got that as well just before my sim cards got sent out. I've got them now, just need to find time to call.
Phewf! I had a small panic attack that I needed to figure out a new phone number.
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 11:32 AM   #1338
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

No need! I think one of the earlier emails told you not to panic, it is temporary.
Old 09-21-2023, 05:48 PM   #1339
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just got a bill for one of my kid's lines and they list the old Shaw plan as a Promotion/Discount and under it there's a monthly fee for wireless services of $100. Also they never provided a complete account number as all the documents only list the last three digits of the account.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 07:47 PM   #1340
photon

Exp:

I finally got my account number on the letter with the SIM card, everything else it was just the last digits.

Not sure about the charge I haven't switched yet. I was going to do it tonight but procrastination wins.