Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #781
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
The minigun is one of the worst guns in the game. Even fully upgraded it's sucks compared to even an automatic combat rifle. Such a letdown when I learned how useless it was after wanting to stomp around with a big ass chaingun
I use it to kill turrets. I used to use the Junk Jet but that thing is very inaccurate. Not that the minigun is accurate, but at least you're not topping the thing up every hour with whatever junk is in your inventory too.

It's too bad you can't load the Junk Jet with grenades. Not THAT would be fun.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:57 PM   #782
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/AllCheapGnatcatcher.webm
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #783
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
The minigun is one of the worst guns in the game. Even fully upgraded it's sucks compared to even an automatic combat rifle. Such a letdown when I learned how useless it was after wanting to stomp around with a big ass chaingun
It seems any fully automatic gun has some pretty sketchy statistics. The .45 SMG seemed like such a great idea until you get a Combat Rifle and you realize its damage is just pathetic.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:35 AM   #784
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Getting the perk to allow fast travel while over-encumbered made this game so so so much more enjoyable.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:36 AM   #785
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Getting the perk to allow fast travel while over-encumbered made this game so so so much more enjoyable.
There's a Perk for that??!!?
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:37 AM   #786
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
There's a Perk for that??!!?
Yea, it's under strength. Strong Back rank 4.
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #787
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
Yea, it's under strength. Strong Back rank 4.
Thanks, couldn't remember the name. Ran around doing side quests from level 27-30 just leveling up to get it.

Anybody get the Gauss rifle? I found one place online that claims you can get it...
Spoiler!
Old 12-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #788
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't remember where I got the Gauss rifle. Is it rare? Ammo isn't plentiful but it's extremely powerful.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:17 AM   #789
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

My game won't render my haircut of facial hair anymore. The actual hair shows up, but any stubble is gone. I'm not 100% sure when it disappeared, but getting a haircut doesn't work.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:27 PM   #790
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

What did you name your guns?

- Sloppy Seconds
- Swiss Cheese
- A$$ Salt
- Cheese Grater
- Renegade
- Tubs (Fat Man)

The dash in the front is in the game too. It keeps my guns on the top of the list.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:00 PM   #791
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://kotaku.com/guy-beats-fallout-...rea-1749882569

To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #792
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I did the Constitution mission and got the Broadsider... Now I can shoot cannon balls at stuff

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -TC- For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 03:41 PM   #793
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I picked up this game a couple days ago I'm finding it pretty challenging. I've never played a Fallout game before so maybe I'm just not used to the systems.

I'm still early on (level 4) but I find I can't even complete the early quests because I run out of ammo. Should I be scavenging a lot early on to build up my supplies? Where do I get guns and ammo? Also, it seems any of the random encounters I have when wandering around, I get killed pretty easily.

Any tips on how I can set myself up for more success?

Also, that armour suit you get early on, are you supposed to wear it everywhere, or just for certain situations?

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:46 PM   #794
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
Also, that armour suit you get early on, are you supposed to wear it everywhere, or just for certain situations?
I only wore it for the initial mission you need it on. Then used power armour for one other mission.

As far as ammo goes, are you using VATS? Or playing it like a first person shooter?
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #795
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I only wore it for the initial mission you need it on. Then used power armour for one other mission.

As far as ammo goes, are you using VATS? Or playing it like a first person shooter?
I've been mixing it up with VATS and just playing normal FPS. Maybe I haven't levelled up enough because it seems like a lot of shots are missing when I use VATS.

Also, is there a way to leave the dog behind somewhere? I find he actually gets in the way at times.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #796
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm still early on (level 4) but I find I can't even complete the early quests because I run out of ammo. Should I be scavenging a lot early on to build up my supplies? Where do I get guns and ammo? Also, it seems any of the random encounters I have when wandering around, I get killed pretty easily.
Best place to find ammo is by looting bodies and searching drawers, safes or any other storage place. I took a couple ranks of the "Scrounger" perk as soon as possible so I'm never low on ammo. Take any ammo you find, not just stuff that your guns use. It weighs nothing and you can sell it later.

Quote:
I honestly never wear it. I abandoned it on the side of a road after the first time I used it and never went back.
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 09:04 PM   #797
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've been mixing it up with VATS and just playing normal FPS. Maybe I haven't levelled up enough because it seems like a lot of shots are missing when I use VATS.

Also, is there a way to leave the dog behind somewhere? I find he actually gets in the way at times.
Are you paying attention to the numbers on the body parts you're aiming at? The higher the number the more likely you are to hit. If you're taking mostly VATS headshots with a 30% chance to hit, that's why you'd be missing a lot. Also watch if enemies are backing into coverage, etc.

Yes you can leave Dogmeat. walk up to him and press the interact button. You'll have the option to trade, or command him (follow, stay, etc).
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 11:05 PM   #798
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Are you paying attention to the numbers on the body parts you're aiming at? The higher the number the more likely you are to hit. If you're taking mostly VATS headshots with a 30% chance to hit, that's why you'd be missing a lot. Also watch if enemies are backing into coverage, etc.

Yes you can leave Dogmeat. walk up to him and press the interact button. You'll have the option to trade, or command him (follow, stay, etc).
Yeah I put in a few more hours today and figured that out. I made my way to diamond city and started opening up more of the quests and found some better weapons, I think I'm getting the hang of things now. Thanks for the tips.

Pretty amazing game.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:58 AM   #799
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So I picked up this game a couple days ago I'm finding it pretty challenging. I've never played a Fallout game before so maybe I'm just not used to the systems.

Any tips on how I can set myself up for more success?

Many early game quests are harder because you don't have much going for you. I'd suggest you keep an automatic Pipe something on hand as pipe ammunition is plentiful and will give you something to fall back on until you get a stockpile of 10mm for your starting pistol. On the same note, always take ammunition. It's weightless (and honestly fun when you start wielding 1000+ bullets late game) and raiders drop so much .38 ammunition you'll always have some on hand.

I'd also recommend using VATS for some easy targets as your manual aim will often trump it at a distance.

Avoiding random encounters will likely use the stealth mechanic. Just stick in sneak mode and you'll be harder to spot as well as avoid ambushes. The downside being you'll move much slower. Also stick to the roads. Insects are much more frequent in plains and mud.

The power suit is something you'll only use on very special occasions early. You'll need to find more Fusion Cores and, through a whole game's worth of playing, I've got about 70. Each one drains very quick if you use it in combat (you probably saw that against the Deathclaw) and repairs to it require some pretty special materials. Later on, you can use it a lot (visiting the Glowing Sea with it and the Hazmat suit is one way to pretty much ignore the radiation). I don't as it really doesn't work well with my stealth build.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:01 AM   #800
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

One tip I learned wayy too late was that when you're picking perks, the perk above is not a requirement for the one below. All that matters is that you have enough skill points in that category, then you can pick it. I ended up using a lot of perks just to 'get' to a few things, like scrounger etc. But I totally didn't have to. Burn!
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fallout 4 , nuka cola , the lone wanderer