Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who gets the Lucille treatment
Glenn 34 61.82%
Maggie 0 0%
Abraham 8 14.55%
Michonne 1 1.82%
Darryl 6 10.91%
Rosita 2 3.64%
Morgan 1 1.82%
Coral 2 3.64%
Carol 1 1.82%
Someone else 0 0%
No one 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:
Default *SPOILER* The *SPOILER* Walking *SPOILER* Dead - *THREAD*(Warning- comic spoilers)

This thread is about the AMC show The Walking Dead. Anything is fair game in here up until the current release of the comics, no spoilers necessary for anything. If you have not read the comics and/or do not want any plot points to be possibly spoiled, please exit thread now.

Last chance.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 02-12-2015 at 03:25 PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I really liked that episode last night, and it will be interesting to see how things play out. The prison was handled a lot better than in the comics. I always thought it was weird that they were just so friendly with these prisoners, trusting even. I guess when the world has gone apocoliptic you are less worried about something a society created that no longer exists..

But Rick was just spot on, no hesitation, he did everything he could to help them, and at the end of the day it was putting his group at risk. So he did what needed to be done.

Herschell also seems to be going the route of Dale..

Woodbury is next, I wonder how they will handle the massive rape scene between the Governer and sword chick..

Also it is nice to have our own thread, that is tear free!

Last edited by GreenLantern; 10-22-2012 at 10:38 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think had the leader of the prisoners not been so stand-offish at the start Rick would have been a little less hard ass with him. Right away the guy is pretty much telling Rick to take his group and go. For sure it was either Rick or him, and that guy had no idea that Rick is a stone cold bad ass.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
HELPNEEDED
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I think had the leader of the prisoners not been so stand-offish at the start Rick would have been a little less hard ass with him. Right away the guy is pretty much telling Rick to take his group and go. For sure it was either Rick or him, and that guy had no idea that Rick is a stone cold bad ass.

Thats from yestedays episode.
HELPNEEDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Thats true I never thought about that, these guys didn't know how it was outside. They still thought there was hospitals and police. I don't think they grasped the entire situation until the last two were abandoned in their cell block.

The world has changed and so have the people in it.. the prisoners in the prison are the last truly 'innocent' people left in the world. A little irony there, you think he was trying to get that deep?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I like how they use elements from the comics but change it up.

It was Rick that uses the zombie attack as a chance to kill the "unruly" prisoner. Whereas in the show it's Tomas that tries to use the confusion to off Rick.

I am wondering if that sniveler will kill Beth, similar to the sociopath that cuts the heads off Herschel's youngest daughters or if he'll be the redneck prisoner from the comics.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I could make a suggestion, this thread might get more traffic if comic spoilers were limited to just the first 48 issues. Everyone is reading the comics at a different pace and through different means. Some people don't read the individual issues, but wait for the 6 issue collections, which are only up to issue #96 right now.

If a person is caught up to issue #96, they can certainly participate in most of the discussion comparing the tv series to the comics, but might still avoid the thread in case someone mentions something from issue #100.

Allowing spoilers up to the end of issue #48 would cover everything in the prison and Governor storylines, so we could still discuss things that are likely to happen on the show in the near future (likely the next two seasons, at least).

That said, I'm not suggesting anyone police the thread pointing out that someone mentioned something that happened in issue #52 of the comic, but all the major plot points and character deaths and such should be pretty easy to remember if they happened after the prison or not.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I thought about this and it is a good point. I have read right up until issue 103, so I am good to go. But a lot of people haven't, maybe we should try and keep it lined up with the TV series?

It won't be an easy task... but we can still discuss anything after that point with the use of spoilers? I was working just fine in the other thread with spoilers, but I understand why others don't want them in there at all.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I like how they use elements from the comics but change it up.

It was Rick that uses the zombie attack as a chance to kill the "unruly" prisoner. Whereas in the show it's Tomas that tries to use the confusion to off Rick.

I am wondering if that sniveler will kill Beth, similar to the sociopath that cuts the heads off Herschel's youngest daughters or if he'll be the redneck prisoner from the comics.
i doubt we'll see one of the prisoners go sociopath. there aren't as many people that made it to the prison in the TV series as there was in the comics, so if you kill off Herschel's youngest daughter then there's no one to fill Sophia's role of being Carl's friend (unless they want to dehumanize Carl completely). my guess is that the black prisoner (the one not afraid of being shot in the head by Rick) becomes a permanent member of the group, and the redneck ends up as fodder when the showdown happens with the Governor
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
i doubt we'll see one of the prisoners go sociopath. there aren't as many people that made it to the prison in the TV series as there was in the comics, so if you kill off Herschel's youngest daughter then there's no one to fill Sophia's role of being Carl's friend (unless they want to dehumanize Carl completely). my guess is that the black prisoner (the one not afraid of being shot in the head by Rick) becomes a permanent member of the group, and the redneck ends up as fodder when the showdown happens with the Governor
They already have a token big black character though! Two won't survive!
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
wait, WTF are you doing in this thread?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #12
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
wait, WTF are you doing in this thread?
I'm totally caught up on the comics, issue 102. I just get a little tired of going into the main thread and seeing 75% of a page in spoiler tags. When discussing the TV show there really isn't a need to bring up the differences in the comics all the time.

Plus, I have to get caught up on things I notice GreenLantern is into, I don't want him nerd-raging and PM'ing me spoilers again.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Merle will kill T-Dog for leaving him on the roof and the other guy will take his place. He'll become Tyrese sans professional football.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #14
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The comics are getting kind of boring. I guess a never ending zombie story does have it's limits. The best part of the whole series is still the prison and the governor.
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anybody ever read Rise of the Governor. It's a novel about how the governor comes to be. It's pretty good and has a decent twist at the end.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Anybody ever read Rise of the Governor. It's a novel about how the governor comes to be. It's pretty good and has a decent twist at the end.
I read it - found the book a little hard to get into at first but by the end I thought the story was pretty good. The sequel, The Road To Woodbury, was just released right around the start of season 3, going to be sure to check that one out soon.
JerzeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JerzeeGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #17
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have the book at home waiting for me to crack open. With it being winter I will probably start reading it soon.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #18
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Well that was an interesting episode. I was just waiting for them to show his daughter chained up and for everyone to go OMG THAT SICK SOB, then they showed all these heads. Which is pretty disturbing as well, but a bit different.

It is pretty cool to read the comics, get one story line, then watch the show and see how someone else would do it. I am glad they have deviated this much but kept some of the core elements the same.

If Andrea is with the Governor... who will snipe all of his men from the guard tower?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #19
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Well that was an interesting episode. I was just waiting for them to show his daughter chained up and for everyone to go OMG THAT SICK SOB, then they showed all these heads. Which is pretty disturbing as well, but a bit different.

It is pretty cool to read the comics, get one story line, then watch the show and see how someone else would do it. I am glad they have deviated this much but kept some of the core elements the same.

If Andrea is with the Governor... who will snipe all of his men from the guard tower?
Carl. that would be badass
Old 10-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #20
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

I was sooooo waiting to see Penny & just slightly disappointed that they seem to have decided against that storyline for the governor - there's something so creepy about the kids who are zombies (like the little girl in episode 1 or Sophia).
JerzeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote