Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-31-2020, 03:37 PM   #1221
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
I absolutely love the 3D pulse headset, instead of the ear cups being adjustable there's a rubber'ish headband that is extremely comfortable. The best feature that isn't on most headsets including the SS Arctic is the ability to turn up voice chat VS game sound.

Playing NHL 21 I'm able to listen to Spotify & talk with friends while drowning out the annoying commentary, lol. Then while playing Ghost of Tsushima or even better Cyberpunk, I can turn up the game sounds to hear the absurdly funny conversations the npc's are having, lol.
I'm not sure you have the right info on the SS Arctis 9x, they have a game/voice chat balance dial on the left earcup.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 08:23 PM   #1222
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
I'm not sure you have the right info on the SS Arctis 9x, they have a game/voice chat balance dial on the left earcup.
Yep, that's correct. On the left cup of my Arctis 9x there is a volume adjust for chat/game sound. I didn't know what the heck it was for the longest time and I was wondering why game audio coming out of the headphones was at such a low volume.

My comment on comfort might just be a "me" thing though. The cups on the 3D Pulse are like plastic/leather material and the Arctis 9X are fabric. I seem to be able to keep the fabric ones on longer versus the other material where in about an hour they kinda start hurting my ears.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2021, 12:11 PM   #1223
shane_c
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_c View Post
Is it still possible to buy a new XBox One? I bought Forza Horizon 4 at Best Buy but can't find anywhere to buy a console. I've seen some used ones on Kijiji, some for more than I thought they were when new.

I realize I could play it on the Xbox Series X but that's even more expensive and from what I can tell won't be on shelves until the new year.

I was able to get a new Xbox One S (1TB) from The Source for less than what some people have been asking for used ones on Kijiji. I picked up a few games so far and have been enjoying it.

shane_c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shane_c For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2021, 09:37 PM   #1224
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have the HyperX Cloud headset and I can't imagine a better headset. Super comfortable, sound quality is great, I've been told the mic sounds good. A knob for party/game mix would be nice, but otherwise I love this headset.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 12:19 PM   #1225
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder how long this console shortage will last. Definitely seems worse than other generations. I wonder if by April you will be able to walk into a store and pick up a PS5?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:23 PM   #1226
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I'm half expecting the PS5 Slim to be released before the regular PS5 shortages go away.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:20 AM   #1227
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really it was just last generation that was easier.

PS2 was hard to find and retailers made you buy big bundles with controllers and games to get it.

PS3 was hard to find well into January and February as well. I remember walking into a Walmart in January and being ecstatic when the employee was putting the single unit they just got in stock on the shelf.

PS4 really was the only one that felt somewhat easy to get at launch and its all just a demand difference. If I'm not mistaken the sell through for the ps5 has actually been higher than ps4 for the same time period post launch.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:39 PM   #1228
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I'm half expecting the PS5 Slim to be released before the regular PS5 shortages go away.
They showed up at Bestbuy.ca today for a minute or two via their twitter.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:41 PM   #1229
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, there is a waiting list to get onto the bestbuy site right now and it says:

Quote:
If you're shopping for PlayStation 5 Digital Edition console, this item is now sold out. We're sorry for any disappointment. Please check back soon or follow us on Twitter @BBYC_Gamers for updates.

If you're shopping for a PlayStation 5 console, it is still available.
Please note: Items in your cart are not held in stock for you until you have completed checkout.

To make sure you keep your spot, please don't refresh this page.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:44 PM   #1230
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Long gone now I'm afraid.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1349803684721434625
Old 01-14-2021, 01:44 PM   #1231
iggyformayor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just copped a Series X from BB! ####ing finally!
iggyformayor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iggyformayor For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 06:34 PM   #1232
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyformayor View Post
Just copped a Series X from BB! ####ing finally!
Enjoy. It's a sleek machine.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:43 AM   #1233
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have over $600 on EB store credit and promised my boys at Christmas I would get them an Series X or PS5 (whatever is available first) with it. Unfortunately I can't use the credit for online ordering so I have to wait until the stores actually get stock which probably won't be for months.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:55 AM   #1234
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I'm just not the type for these intense online battles where you have to be alerted and then immiediatly go to the site and then you're in a panicy race to get one where you don't actually have it until you've checked out.

I've just resigned myself to pretending April is the actual launch, and I feel like I'll have success on day one!!
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #1235
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://kotaku.com/developer-deliver...-ab-1846068713

Developer Delivers Expletive-Filled But Correct Rant About Xbox Series X’s Dumb Name

That’s a ####ing confusing name. What the ####’s going on with Microsoft? They’re losing it, man. What the #### is going on? Like Series S, X, Mex, Next. I mean, who knows this? Come on. Madness. Call it the Microsoft Box and that’s it. I don’t know. It’s a total ####ing mess. Trust me, even them, they’re confused in their offices. What is this X, S...I don’t know, what the ####.

Fares is of course 100% correct and only saying what we’ve all been thinking since Microsoft first revealed its plans to trick confused consumers into buying older, outdated consoles. For anyone who doesn’t live and breathe video games—and let’s be real, some of us who do—The Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X nomenclature is extremely confusing. People thought Nintendo’s Wii U name was a trainwreck, but the Xbox Series stuff is way worse. Just wait until Microsoft tries to release an Xbox Series X Pro.

Microsoft seems to even agree somewhat. “On the pronunciation capability of S and X, I kind of agree they’re not the easiest words to enunciate or letters to enunciate completely, but I think it’ll be pretty obvious when someone goes into the store,” the head of Xbox, Phil Spencer
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 02:34 PM   #1236
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I’m holding out hope they’ll release a PS5 slim in quarter 3 or so. Of course I’ve not been blessed enough to see one in person but those looks like wild gigantic machines.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:56 PM   #1237
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I’m holding out hope they’ll release a PS5 slim in quarter 3 or so. Of course I’ve not been blessed enough to see one in person but those looks like wild gigantic machines.
Zero chance of a new PS5 SKU this year, it's still brand new. Earliest you'd see a PS5 slim would be in 2023-24 IMO
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 03:04 AM   #1238
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I'm just not the type for these intense online battles where you have to be alerted and then immiediatly go to the site and then you're in a panicy race to get one where you don't actually have it until you've checked out.
I agree, this is trash. At least with my 3080 I was able to just get on a backorder list and they'd send me one when it was my turn. Still sucked because it took over 100 days from release but at least I knew I was getting one.

This mad dash for stock as it comes is just dumb
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2021, 12:28 PM   #1239
ripTDR
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Just before Xmas, managed to grab myself a Series X, then a couple of days ago someone offered to trade their Ps5 for it straight up. As a longtime play station user, I nabbed it up, and it's been great(all my friends are on PS) but I could still see myself grabbing another Series X in the future. Something about it is just so smooth and easy to use. I could see myself using it for non multiplayer games like the new Farcry and backwards compatible games like SSX 3(which I'm missing already)

Really a great time to be a console gamer
ripTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ripTDR For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2021, 12:42 PM   #1240
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripTDR View Post
Just before Xmas, managed to grab myself a Series X, then a couple of days ago someone offered to trade their Ps5 for it straight up. As a longtime play station user, I nabbed it up, and it's been great(all my friends are on PS) but I could still see myself grabbing another Series X in the future. Something about it is just so smooth and easy to use. I could see myself using it for non multiplayer games like the new Farcry and backwards compatible games like SSX 3(which I'm missing already)

Really a great time to be a console gamer
Nice trade for the harder to find item, XXX's up for a while here if you wanted a replacement.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1351976176311533570

EDIT: Finally gone after 3 hours. Scalpers going to be doing returns.

Last edited by chemgear; 01-20-2021 at 03:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post: