Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
Bingo
Owner

Exp:
Default Avalanche 5 Flames 1

Game Takes:
Avalanche 5 Flames 1

- Better? Is that good?
- Gaudreau has looks, can't finish
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 11:47 PM   #2
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

The good news is that they won 1 more game then they should have. Smith showed up and every other player was begging to get bent over. After being as great as they were regular season, this is nothing short of shameful. Every flames fan is embarrassed of all of your efforts excluding Smith.

I hope they read this and feel the same.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:48 AM   #3
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
The good news is that they won 1 more game then they should have. Smith showed up and every other player was begging to get bent over. After being as great as they were regular season, this is nothing short of shameful. Every flames fan is embarrassed of all of your efforts excluding Smith.

I hope they read this and feel the same.
Bennett was also excellent. His five points in the series quite clearly demonstrate this series was about effort. Bennett had it.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2019, 02:50 AM   #4
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Better! Than! Tampa!

Fun ride while it lasted. Looking forward to next year and more game takes
Old 04-20-2019, 03:30 AM   #5
iamca
First Line Centre

Exp:

Excellent regular season.

Total collapse in the first round of the playoffs.
iamca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:36 AM   #6
Always Earned Never Given
Scoring Winger

Exp:

First of all, thanks Bingo for all the great write-ups throughout the year. It gives us readers a chance to compare with what we saw.

Regarding the dissalowed goal, I saw it quite differently as if shot would have came from the point, goalie would have seemed set.

Problem was Grubauer lost site of Gaudreau and he thought he was going to wrap it around the other side so he turned to lounge.

Yes there was a bit of a contact, thanks to Avs D wrapping Bennett but IMO goalie was set but then panicked and stumbled.

Happy off-season to you and all CP members
Always Earned Never Given is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Always Earned Never Given For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2019, 07:47 AM   #7
Five-hole
Franchise Player

Exp:

After a rebuilt team won the conference, there’s talk about blowing it up. Stunning. That’s how bad they were in this round.

Just. Dominated.

What’s the explanation?
Five-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:33 AM   #8
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Regarding the jersey toss. There were actually three. One on the fresh ice after the second intermission before anyone was on the ice. One after the fifth goal and one later in the period. I have a great view from row one of the press level.

The dude that threw the second one was sitting in the first row of the club level. It's right across from me, so it was easy to see who threw it. The guy had a long sleeved white shirt on and as he walks up the stairs to leave (beer in each hand) another fan stops him and motions of where's your jersey, they have a brief exchange, and as the jerseyless fan continues to walk up the stairs the other fan gives him two middle fingers.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:45 AM   #9
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
Regarding the jersey toss. There were actually three. One on the fresh ice after the second intermission before anyone was on the ice. One after the fifth goal and one later in the period. I have a great view from row one of the press level.

The dude that threw the second one was sitting in the first row of the club level. It's right across from me, so it was easy to see who threw it. The guy had a long sleeved white shirt on and as he walks up the stairs to leave (beer in each hand) another fan stops him and motions of where's your jersey, they have a brief exchange, and as the jerseyless fan continues to walk up the stairs the other fan gives him two middle fingers.
When did a jersey toss become a sacrilegious act? This team should be glad it was only jerseys being tossed.
cannon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:49 AM   #10
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon7 View Post
When did a jersey toss become a sacrilegious act? This team should be glad it was only jerseys being tossed.
I thought it was funny, and definitely felt the frustration. However, my neighbor in the Dome didn't like it and I see that Bingo doesn't like it either. To each their own. It just shows how disappointed some fans are.

I was also mystified with the standing "O" at the end of the game. I wanted to boo them off the ice.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:10 AM   #11
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought all the jersey tossing was funny only because the mocking people here did over oiler fans doing it.
More shameful for flames fans to do it because of what they did in the regular season.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:11 AM   #12
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

COL was a better skating team than CGY. The pressure this created was not handled by CGY. Of all the post game comments I thought Smith’s were most accurate. COL snuffed out CGY offence. CGY could not execute, 5-0 shots to start biggest game of year and was badly outshot and outplayed for most of the series.

CGY was never able to play fast. I’m sure the analytics will describe where in particular it went bad but lots of playoff inexperience.

Hopefully they learn some lessons. Treliving will allow emotion to dissipate then will analyze what’s needed to improve and be good in the playoffs.

I feel for the players and staff, lots put into the season but it was a great season on balance - 50 wins means so much joy, pride and good feelings for us fans for so many nights. Lots of smiles!
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Lebowski For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2019, 09:15 AM   #13
Buck Murdock
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Regular season hockey =/= playoff hockey. We must adjust the roster accordingly. This is just another step required in the long, painful road to the Stanley Cup. The biggest disappointment for me is James Neal. He did not bring anything to this team all year. Just a complete dud.
Buck Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buck Murdock For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2019, 09:17 AM   #14
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Comment about the jersey toss was spot on.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #15
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

If any of the younger fans wanted to what it was like to be a Flames fan from 1989-90 to 1994-95 this is how it felt. Good regular seasons met with frustrating first round exits with plenty of choke jobs. The organization hasn't won a single playoff series with home ice advantage since winning the cup in 1989. It was in the back of my head when the playoffs started as losing this series would be such a Flames thing to do.

If you take the playoff curse out of the picture it was still an amazing regular season and I look forward to this team learning from what happend after the all-star break and hopefully moving on to better things next April.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #16
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oilers fans tossing jerseys due to organizational ineptitude like 1 playoff performance in 13 years including 10 top 10 picks, of which 6 where top 5 picks.

that's why they toss jerseys

Flames fans tossing jerseys because they got Mckinnon'ed is beyond stupid.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #17
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Throwing jerseys is idiotic and shameful. Get out and never come back until you learn to control moronic impulses.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Lebowski For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #18
Teroy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

We'll never win if we rely on JG to lead this team. I keep reading that his wingers aren't fast enough; Monahan isn't fast enough etc. A centres job in the defensive zone is to be back assisting the def. to secure the puck. Manahon is always back digging out the puck. It's hard to be fast enough when his winger is floating up near the blue line or between there and centre ice. As soon as we secure the puck JG is gone. He has a full zone head start. No one will be fast enough to catch up. Many times he has to float around the offensive zone waiting for the guys he left behind. Many time he coughs up the puck as a result. The obvious move was JG. Put him on a line that can protect him and let him be a puck hog. Don't blame other for his shortcomings and don't expect him to score on a breakaway.
Teroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #19
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Throwing jerseys is something I would never, ever do. I think throwing anything on the ice, or banging on the glass for that matter, is very disrespectful. However, in a way, I don't mind seeing other people do it. It's a way to show how disappointed you are. As fans, other than not buying tickets, what other means do we have to show our dissatisfaction with the product? I hope it doesn't become a trend, other than in Edmonton. But I definitely felt the frustration. Booze is likely a big contributor as well.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:42 PM   #20
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
Throwing jerseys is something I would never, ever do. I think throwing anything on the ice, or banging on the glass for that matter, is very disrespectful. However, in a way, I don't mind seeing other people do it. It's a way to show how disappointed you are. As fans, other than not buying tickets, what other means do we have to show our dissatisfaction with the product? I hope it doesn't become a trend, other than in Edmonton. But I definitely felt the frustration. Booze is likely a big contributor as well.
You boo. Throwing things is childish and laughable. Do people have the emotional control of a toddler?