Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2023, 02:03 PM   #241
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

We all know they well play at a .600 clip the rest of the way and finish at a 14-16 pick.
Samonadreau is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2023, 09:25 AM   #242
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This draft is super cool since I’ve seen the western kids play so many times against my own. Nate Danielson absolutely creamed my kid in his first shift. Yager is awesome but he was one of those kids who got huge way before everyone else. Absolute horse who won the race to puberty.

For the 2024 draft, no one is talking about a certain Calgary kid. Bedard and his entourage walked into Medicine hat last night and someone else who isn’t draft eligible got 4 goalsvs Bedard not getting a sniff. Awesome kid too.

Just re-read this: Sounds like I'm saying that's my kid. NOOO. Mine played with ABasha for years. Sorry for the confusion. I'm an idiot.

Last edited by fotze2; 03-21-2023 at 04:21 PM.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2023, 09:53 AM   #243
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
This draft is super cool since I’ve seen the western kids play so many times against my own. Nate Danielson absolutely creamed my kid in his first shift. Yager is awesome but he was one of those kids who got huge way before everyone else. Absolute horse who won the race to puberty.

For the 2024 draft, no one is talking about a certain Calgary kid. Bedard and his entourage walked into Medicine hat last night and someone else who isn’t draft eligible got 4 goalsvs Bedard not getting a sniff. Awesome kid too.
All the best to Andrew, wouldn't mind taking him with a later pick. But not in the first round!

Edit: WAIT I've thought he was a year older. I'll keep a closer eye on him for the 2024 draft!
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 02:56 PM   #244
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I was watching some Daniil But highlights man this kid could be awesome. Decent skater. Good shot. Right handed RW. 6’5 200. This kid is like a right handed rantanen. Really good hands and offensive instincts. This kid could be special.

I’d take him over wood or Ritchie. He may be there at 15/16 :/
Old 03-16-2023, 03:00 PM   #245
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Lidstrom View Post
I was watching some Daniil But highlights man this kid could be awesome. Decent skater. Good shot. Right handed RW. 6’5 200. This kid is like a right handed rantanen. Really good hands and offensive instincts. This kid could be special.

I’d take him over wood or Ritchie. He may be there at 15/16 :/
Wow- I have seen him ranked top of round 2. Don't even have in on my radar for our 1st. Was thinking the Russian factor might drop him down a few and we may have him available for 2nd rounder.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:28 PM   #246
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What about Carson Rehkopf? Big, well built, good skills, skates decently, playing on an under achieving team, mvp of the chl top prospects gam3.

Could be a good swing round selection.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:40 PM   #247
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Lidstrom View Post
What about Carson Rehkopf? Big, well built, good skills, skates decently, playing on an under achieving team, mvp of the chl top prospects gam3.

Could be a good swing round selection.
Hope you don't mind that I always jump in...

Rehkopf is listed on some sites as being 6'1", but he's actually 6'3", and uses that size well on the forecheck, on the cycle, and in physical battles. He can out-muscle most opponents, and finishes his checks. Very effective below the goal-line. He possesses excellent speed, and knows what to do without the puck- he finds the soft spots in coverage, and goes to the danger areas where he can release his shot, which comes with elite velocity, and deception. Great release. He pays attention to his defensive duties, and is considered a good two-way player, with the reach and strength to break up plays.

Many think he will play at wing, as opposed to C, because he's a far more adept shooter than distributor- he could use a little work on his playmaking, although he likes to attack the middle of the ice. He's also not so hot in the faceoff circle. He's also touted to be more of a complimentary player than line-driver, and he doesn't carry the puck too often. I've read that he's more of a PP guy, and needs to better 5-on-5- he needs to find room at even-strength. I think he'll be more of a middle-six player in the NHL, but still has a very high ceiling- right now, he plays on a very middling team (13th out of 20 teams, 9th in goals-scored), and of course, he looked great in the Prospects Game. Another kid that I like, and I think he'll go early in the second round.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2023, 10:06 PM   #248
boogerz
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

David Reinbacher is slated to go in the high teens and he looked great at the WJCs on a terrible Austria squad. Potential top pairing dman that should be in the Flames' range
boogerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:29 PM   #249
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerz View Post
David Reinbacher is slated to go in the high teens and he looked great at the WJCs on a terrible Austria squad. Potential top pairing dman that should be in the Flames' range

Fair suggestion but the flames need top line scoring and size. This draft is too valuable to draft a dman. Shades of 2003.

And Sandman, I'm happy you reply as often as you do. You're a beauty bud.

And he's 6'3? he's gonna go first round. Wow there is a lot of offfensive talent with size this draft. Speaking of 2003, Rehkopf sounds a bit like Getzlaf. Maybe he's not looking for his teammates because they aren't doing anything with it. Double edged criticism but he could be warrior. We need warriors who don't back down. Poor flames could have used that tonight.

Him, Daniil But, Ritchie, Wood, Danielson, all would be good picks.

So far for me it would be Rhepkopf, But, Wood, Ritchie in that order. I don't think we will have a shot at Danielson.

Last edited by Ziggy Lidstrom; 03-20-2023 at 11:32 PM.
Ziggy Lidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ziggy Lidstrom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2023, 11:33 PM   #250
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Hope you don't mind that I always jump in...

Rehkopf is listed on some sites as being 6'1", but he's actually 6'3", and uses that size well on the forecheck, on the cycle, and in physical battles. He can out-muscle most opponents, and finishes his checks. Very effective below the goal-line. He possesses excellent speed, and knows what to do without the puck- he finds the soft spots in coverage, and goes to the danger areas where he can release his shot, which comes with elite velocity, and deception. Great release. He pays attention to his defensive duties, and is considered a good two-way player, with the reach and strength to break up plays.

Many think he will play at wing, as opposed to C, because he's a far more adept shooter than distributor- he could use a little work on his playmaking, although he likes to attack the middle of the ice. He's also not so hot in the faceoff circle. He's also touted to be more of a complimentary player than line-driver, and he doesn't carry the puck too often. I've read that he's more of a PP guy, and needs to better 5-on-5- he needs to find room at even-strength. I think he'll be more of a middle-six player in the NHL, but still has a very high ceiling- right now, he plays on a very middling team (13th out of 20 teams, 9th in goals-scored), and of course, he looked great in the Prospects Game. Another kid that I like, and I think he'll go early in the second round.

This kid could be a difference maker. I like the size, the scoring, the hitting.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:01 AM   #251
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerz View Post
Reinbacher could be the first D-man taken, maybe even in the top-10, as some have compared him to Moritz Seider. For me, it's between him, Sandin-Pelikka, and Dragicevic for first D taken. My favorite of those players is Dragicevic- size, sublime IQ, and the skating issues have been overblown. He's sitting at 75 points in 66 WHL games. None of Korchinski last year (7th overall), Mintukov (10th), or Mateychuk (12th) had a point-per-game, and they are all considered top-notch prospects this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2023, 12:43 AM   #252
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not going to dive too much into players until post draft lottery. Then we will know where we are at.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:45 AM   #253
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Need speed, hopefully whoever is drafted has excellent skating ability.
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:19 AM   #254
shutout
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY12 View Post
Need speed, hopefully whoever is drafted has excellent skating ability.
The Rico Fata approach to drafting.
Old 03-21-2023, 11:36 AM   #255
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think in a deep draft class such as 2023, you have to take the BPA in the 1st round. Whether its a forward or dman.

Thats what I would do anyways.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 12:48 PM   #256
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Given the caliber of forward available in the 1st round this year, it would be pretty insane for our club to choose a defenseman. Thus I give us a very high probability of selecting Reinbacher or Sandin-Pelikka
Old 03-21-2023, 01:20 PM   #257
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Given the caliber of forward available in the 1st round this year, it would be pretty insane for our club to choose a defenseman. Thus I give us a very high probability of selecting Reinbacher or Sandin-Pelikka
Devil’s advocate, but maybe the big talk of forwards has many scouts overlooking franchise-level D (or top 4 potential D). We’re in need of those too.

As dysfunctional as this organization is, our scouting team is among the best in the league.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2023, 01:26 PM   #258
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by fotze2; 03-21-2023 at 04:22 PM.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 03:04 PM   #259
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone in the 10-14 range we can plug in the lineup next season?
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:34 PM   #260
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Anyone in the 10-14 range we can plug in the lineup next season?
Doubtful, although Cole Sillinger was chosen 12th overall in 2021, and was playing in the NHL the next year, albeit with the lowly Blue Jackets. If anyone were to make it in next season, I would bet on one of the big guys who skate well- Danielson, Barlow, maybe Ritchie and Yager? Wood is playing against men, but is only a freshman, and needs work on his skating. All just a guess.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:

Tags
2023 nhl draft , nhl draft , nhl entry draft