Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-21-2023, 09:33 AM   #7681
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
How else would you advertise to people a party has a horrible record in a 20s ad?
First I would spend months clearly and simply laying out what my plan is for the next four years.

Then I would spend some time explaining why these ideas are better than what the UCP have.

Finally, I would answer questions about this plan.

There is already a mob of peoples bashing Smith, the NDP don't need to waste their breath repeating gotcha. They need to prove that they are a party of economic stability who plan to use that stability to improve public institutions like education and healthcare.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2023, 09:39 AM   #7682
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

The NDP need to do two things: Get their voters to the polls; keep the UCP fence sitters at home.

Negative ads work best for that. Many UCP fence sitters really don't want to vote for this train wreck but probably cannot bring themselves to vote for the NDP. So you remind them how much of a bag of ***** the UCP are and hopefully keep them at home.

Your plan is just giving the UCP ammo to bring out their vote
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:40 AM   #7683
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
First I would spend months clearly and simply laying out what my plan is for the next four years.

Then I would spend some time explaining why these ideas are better than what the UCP have.

Finally, I would answer questions about this plan.

There is already a mob of peoples bashing Smith, the NDP don't need to waste their breath repeating gotcha. They need to prove that they are a party of economic stability who plan to use that stability to improve public institutions like education and healthcare.
Well I want the average voter to completely change how the consume media, and increase their level of engagement beyond the surface level.

Oh I also want the Flames to win the Stanley Cup this season.

Care to guess which one I think is more likely?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2023, 09:48 AM   #7684
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
Well I want the average voter to completely change how the consume media, and increase their level of engagement beyond the surface level.

Oh I also want the Flames to win the Stanley Cup this season.

Care to guess which one I think is more likely?
You're right, its never going to happen.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:49 AM   #7685
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
The NDP need to do two things: Get their voters to the polls; keep the UCP fence sitters at home.

Negative ads work best for that. Many UCP fence sitters really don't want to vote for this train wreck but probably cannot bring themselves to vote for the NDP. So you remind them how much of a bag of ***** the UCP are and hopefully keep them at home.

My plan is not backed up by any polling or media consumer data. I would get laughed out of the board room.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:50 AM   #7686
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post

But then be negative. Not ‘oh, we can’t afford a doctors visit!’ How about ‘we can’t afford to poison our children for foreign wealth?’ Or ‘we can’t afford to be burning $5billion on a dark horse’? Or ‘we can’t afford to reduce red tape by adding bureaucrats’ or ‘we can’t afford to run around like a chicken without a head creating and spouting whatever rules we want to have to reneg them when it’s apparent we’ve no idea what we’re doing.’ I don’t know, it’s like they’ve chosen the most toothless ‘attack’ ad imaginable, so they’re going to get the disdain from those who don’t like them while letting the NDP off the hook for their garbage.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:52 AM   #7687
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
My plan is not backed up by any polling or media consumer data. I would get laughed out of the board room.
I'm pretty sure if you just said, "look, remember 2004? All we have to do is get in and anything can happen!"
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:14 AM   #7688
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

All the Matts are out on Twitter saying that we have Tylenol for "years to come" thanks to Smith. It has a 2 yr shelf life.
Also, somebody please explain the concept of Time Value of Money to the brilliant economic minds in the UCP government.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1638184730163314690

https://twitter.com/user/status/1638171577698373632

Last edited by Torture; 03-21-2023 at 10:19 AM.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #7689
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Not at all. Opposite actually. They are one of the few Provinces that critically think when voting for both Provincial and Federal candidates.

Speak for yourself.
LOL here is one right now for us to laugh at! AHHAHAHAH

Even your Yoho Fan Club can't save you from this one!

Last edited by Johnny Makarov; 03-21-2023 at 11:10 AM.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:24 AM   #7690
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, will you be able to go into a pharmacy and buy this medication off the shelf? No, I guess it won't be with the other meds, you have to ask the pharmacy for it. And it's a lower dosage than other brands, so the pharmacist can help you with that. Curious on a direct cost comparison based on size/dosage, but I suspect that won't come out looknig too good for it.

Quote:
  • The medication will be stored and sold from behind the pharmacy counter. Pharmacists will explain how the medication’s strength, dosing information and dosing device vary from the supply parents may be familiar with, and provide them with advice and information to determine the right dose for their child.
  • Parents and caregivers are also encouraged to read the package instructions carefully to determine the correct amount to give to children.
https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?x...AFA8CA6F96ACBD
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:30 AM   #7691
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
So, will you be able to go into a pharmacy and buy this medication off the shelf? No, I guess it won't be with the other meds, you have to ask the pharmacy for it. And it's a lower dosage than other brands, so the pharmacist can help you with that. Curious on a direct cost comparison based on size/dosage, but I suspect that won't come out looknig too good for it.

https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?x...AFA8CA6F96ACBD
Yeah, I can't see too many people going to the pharmacy and saying "I don't want your normal children's tylenol, give me some of that weaker, more expensive Turkish stuff you've got hidden behind the counter that you have to train me on before I use it"

Last edited by Torture; 03-21-2023 at 12:12 PM.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2023, 11:40 AM   #7692
D as in David
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
Yeah, not too many people are going to go in to the pharmacy and say "I don't want your normal children's tylenol, give me some of that weaker, more expensive Turkish stuff that you have to train me on before I use it"
Hopefully, they didn't order the Turkish coffee-flavored tylenol because that won't go over well with the kids. But I wouldn't put it past the UCP.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:44 AM   #7693
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Looking at that chart, what happened in the beginning of December that I am not recalling?
People started benefitting from the vote buying.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:09 PM   #7694
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
Yeah, I can't see too many people going to the pharmacy and saying "I don't want your normal children's tylenol, give me some of that weaker, more expensive Turkish stuff that you have to train me on before I use it"
Danielle Smith should take a couple of bottles with her afternoon tea.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:16 PM   #7695
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Danielle Smith should take a couple of bottles with her afternoon tea ivermectin.
updated for accuracy
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2023, 12:19 PM   #7696
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, these are Smith's light bulbs, but worse. If you are going to complain about NDP and their light bulb thing, be ready to have Turkish meds tossed in your face.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 01:00 PM   #7697
Faust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Joe Ceci @joececiyyc

Wow. @ABDanielleSmith has been caught lying to Albertans again.

She claims that all of her advocacy for her $20 billion handout has been in public. Lobbyist records prove that was a lie.

�� 1/6 #ableg #abpoli #yyc #yeg

https://twitter.com/joececiyyc/statu...750696448?s=21
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faust For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2023, 01:35 PM   #7698
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
Joe Ceci @joececiyyc

Wow. @ABDanielleSmith has been caught lying to Albertans again.

She claims that all of her advocacy for her $20 billion handout has been in public. Lobbyist records prove that was a lie.

�� 1/6 #ableg #abpoli #yyc #yeg

https://twitter.com/joececiyyc/statu...750696448?s=21
Turn up the attack ads NDP!
Old 03-21-2023, 01:54 PM   #7699
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
The absolute hilarity it takes to say Albertans think critically when it's the same result over and over. For decades and decades.

Quebecers have figured it out. And politicians pay attention.
Calgary could turn their position in Alberta politics into a jackpot given they basically control the entire election
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 09:12 AM   #7700
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Woof. The NDP really punted their speech at the Rural Municipalities of Alberta Conference. Pretty disappointing showing from them.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote