Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2019, 11:12 AM   #241
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

In other actual news. The mask ban has been deem unconstitutional.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...protests-ruled

Maybe we'll see the rate of people committing suicide by jumping off of buildings decrease.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:03 PM   #242
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1196505308354363393

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:13 PM   #243
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
A friendly reminder for everyone about AnonymousStranger

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=175857
Well you have your opinion and I have mine. Just because my opinion contravenes yours doesn’t mean you calling me a chinabot (pretty dehumanizing to call someone a robot and perpetuate the Chinese people are soulless stereotype btw) or whatever other racist rhetoric you might throw at me automatically makes your opinion right. I think it’s clear as day that there is a massive disinformation campaign being launched against both the Chinese government and Chinese people right now. The whole thing stinks of something like the Nayirah testimony again. Even that new leak that goes into the Chinese governments’ thought process about containing religious extremism and terrorism in Xinjiang has a bunch malicious translation errors from Chinese to English to make it seem more menacing than it is.

If you actually do some research, you will see scores of videos of protestors beating mandarin speakers with hammers, dousing them so they can burn them, and throwing bricks at them. Frankly as far as I am concerned, this is nothing more than a campaign of hate rooted in a zealot like nativist mindset and has nothing to do with “fighting for freedom” or whatever other empty platitude they label it with nowadays.

Last edited by AnonymousStranger; 11-18-2019 at 02:15 PM.
AnonymousStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:27 PM   #244
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousStranger View Post
Well you have your opinion and I have mine. Just because my opinion contravenes yours doesn’t mean you calling me a chinabot (pretty dehumanizing to call someone a robot and perpetuate the Chinese people are soulless stereotype btw) or whatever other racist rhetoric you might throw at me automatically makes your opinion right. I think it’s clear as day that there is a massive disinformation campaign being launched against both the Chinese government and Chinese people right now. The whole thing stinks of something like the Nayirah testimony again. Even that new leak that goes into the Chinese governments’ thought process about containing religious extremism and terrorism in Xinjiang has a bunch malicious translation errors from Chinese to English to make it seem more menacing than it is.

If you actually do some research, you will see scores of videos of protestors beating mandarin speakers with hammers, dousing them so they can burn them, and throwing bricks at them. Frankly as far as I am concerned, this is nothing more than a campaign of hate rooted in a zealot like nativist mindset and has nothing to do with “fighting for freedom” or whatever other empty platitude they label it with nowadays.
No one is denying there is violence. It's just that this isn't a "both sides, many sides" thing. China is way ahead on the piece of #### scoreboard.

And stop crying about stereotypes here. It's just such a transparent attempt at trying to place the race card to prevent dissent. This is clearly directed at the CCP and their policies, you know it and so do the rest of the people. So no one is buying your attempt, so move on.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #245
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
No one is denying there is violence. It's just that this isn't a "both sides, many sides" thing. China is way ahead on the piece of #### scoreboard.

And stop crying about stereotypes here. It's just such a transparent attempt at trying to place the race card to prevent dissent. This is clearly directed at the CCP and their policies, you know it and so do the rest of the people. So no one is buying your attempt, so move on.
Yeah, stop caring so much about the well being of the people in another nation, you racist.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:31 PM   #246
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Yeah, stop caring so much about the well being of the people in another nation, you racist.
I mean does someone type stuff like that and actually think it comes across as genuine or effective? It's laughably bad.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:04 PM   #247
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Well you have your opinion and I have mine. Just because my opinion contravenes yours doesn’t mean you calling me a chinabot (pretty dehumanizing to call someone a robot and perpetuate the Chinese people are soulless stereotype btw) or whatever other racist rhetoric you might throw at me automatically makes your opinion right. I think it’s clear as day that there is a massive disinformation campaign being launched against both the Chinese government and Chinese people right now.
Oh, cry me a freaking river.

This isn't opinion. What's happening in Hong Kong is symbolic worldwide with China's government open disdain for democracy.

You're being called a Chinabot because you sound like one. You know, the massive disinformation campaigns and bots put out by China (and other nations) to purposely destabilize nations that do not share its limiited ethics and values.

Calling it racist? Haha. That's rich. The vast majority of Canadians don't have a problem with Chinese PEOPLE... so take your sanctimonious virtue signalling BS and GTFO.

It's pretty clear the Chinese government are the problem and have been for some time. There is no defending its sins for decades. This is a government out to acquire more resources for its wealthy population and will not care the cost to its own plebe citizens and/or other nations.

NOTHING in this thread has been racist except for you... for trying to paint yourself as a victim of racism. Grow up and enjoy the level of democratic freedoms Canada freely gives you.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:40 PM   #248
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Let's all take a minute to bow our heads and offer thoughts and prayers to the disinformation being launched against the Chinese Government. Truly a travesty. They are the good guys here! I suggest we all just take the Chinese government at their word from now on, since they would never, ever, attempt to subvert truth. That's just not something they would ever do.

/green txt
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 06:05 PM   #249
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Anyone jumping to the defense of the Chinese government is little more than a Nazi sympathizer at this point, given everything we know about the Uyghur concentration camps
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 06:47 PM   #250
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was thinking how can you support a government that banned a beloved cartoon bear but yeah the concentration camps are worse.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #251
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

So protestors being arrested at the universities are purportedly being loaded onto trains bound for the mainland.

If true, Hong Kong common law, or the cancellation of the extradition bill, are a meaningless facade.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #252
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
So protestors being arrested at the universities are purportedly being loaded onto trains bound for the mainland.

If true, Hong Kong common law, or the cancellation of the extradition bill, are meaningless.
Haha source please? You can't just make a comment like that with no backing. Great Facebook post!! (Like)
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:01 PM   #253
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
Haha source please? You can't just make a comment like that with no backing. Great Facebook post!! (Like)
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3819595
Old 11-18-2019, 07:03 PM   #254
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Anyone jumping to the defense of the Chinese government is little more than a Nazi sympathizer at this point, given everything we know about the Uyghur concentration camps
Damn. Apparently if I disagree with the protestors who are destroying property, blocking the MTR so people can't get to school/work and setting people on fire I'm a Nazi sympathiser.

I haven't seen anyone who is against the protestors say they are proCCP. It's not the same.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:09 PM   #255
Allos
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:

If true, Hong Kong common law, or the cancellation of the extradition bill, are a meaningless facade.

This is the video

https://www.facebook.com/tang.earthq...8301842926041/
Allos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:11 PM   #256
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
That video shows nothing. People who were arrested being transported on the MTR that's been shut down thanks to the protestors. They could be going anywhere. This is why I hate modern media.

Get a Twitter video with no context and post a story based purely on conjecture and some random person’s guesstimate.

If it was true it would be incredibly stupid and lead to legit protests like we saw in the summer.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:19 PM   #257
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

nm
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:37 PM   #258
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I was thinking how can you support a government that banned a beloved cartoon bear but yeah the concentration camps are worse.

Perfect example of disinformation being propagated right here. Search on baidu and you will find the truth (no, Winnie the Pooh is not banned in China)

As for the concentration camp stories, yes there is no doubt that China has created a huge government initiative to deprogram people living in Xinjiang from Arab led Wahhabist religious extremism, including government skills and language programs to help poor uneducated people in Xinjiang find meaningful work and be able to communicate and thrive in the burgeoning Chinese economy. But as for the stories of torture, rape, murder, etc... nearly all of these stories are being manufactured by group known as the Uyghur World Council. They receive a lot (probably the majority) of their funding through the National Endowment of Democracy (Also involved in the current HK situation), which is branch of the CIA. I mean, that doesn't raise an eyebrow for you whatsoever? The CIA is not a benign organization by any stretch of the imagination. By the way, this claim is supported by their own website!
AnonymousStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:44 PM   #259
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Search on baidu for the truth about protests against Chinese authoritarianism.

I mean does any more need to be said?
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 07:48 PM   #260
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
That video shows nothing. People who were arrested being transported on the MTR that's been shut down thanks to the protestors. They could be going anywhere. This is why I hate modern media.

Get a Twitter video with no context and post a story based purely on conjecture and some random person’s guesstimate.

If it was true it would be incredibly stupid and lead to legit protests like we saw in the summer.
Context or no, there has been a lot of highly dangerous behaviour by the Hong Kong police. Like ramming of protesters using mini-buses and armored vehicles with zero regard of potential injuries. This would not fly in any country where there is oversight of the police force. Any officers involved would be prosecuted. Which we know the HKPF and China will never do.

Link

Especially egregious are the times cops tried to run over the protesters that are unarmed, and retreating. Which if any military did against a civilian population would be considered a war crime under the Geneva convention.

Link

Another one where cops are using ambulances in their arrests.

Link
Spoiler!

So if these acts are considered crimes by a military against civilian populations in times of war, how does this make it ethically justifiable that the HKPF do this against their own population?

EDIT: fixed video quality

Last edited by FlameOn; 11-18-2019 at 07:56 PM.