Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 02:47 PM   #3821
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
The guy had ONE assist,

Unbelievable.
And that assist was nothing amazing. He brought it in, the puck bounced around and ended up in the net (if I'm thinking of the right goal). Not like it was some amazing play to make a brilliant pass for a tap in.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:48 PM   #3822
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Jesse Pulujarvi

The 2nd coming

for the 2nd time.
I found it quite hysterical after the game that they tried to lump in Pulujarvi with Mathews, Laine and PLD. Something to the effect of "there was talk all weekend about the top 3 picks, nobody is talking about the 4th pick and they should be".
Pump your brakes Edmonton.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:50 PM   #3823
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Also that new PBP sounds like a pirate.

Not sure if upgrade over Quinn.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:03 PM   #3824
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

That 2016 draft was something else for Canadian fans. 5 of the top 6 picks were Canadian teams and the Habs also with the 9th pick. From just the Canadian standpoint my ow do those look today?
1. Matthews (1)
2. Tkachuk (6)
3. Laine (2) traded
4. Sergachev (9) traded
5. Brown (12)
6. Puljujarvi (4)
7. Juolevi (5)

The Habs made a pretty bad trade for Drouin and the Jets just made their move but I think it will be a better overall move for them. Puljujarvi has already requested a trade once. I haven’t really followed Brown and Juolevi is just playing in the league now and looking pretty mediocre. Tkachuk and Matthews are each teams respective franchise player.

It couldn’t have worked out better for Calgary where they were positioned and it was thanks to the Oilers and Canucks completely whiffing on their picks that made it possible
Old 01-25-2021, 03:07 PM   #3825
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The guy had ONE assist,

Unbelievable.
I saw the headlines and thought he had a 4-5 point game or something.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:24 PM   #3826
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
That 2016 draft was something else for Canadian fans. 5 of the top 6 picks were Canadian teams and the Habs also with the 9th pick. From just the Canadian standpoint my ow do those look today?
1. Matthews (1)
2. Tkachuk (6)
3. Laine (2) traded
4. Sergachev (9) traded
5. Brown (12)
6. Puljujarvi (4)
7. Juolevi (5)

The Habs made a pretty bad trade for Drouin and the Jets just made their move but I think it will be a better overall move for them. Puljujarvi has already requested a trade once. I haven’t really followed Brown and Juolevi is just playing in the league now and looking pretty mediocre. Tkachuk and Matthews are each teams respective franchise player.

It couldn’t have worked out better for Calgary where they were positioned and it was thanks to the Oilers and Canucks completely whiffing on their picks that made it possible

I really liked the Brown pick for Ottawa, so I followed it a bit (not much, just not and then). Seemed to me like Brown kept getting injured (wrist, IIRC?). Also not a very tenacious player, but had moments. I think he will end up as a third liner (while I was sure he was going to end up as a really good 2nd line centre).
Old 01-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #3827
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
1. Matthews (1)
2. Tkachuk (6)
3. Laine (2) traded
4. Sergachev (9) traded
5. Brown (12)
6. Puljujarvi (4)
7. Juolevi (5)

Interesting to look at a re-draft (https://fanalytics.hockey/2020/05/09...-nhl-re-draft/)

The Flames would have 3 guys they drafted in the top round now
Tkachuk #2
Fox #5
Dube #18

Dang. The Flames' scouts did their job on that day!
Old 01-25-2021, 05:57 PM   #3828
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Puljujarvi ahead of Dube... LOL
Old 01-25-2021, 07:28 PM   #3829
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan21 View Post
Staples is much less annoying when you just read everything in a sarcastic tone.
Please, won't one of you start a Sassy Staples channel on Youtube?
Old 01-25-2021, 08:10 PM   #3830
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Dube was dynamite in the playoffs and scored big goals, and looks to be only getting better.

He's easily the better player currently.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:46 PM   #3831
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Interesting to look at a re-draft (https://fanalytics.hockey/2020/05/09...-nhl-re-draft/)

The Flames would have 3 guys they drafted in the top round now
Tkachuk #2
Fox #5
Dube #18

Dang. The Flames' scouts did their job on that day!
Adam Fox going to Vancouver is an interesting take. You can justify it based on what you know now about his ability. But can you justify it knowing what you know now about his intentions?
Old 01-25-2021, 08:50 PM   #3832
motorcrosser
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Adam Fox going to Vancouver is an interesting take. You can justify it based on what you know now about his ability. But can you justify it knowing what you know now about his intentions?
If Fox were to play this season against cgy, with fans in the arena, do you think he'd get booed at all? Or does nobody care?
Old 01-25-2021, 08:58 PM   #3833
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcrosser View Post
If Fox were to play this season against cgy, with fans in the arena, do you think he'd get booed at all? Or does nobody care?
He’d get booed without fans in the arena.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2021, 09:31 PM   #3834
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm booing him right now
Old 01-25-2021, 09:51 PM   #3835
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh....you have to be goddamned kidding me. You cant make this stuff up.

Quote:
It was a typical bummer of a Sunday night game for the 2017-18 Edmonton Oilers: build a comfortable lead into the third period against the playoff-bound Anaheim Ducks, then blow it and let in the game-winner in overtime. It was March 25, and the team was already mathematically eliminated from the post-season, but a city of diehard hockey fans remained hooked.

That included, it is alleged, staff at the Edmonton Police Service (EPS) downtown division responsible for processing accused people awaiting bail hearings. For each arrest, officials must submit to the Alberta Crown bail office (CBO) a package including the offence summary, arrest report, warrants and other particulars to get the wheels of justice turning. The Criminal Code requires a detainee’s hearing to occur within 24 hours of arrest. Police from around Alberta electronically file these reports throughout the day and night—it’s part of the around-the-clock nature of police work.
It’s not the plaintiff of this suit, though, suggesting that Oilers fandom accounts for some of the delays. It’s the defendant—the Alberta government. In an affidavit filed in October that attempts to explain the moving parts that must align to meet the 24-hour requirement, assistant chief Crown prosecutor Travis Stang singles out the provincial capital’s police force as a challenging partner in these efforts.

“One source of frustration for the CBO has been the late delivery of electronic bail packages, or the mass delivery of electronic bail packages late at night and close to the end of business hours,” Stang states. “We noted a delay in the submission/receipt of bail packages from EPS that we observed seemed consistent with and mostly coincided with the televised playoff game times in 2018, most notable [sic] the Edmonton Oiler games.
https://www.macleans.ca/news/were-ed...ch-the-oilers/

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 01-25-2021, 09:56 PM   #3836
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was saying booourns.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:46 PM   #3837
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Oh....you have to be goddamned kidding me. You cant make this stuff up.

Quote:
“We noted a delay in the submission/receipt of bail packages from EPS that we observed seemed consistent with and mostly coincided with the televised playoff game times in 2018, most notable [sic] the Edmonton Oiler games.”
https://www.macleans.ca/news/were-ed...ch-the-oilers/
So, no delays then?
Old 01-26-2021, 03:45 AM   #3838
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
He’d get booed without fans in the arena.
Nah, people need to realize he was born in Long Island with a silver spoon stuck up his arse and was off the Harvard, teams should always stay away from these entitled brats.

Trade turned out good anyway
Old 01-26-2021, 06:03 AM   #3839
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Deceptive Dave back at it

https://twitter.com/user/status/1353940656050245635
Old 01-26-2021, 06:35 AM   #3840
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Severe action lol. I love that Tkachuk is in the heads of the basement blogger and real media up there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread