Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-07-2018, 08:48 AM   #1601
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Yeah, I'm all over Connor for creating the animosity and Hate that led up to this incident. But after the fight, that was him purely being attacked and defending himself.
Yeah I don’t blame him for swinging at anyone in the cage.

Only thing I’ll say is he did take the first swing at the other guy when they were both climbing to get out of the cage but with everything going on at that point it’s not unexpected.

The worst guy in the whole thing and the guy he probably should have charged was the red shirt guy who came in from behind at the end and suckered him.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 10-07-2018 at 08:51 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #1602
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
The worst guy in the whole thing and the guy he probably should have charged was the red shirt guy who came in from behind at the end and suckered him.

Another "smelly Dagestani rat".
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #1603
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
They’ve really stripped anything to do with martial arts out now. Hardly any respect, honour, discipline or anything like that.
Agreed. UFC was so good from about 2007-2012. I watched every PPV. It's been quite watered down since. I miss the days of only 1 PPV per month, it made the roster smaller and the fights more high profile.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 10:56 AM   #1604
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dana White allows and encourages his pet mouthbreather to insult in every way another fighter's family, parents, country, nation and training crew and now he is surprised it all boiled over. DW ignored the silent rage that was building in Khabib and his camp and thought the whole "preflight antics" of Connor was hilarious.
Well Dana not so funny now huh.

People talk that CM is the warrior of the UFC. Khabib is a warrior and I was not surprised to learn coming back from the Flames game that all hell broke lose after the fight. Just like I was not surprised that mouth piece tapped out so quickly once Khabib put him in a rear naked choke.

CM said he wanted a war over and over said that after he punishes Khabib in the cage he will beat him outside of the ring and in the the streets said "this will never effing end".
CM and his band of punks and White poked a bear way too many times.
The real disappointing part of all this is you have a phenomenal 27-0 fighter that will lose his belt, will face sanctions by Nevada fight commission and of course Dana White will not share in any of the blame.
Funny how short fans memories are when CM jumped the cage and went at Aldo and his camp. The social media chatter was all this is friggin awesome, Connor is awesome.
Khabib went further but this is not the first time this gong show has happened after a fight.

Last edited by Stay Golden; 10-07-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Stay Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stay Golden For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 11:30 AM   #1605
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Golden View Post
Funny how short fans memories are when CM jumped the cage and went at Aldo and his camp. The social media chatter was all this is friggin awesome, Connor is awesome.
Khabib went further but this is not the first time this gong show has happened after a fight.
Oh Ffs the two aren't even close to comparable.

One was running at a fella to promote a fight with Aldo standing there laughing.

The other was a flying full on kick attack.

It's funny in a way. Khabib wins the fight.... big time but comes out the loser....big time. Not to mention his two buddies get kicked out of the UFC.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #1606
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Mike Tyson and this response have single handedly made my weekend

https://twitter.com/user/status/1048804788635226112

https://twitter.com/user/status/1048805091342516224
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:06 PM   #1607
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
And all hell breaks loose in the arena.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1048805513683771392
Here’s a longer version. Watch the whole thing if you want to see what happens to the guy in the tan shirt after he keeps poking the Russian bear.

Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frequitude For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #1608
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

A sport that is built around violence and violent outbursts, where promotion leading up to fights is filled with violent responses and ratings are literally built on violent story lines is surprised when its participants react violently?

Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 10:32 PM   #1609
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Golden View Post
Dana White allows and encourages his pet mouthbreather to insult in every way another fighter's family, parents, country, nation and training crew and now he is surprised it all boiled over. DW ignored the silent rage that was building in Khabib and his camp and thought the whole "preflight antics" of Connor was hilarious.
Well Dana not so funny now huh.

People talk that CM is the warrior of the UFC. Khabib is a warrior and I was not surprised to learn coming back from the Flames game that all hell broke lose after the fight. Just like I was not surprised that mouth piece tapped out so quickly once Khabib put him in a rear naked choke.

CM said he wanted a war over and over said that after he punishes Khabib in the cage he will beat him outside of the ring and in the the streets said "this will never effing end".
CM and his band of punks and White poked a bear way too many times.
The real disappointing part of all this is you have a phenomenal 27-0 fighter that will lose his belt, will face sanctions by Nevada fight commission and of course Dana White will not share in any of the blame.
You forgot the idiots who waited for all the cops and security to break up the fight outside the octagon and made use of the distraction to jump into the cage and sucker punch McGregor

I’m not a fan of either guys but that’s gotta be the most cowardly thing I’ve ever seen
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:39 PM   #1610
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

My problem with all this is how the narrative would be very different if it was CM instead of Khabib who went at it this way.

But you can go on and on about how disrespectful it was but if your going to go after a guys family and religion and nationality and everything so often as CM does eventually you will do it to the wrong guy. Play with fire and you’re doing to get burned eventually.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:44 PM   #1611
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anybody catch the Fedor fight over the weekend? Sonnen had no chance.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:12 PM   #1612
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post
Yeah it was basically as expected. Sonnen said the right things leading up to it, but really was just overpowered. I also watched the Bader fight the night before and it was just bad. I know Bader is a good wrestler and all that, but it was just not good viewing.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:24 PM   #1613
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post

Sonnen got ragdolled, hard to expect anything from a natural middleweight fighting the HW GOAT.

Bader probably lays on Fedor and tires him out.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:20 PM   #1614
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure if it is koser to talk about boxing in here, but is anyone going to watch Olexander Usyk defend undisputed cruiserweight championship tomorrow. I am not well versed in boxing but the fight comes with my DAZN subscription and I figured it would be worth checking out.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:29 AM   #1615
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:35 AM   #1616
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Guys on 960 were saying they were targeting 200,000 sales for the Chuck Liddell fight but only sold 25,000.

Ouch.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #1617
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post

Last part here.

More photos on Flickr
Old 12-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #1618
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazing performance from Holloway last night. Probably my favourite fighter right now, just a human highlight reel. Amazing mentality he has, i’d say he’s got a chance to go down as one of the best to ever do it, maybe even the BEST. Incredible athlete and deserves way more popularity than he has.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2018, 11:19 PM   #1619
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last night was an unbelievable performance by Holloway, he completely outclassed Ortega. Also love how much of a showman he is in his fights, always tries to put on a show even though it makes me nervous sometimes. Ortega is so damn tough.

I wonder if Holloway tries his hand at Lightweight next. Imagine all the possible matchups.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #1620
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was an amazing main event, Max was impressive.

More photos on Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post: