Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2019, 01:09 AM   #1541
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
That's great. I did try some spray last month at a weekend in Banff with my friends, but there were nine of us and everybody brought quite a bit of cannabis in various forms. We have a picture of it all laid out on a table and it looks like a police press conference after a narcotics raid (prior to legalization). Since the spray wasn't taken in isolation, I can't really comment on how it felt. I'll grab some in the next week or so and give it a spin.
One thing to consider is it takes a lot of sprays if you're not a lightweight. It's only like 2.5 mgs per spray
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:34 AM   #1542
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
One thing to consider is it takes a lot of sprays if you're not a lightweight. It's only like 2.5 mgs per spray
Picked up some spray last night. Started off with two squirts. Tonight I think I'll do three. Great concept, though. I'm looking forward to messing around with this a bit more. It is even peppermint flavoured, which is kind of nice.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #1543
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
If you vape, you can use your ABV (already been vaped) flower to make butter, then make your own edibles. Or just sprinkle a teaspoon or 2 on peanut butter toast. Sometimes I'll sprinkle it on a big mac. Other people use yogurt, mcflurries, etc. The more fat content the better and quicker the thc will be absorbed.

Taste is not the greatest but the high can be enjoyable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
This is such great advice!

I keep my 'already vaped weed' in a jar about the size of 1 cup. When its full I throw it on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 mins @ 220F to fully decarboxylate. Dont need to do this as its already vaped but I do anyways.

Next I toss that weed in the slow cooker along with about 3/4 cup of oil (coconut or canola typically).

Cook on low for 8 hours, stir occasionally if you can.

Then I strain it into a container of some kind and voila you've got weed oil you can cook with.

So far with this method I've made brownies (3 or 4 times), cookies, mixed it into coffee (disgusting do not try), and waffles. Just remember to not heat the oil more than 330F, less is better.

I also made butter once but it seemed to be way more complicated and tedious. Though you can do more with butter it seems.

Anyways, I'm still amazed that I can vape weed with the Pax, get a good buzz, and then use that same weed for fairly potent edibles. Its awesome.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2019, 02:01 PM   #1544
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Decarbing ABV seems like an unnecessary risk, especially considering how much is needed to make a relatively small amount of oil.

FYI if you add a tablespoon of soy lecithin it helps bind thc to the coconut oil, which is best to use as it able to bind with more thc than most common oils.

Edit: Also, I'm in to host/produce/whatever-it-takes to get Smokin' w/ Sliver on YouTube.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #1545
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanGuy View Post
Decarbing ABV seems like an unnecessary risk, especially considering how much is needed to make a relatively small amount of oil.

FYI if you add a tablespoon of soy lecithin it helps bind thc to the coconut oil, which is best to use as it able to bind with more thc than most common oils.

Edit: Also, I'm in to host/produce/whatever-it-takes to get Smokin' w/ Sliver on YouTube.
As an FYI- you can also take that AVW and put it in a jar- when you accumulate a decent amount fill the jar with Everclear or overproof rum, store it in the dark and give it a shake every few days for as long as you can stand, when finished strain with cheesecloth and put into a dropper bottle- great tincture

https://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comme..._green_dragon/
aaronck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:19 PM   #1546
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
Whatcha using/recommend for a vape pen?
Leaf only. No oils or anything.
Used an Airizer II but she died.
That company has a BOGO sale right now and I'm looking at the Argo or Airizer II again unless someone suggests something great.
I use a DaVinci IQ, I really like it. It's expensive as well - pretty much the same price point as Pax / Arizer, etc, but worth the extra money if you use it regularly. It's noticeably a lot better than my original, $100 vape from a couple years ago when I started, smells a lot less, and tastes way better.

It's small so it fits in your pocket well, and is pretty stylish-looking, including the light display when it's on. And you can control it with an app, though I barely use that. Only downside is it heats up quite a bit after a while, and the cover you can buy for it to combat this tends to slide around a lot.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:50 AM   #1547
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Is the high from weed spray more like eating it or smoking it? Asking for a friend.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #1548
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

The weed spray feels just like edibles. I think it's like the same process in your body or whatever. Definitely not like smoking. The same as doing oil/capsules.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2019, 11:18 AM   #1549
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What is the difference between edible high and smoking high? Asking for a friend

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:21 AM   #1550
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
What is the difference between edible high and smoking high? Asking for a friend
I'd like to answer that for you. I don't have a good way to articulate it, so hopefully somebody else does.

The best I can offer is edibles have a much slower build and a much softer wind down. I don't get burnt out with edibles...it just sort of gently fades away. There is more to it, but they should have sent a poet to answer that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2019, 11:40 AM   #1551
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Edibles take a while to come on and a while to wear off. It's a long, very pleasant ride (mostly body stone) if you dose yourself correctly.

Smoking hits right away and dissipates quickly.

I've been eating gummies, and while I'm waiting for them to kick in smoking distillate for a high that hits like a hammer. I recommend this approach wholeheartedly.

I sleep quite well these days.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 08:56 PM   #1552
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm crushed. My S&B Mighty didn't survive the Great Bankview Condo Fire of 2019. She will be sorely missed.

We'll be in hotels or rental accommodation for the foreseeable future, so smoking blunts or using a bong will be out of the question.

In time she can be replaced but in the short term my funds will have to spent on boring stuff like temporary housing, replacing clothes and personal items lost as a result of the fire.

Any recommendations on an inexpensive portable/pocket dry flower vaporizer to bridge the gap?
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 05:10 PM   #1553
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry to hear longsuffering.

I'd take a look at some of the options the cannabis stores in town have, they usually have a few options ranging from budget to extravagant, and the budtenders will likely have some feedback on the various models.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:07 AM   #1554
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

a friend from work bought some Edibles from the store in Riverbend yesterday- Peppermints gummies and chocolates, all Aurora products. Each package had 5 candies @ 10mg each and they were $8 each. That's not bad at all, anyone else find reasonably priced edibles in the city?
Old 01-17-2020, 09:08 AM   #1555
Tacopuck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
a friend from work bought some Edibles from the store in Riverbend yesterday- Peppermints gummies and chocolates, all Aurora products. Each package had 5 candies @ 10mg each and they were $8 each. That's not bad at all, anyone else find reasonably priced edibles in the city?
$8 per candy or per package?
Old 01-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #1556
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah the 420 in Oakridge had the same assortment of edibles... no hash that I could see though.. yet.

And $8 per package.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #1557
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
Yeah the 420 in Oakridge had the same assortment of edibles... no hash that I could see though.. yet.

And $8 per package.
Sorry yup $8 per package, 5 10mg candies in each.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:58 AM   #1558
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

How strong is 10mg? I’ve never really paid much attention to the potency of any edibles I’ve had but if it only takes one or two gummies at those levels to get the desired effect that seems like a very reasonable price point
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #1559
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry yup $8 per package, 5 10mg candies in each.
So I went to the store and it's actually 5x 2mg for a total of 10mg for the peppermints- I bought a pack and will report back. The person who bought it is a daily smoker and said that one gave him a mild buzz so I will test and report back- Doing it for you CP!
Old 01-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #1560
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
So I went to the store and it's actually 5x 2mg for a total of 10mg for the peppermints- I bought a pack and will report back. The person who bought it is a daily smoker and said that one gave him a mild buzz so I will test and report back- Doing it for you CP!
Interesting. So each one is smaller than a microdose capsule (they're 2.5mg). I'd think you'd need at least two before you'd feel anything, but best to start low when experimenting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: