Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #441
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
Here's my question, and I'd like to know if the vaccine proponents can answer it without insulting me; is it true that the preservatives in the vaccines are cumulative within the body and it is the successive injections that cause problems and not each individual injection? I've heard the argument from atleast a moderately reputable source and want to know if you guys that support vaccines understand and agree/disagree with the idea of cumulative effects. (I'm in the I don't know the answer yet and have an open mind to discussion about it group)
No, for the substances people worry about in vaccines the effects aren't generally related to cumulative dose. Ethyl mercury doesn't have that long of a half-life in the body compared to methyl mercury (the one you get much more of from eating fish). Cumulative dose is normally only the main concern for some types of carcinogen and sometimes for substances that stay in the body very long-term.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #442
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
how do you know that it's negligible? The very idea of something being cumulative is that individual doses are negligible while numerous are dangerous, if someone receives 36 shots as an infant how do you know it's negligible? I'm not saying I know the answer, just wondering.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...12124/abstract

Quote:
We found that the body burden of mercury (AUC) in infants (including low birth weight) over the first 4.5 years of life following yearly exposures to thimerosal was two orders of magnitude lower than that estimated for exposures to the lowest regulatory threshold for MeHg over the same time period. In addition, peak body burdens of mercury following episodic exposures to thimerosal in this worst-case analysis did not exceed the corresponding safe body burden of mercury from methylmercury at any time, even for low-birth-weight infants. Our pharmacokinetic analysis supports the acknowledged safety of thimerosal when used as a preservative at current levels in certain multidose infant vaccines in the United States.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #443
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Here's my question, and I'd like to know if the vaccine proponents can answer it without insulting me; is it true that the preservatives in the vaccines are cumulative within the body
Before one could even attempt to answer, you'll have to be more specific. Everyone's already mentioned thimerosal, but that's just assuming that's the one since that's a common one that's targeted with, uh, disinformation.

As has been pointed out the half-life of ethyl mercury is short (less than 1 week). Methyl mercury has a much longer half-life and can accumulate (if one is eating lots of fish say).

But each vaccine could have different components, so you'd have to be specific as to which vaccine or additive you're talking about.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #444
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Not to defend McCarthy, but Autism is often a diagnosis made by doctors when they have no other explanation for the symptoms.
I'm not sure you know how autism is diagnosed.

Everyone I've EVER talked to (and there's been a lot) understands that a diagnosis of autism (or Aspergers or ADHD etc) is simply a label for a set of observations that fall under a common grouping of symptoms, is not written in stone, and in lots of cases can be just the first diagnosis in what becomes a very long journey.

It's not like a diagnosis of a single pathogen that has a specific treatment.

Sometimes there are other things that can cause the same set of behaviours, and the only way to find that out is to continue to work with pediatricians and the support community as the child grows and changes and receives different types of treatment to see what things change and what things don't. A diagnosis can and does change as a result.

Because you can't just take a blood test and say "yup, autism", it's like other complex things where getting to the root cause (if even possible) can take a lot of time and effort because one has to eliminate possibilities.

Quote:
Many kids with "autism" have been misdiagnosed over the years. This is changing of course, but it still happens.
It's not like a doctor just decides "oh, autism" after a brief visit. A good diagnosis is much more involved than that, involves a lot of observation of behaviours.

And even if true, so what? A diagnosis of autism opens many many doors in terms of support and resources, that's a good thing. Who cares what the diagnosis is if the child receives help that improve their quality of life and that of their parents. Does it matter what the word for the original diagnosis is?

Quote:
At least that is what I was told by someone who is a care worker for children with behavioral and mental disabilities.
I've also been told by care workers that vaccines cause autism...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #445
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I'm not sure you know how autism is diagnosed.

Everyone I've EVER talked to (and there's been a lot) understands that a diagnosis of autism (or Aspergers or ADHD etc) is simply a label for a set of observations that fall under a common grouping of symptoms, is not written in stone, and in lots of cases can be just the first diagnosis in what becomes a very long journey.

It's not like a diagnosis of a single pathogen that has a specific treatment.

Sometimes there are other things that can cause the same set of behaviours, and the only way to find that out is to continue to work with pediatricians and the support community as the child grows and changes and receives different types of treatment to see what things change and what things don't. A diagnosis can and does change as a result.

Because you can't just take a blood test and say "yup, autism", it's like other complex things where getting to the root cause (if even possible) can take a lot of time and effort because one has to eliminate possibilities.

It's not like a doctor just decides "oh, autism" after a brief visit. A good diagnosis is much more involved than that, involves a lot of observation of behaviours.

And even if true, so what? A diagnosis of autism opens many many doors in terms of support and resources, that's a good thing. Who cares what the diagnosis is if the child receives help that improve their quality of life and that of their parents. Does it matter what the word for the original diagnosis is?

I've also been told by care workers that vaccines cause autism...
The only point I was making was that it it's common (it doesn't seem like you are saying otherwise). I don't know what the point of the rest of your lecture is.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/09/1...sed-as-autism/

http://www.childmind.org/en/posts/ar...noses-children

http://www.sharecare.com/health/auti...utism-children

http://link.springer.com/article/10....465-010-9095-x
Old 01-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #446
photon

Exp:

Define common.

It sounded like you were making it out to be something that happened so often it was somehow bad (i.e. harmful to kids). If that's not what you meant then I don't understand what the point was either.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #447
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
yeah I'll find a link
So I am just gonna guess you didn't have any and were just talking out your poo hole
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:46 PM   #448
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't......people are weird...

A friend of my husband posted this today. http://mikesanubis.com/2012/03/25/he...f-vaccination/
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #449
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
I don't......people are weird...

A friend of my husband posted this today. http://mikesanubis.com/2012/03/25/he...f-vaccination/

I will see you and raise you "causing increase in H1N1"

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/is-...-month-before/
Old 01-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #450
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love how parents that feed their kids tons of sugar and processed food, don't make sure they sleep 10-12 hours a night consistently, and allow them to stare at a phone 12+ hours a day with zero activity like to call out other parents because they don't get their kids a shot once a year.

not talking about everyone but its an observation I have made lately in my own life lately

Vaccines are great for the masses, because the masses are a bunch of idiots who don't take care of themselves in the first place
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #451
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I love how parents that feed their kids tons of sugar and processed food, don't make sure they sleep 10-12 hours a night consistently, and allow them to stare at a phone 12+ hours a day with zero activity like to call out other parents because they don't get their kids a shot once a year.

not talking about everyone but its an observation I have made lately in my own life lately

Vaccines are great for the masses, because the masses are a bunch of idiots who don't take care of themselves in the first place

huh?

How do you know what people feed their kids, or what activity they do, or when they go to bed? You peeping in windows, Tom?

So just to be clear:

If I/my kids eat well, are active, and stare are screens in moderation, we will not get sick?
Old 01-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #452
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
Cavemen lived to 150 due to their organic eating a large amounts of exercise.

Noah lived to 950, jews have got it cornered.
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #453
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I will see you and raise you "causing increase in H1N1"

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/is-...-month-before/

Reading that, I'm not even sure the writer understands how vaccines work. Or viruses for that matter.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #454
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was much sicker the year I got my flu shot. I know its a fact because I went back in time and didn't get the flu shot and I was fine.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #455
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post

Reading that, I'm not even sure the writer understands how vaccines work. Or viruses for that matter.
The worst part is I got that off a buddy. It drives me nuts, especially considering all 3 of his kids have issues with require(d) the involvement of the medical profession to keep them alive at one time.

I am gonna see him on the weekend and will proceed to kick him in the balls.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #456
Knut

Exp:
icon53

Quote:
The worst part is I got that off a buddy. It drives me nuts, especially considering all 3 of his kids have issues with require(d) the involvement of the medical profession to keep them alive at one time.

I am gonna see him on the weekend and will proceed to kick him in the balls.
Kick him once for each CP member that thanks your post.... Or this post.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #457
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post

I'm no scientist, but I'm pretty sure no flu virus in the history of the world has ever chosen a host based in their phone use habits.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:22 PM   #458
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just got 10ml of Hep A and 10ml of Typhoid. I now have Autism.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to worth For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2014, 12:35 AM   #459
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
I'm no scientist, but I'm pretty sure no flu virus in the history of the world has ever chosen a host based in their phone use habits.
Come on use your brain...kid staring at a phone all day is obviously not getting the required daily exercise for healthy living not to mention immune boosting vitamin D
Old 01-15-2014, 12:40 AM   #460
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
huh?

How do you know what people feed their kids, or what activity they do, or when they go to bed? You peeping in windows, Tom?

So just to be clear:

If I/my kids eat well, are active, and stare are screens in moderation, we will not get sick?
yeah a healthy lifestyle will decrease the amount of times you get sick.(not exactly rocket science) And I'm talking about people I know in my personal life...kids spend far less time outside playing these days, you would have to have your head buried in the sand if you disagree. Kids are more unhealthy than they have been in decades even with these miracle flu shots