Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-17-2017, 05:37 PM   #5301
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW Nitro View Post
The problem is to get the magical billion mark, you need China. And while a billion is not a must for any film, it'd be nice for one of these latest DC movies to hit that mark.
The Chinese numbers aren't spectacular but the international numbers are definitely great. Records in Indonesia and Brazil. Also, this movie far more family orientated than BvS was. Generally, children's movies have the best "legs". JL could get a boost around weak 5-6 from the holidays too.

But yeah, we'll have to wait and see.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #5302
WCW Nitro
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The Chinese numbers aren't spectacular but the international numbers are definitely great. Records in Indonesia and Brazil. Also, this movie far more family orientated than BvS was. Generally, children's movies have the best "legs". JL could get a boost around weak 5-6 from the holidays too.

But yeah, we'll have to wait and see.
I hope it recovers, but 2 things to consider. Coco, which is getting rave reviews, is gonna be big competition in the family demographic, and Star Wars is gonna take a lot of screens from JL negating any holiday boost. This thing needs a big opening weekend and WB better hope the families turn out soon.
WCW Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:31 PM   #5303
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Anyone watch Punisher yet?
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:57 PM   #5304
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
I hope it recovers, but 2 things to consider. Coco, which is getting rave reviews, is gonna be big competition in the family demographic, and Star Wars is gonna take a lot of screens from JL negating any holiday boost. This thing needs a big opening weekend and WB better hope the families turn out soon.
Actually we should all hope it fails enough that everyone at WB is fired and they burn it to the ground and start over.

Except Gal Gadot. Keep her.

Everything about JL reeks of a desperate studio micromanaging this movie and the franchise.

Hit reset. Make Batman, Superman and one or two other movies from scratch. Give control to real writers and directors who have talent and a vision. Focus on developing classic villains and popular stories.

DC and WB are not gonna wake up suddenly if this movie is successful. They're just gonna keep feeding us ####.

Maybe even put the brakes on some of this crap. Focus on something else for a bit. Make a sirens movie with Harley Quinn, cat woman and Ivy. Make it a lighthearted fun movie. Make that Whedon Batgirl movie.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 09:50 PM   #5305
Tinordi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Actually we should all hope it fails enough that everyone at WB is fired and they burn it to the ground and start over.

Except Gal Gadot. Keep her.

Everything about JL reeks of a desperate studio micromanaging this movie and the franchise.

Hit reset. Make Batman, Superman and one or two other movies from scratch. Give control to real writers and directors who have talent and a vision. Focus on developing classic villains and popular stories.

DC and WB are not gonna wake up suddenly if this movie is successful. They're just gonna keep feeding us ####.

Maybe even put the brakes on some of this crap. Focus on something else for a bit. Make a sirens movie with Harley Quinn, cat woman and Ivy. Make it a lighthearted fun movie. Make that Whedon Batgirl movie.
Exactly this. Fans of the source material should be hoping garbage like this fails and leads to a major reboot of it all. Burn it all, sanitize it of the over wrought Snyder sensibility, and put into the creative hands of people who understand a good story and know how to tell one.

Just make a decent movie for Christ's sake. It's not that difficult.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:03 PM   #5306
MattyC
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah. I chose to watch Thor again in theatres instead of JL today.

Didn't pay any money for BvS either.

Check out my comics Boris Got Out and Humanity Ltd. through my website! Also found on Facebook and Twitter!

www.badartcomics.com
MattyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:22 PM   #5307
WCW Nitro
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I think the main issue with WB is that it learns the wrong lesson from its failures and overreacts. Superman Returns had little action, lets overload Man of Steel with it, Batman v Superman was too grim, lets make Justice League jokey. WB thinks its failures are due to things like tone and lack of humor, but the reality is other than Wonder Woman a lot of people just don't think the movies are any good. The company should just stay true to the characters and focus on making good movies rather than thinking it's the style that is the issue.
WCW Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #5308
MattyC
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think the main issue with WB is that it learns the wrong lesson from its failures and overreacts. Superman Returns had little action, lets overload Man of Steel with it, Batman v Superman was too grim, lets make Justice League jokey. WB thinks its failures are due to things like tone and lack of humor, but the reality is other than Wonder Woman a lot of people just don't think the movies are any good. The company should just stay true to the characters and focus on making good movies rather than thinking it's the style that is the issue.
Kevin Feige trusts that the source material is interesting enough to hold the audience's attention. As it has for decades.

WB execs mold projects to market research. Maybe they should research the reviews of their animated movies and yield some creative control and trust in the people that know the stories.

Check out my comics Boris Got Out and Humanity Ltd. through my website! Also found on Facebook and Twitter!

www.badartcomics.com
MattyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:01 PM   #5309
Tinordi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The main issue is that they are bad movies made by people who a) don't know what they're doing and b) have little to no knowledge or respect for the material they're adapting.

I honestly don't get why so many fans aren't angrier because of this mess. Instead fans are trying to reverse engineer explanations on why these movies aren't terrible.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #5310
Nadal Fan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Ducks

A lot of people are blaming Snyder for JL underperforming at the box office but I don't think it's his fault at all. I read something that said Snyder hasn't even seen the final cut of the film. It wasn't his fault the head of WB said it had to be 2 hrs long. There is so much cut out from the movie even from the trailers it's crazy. Unfortunately WB has a horrible record interfering with their DC comic films starting with changing directors for Superman 2 and changing Batman Forever into a complete comedy. Even now I'm hearing rumors they are going to make the whole universe Wonder Woman centric which wouldn't he what I would do. The only directors WB left alone were Nolan and Jenkins and look how those turned out. Getting rid of Snyder will still result in movies getting mediocre reviews and less than expected box office gross. He is making movies short handed with lots of control taken away and lots of restraints from the head of WB. The next person in will have the same issues it won't change anything. The rumor was Waan was going to leave Aquaman because of all the interference but he was able to get creative control so he stayed, that's why I have such high hopes for the movie. The solution is to give directors more creative control. MOS was a Snyder film and it got much better reviews than anything else from WB besides Wonder Woman. The Dark Knight triology is a Nolan triogy and it's the best Superhero triology ever.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:50 AM   #5311
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Punisher is good. Best show since Daredevil S1
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote