Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2016, 11:33 PM   #841
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know what's going on with Kanye mentally (if anything it's been a slow decline throughout the years), but judging from this latest album he's really dropped to a new low. Prior to this he was a musical genius. This album SUCKED. Waves was the standout on the album. The rest went nowhere.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:08 AM   #842
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Waves? Really? That song should have been on a Chris Brown album, not TLOP. That's probably my least favourite track on the album
iLoveLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:12 AM   #843
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Real Friends is a good track.

This is definitely all over the place but it's more like an "album" than any of his other albums in that it's a collection of songs without alot of binding agent between them.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:48 AM   #844
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveLamp View Post
Waves? Really? That song should have been on a Chris Brown album, not TLOP. That's probably my least favourite track on the album
Off the top it's the only track with some progressive production which Kanye is known for. Not much of a rap track but it sounds cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
Real Friends is a good track.

This is definitely all over the place but it's more like an "album" than any of his other albums in that it's a collection of songs without alot of binding agent between them.
Real Friends is plain production. What happened to the Kanye of 6 years ago? His mothers death really seems to be the turn downwards.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:15 PM   #845
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Off the top it's the only track with some progressive production which Kanye is known for. Not much of a rap track but it sounds cool.

Real Friends is plain production. What happened to the Kanye of 6 years ago? His mothers death really seems to be the turn downwards.
What makes the production on that track more progressive than the other tracks?

And I would disagree with his mother's death being his downturn, all 4 albums he's released after her death have been pretty great
Old 02-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #846
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Well, Kanye just went off on an epic rant on twitter and said that all of these white publications need to stop reviewing black music. Also he said the album will only be on Tidal now.
Hockey_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:14 PM   #847
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What makes the production on that track more progressive than the other tracks?

And I would disagree with his mother's death being his downturn, all 4 albums he's released after her death have been pretty great
First question I don't have an answer to. It just sounds good. Simple but pulsating sound. It's different.

With respect to mothers death, we've seen a steady decline in his mental health. But to clarify, I think the last two albums have been horrible. I definitely agree 808's and Heartbreak and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy were awesome. But the Yeezus and this album have been a complete waste. Aside from Black Skinhead, I don't understand why he's releasing albums with no flow. Sure he's experimenting but if it's just random sounds, I don't see the value. They're glorified mixtapes.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:45 PM   #848
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Oh ok I gotcha, I thought you were talking about musical quality. Yeah his mental state is definitely going downwards fast. I worry about him. I'm a huge fan of Yeezus, there were a lot of really great produces involved and it shows, the production is insane. Lyrically, the last couple albums have been poor but the production is always excellent
Old 02-15-2016, 10:04 PM   #849
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's Kendricks performance at the Grammy's tonight, which was quite powerful and probably the best of this night:http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/15/11...cker-the-berry
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2016, 01:34 PM   #850
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

This elongated Kanye Twitter meltdown is so puzzling (he's off spouting more idiocy). It's like he just discovered that Twitter can actually bring someone desperate for attention (like Kanye) all the attention they want as long as they continue to say incredibly stupid #### (like Kanye is doing right now). Either way, someone needs to take that phone away from him because he's somehow making himself look like a bigger ass than normal. Maybe he needs to the attention since he's decided he'd rather have most people pirate his album than sign up for Tidal.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 02-16-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #851
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm pretty sure he's mentally ill and needs help but is surrounded by yes men and people who think this will make their reality show more interesting.

Quote:
Kanye West’s longtime songwriting collaborator Rhymefest, who has worked on songs including “Jesus Walks” and “New Slaves,” tweeted on Friday that he stopped working with West last month and that the rapper needs counseling.

Rhymefest, who’s real name is Che Smith, replied to a comment that he should be writing West’s Twitter posts as well as his song, saying, “my brother needs help, in the form of counseling. Spiritual & mental. He should step away from the public & yesmen & heal.”
http://www.spin.com/2016/02/kanye-we...th-counseling/
Old 02-16-2016, 03:18 PM   #852
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Relistened to the album again with earphones and Facts is a pretty good song. Hard layered beat. Almost a mix between a Kanye and Dre production. Not much else though.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:21 PM   #853
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm only on the second spin, but man does this record find it's way in the second half.

Everything post "I love Kanye" (which is freaking hilarious) is just classic gold Kanye. Probably a symptom of the ever changing track listing this past week, but I feel like the back half stands on it's own as an album.

But I'm sure this will change in a week after repeat listens.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:56 AM   #854
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
I'm only on the second spin, but man does this record find it's way in the second half.

Everything post "I love Kanye" (which is freaking hilarious) is just classic gold Kanye. Probably a symptom of the ever changing track listing this past week, but I feel like the back half stands on it's own as an album.

But I'm sure this will change in a week after repeat listens.
I really like the whole album so far minus a few exceptions, but yeah - the second half is unreal. I mean, after Waves the rest of the album is AMAZING. 30 Hours and Wolves are so great.
East Coast Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:25 PM   #855
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Oh man someone leaked a CDQ version of Wolves with Frank's part moved to the beginning and Vic & Sia added back in. It's freaking amazing
Old 02-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #856
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah he's losing his sanity. He really does need some help, and this is where I think he misses his mama to smack him upside the head. The people around him aren't going to help him. Link has the audio.

Quote:
In an audio clip exclusively obtained by Page Six, Kanye can be heard repeatedly yelling at “SNL” production staff, “Don’t f–k with me,” before branding Swift — who he claims on his new album he made famous — a “fake ass”.

Then the hotheaded rapper went on to proclaim that he is “50 percent more influential” than legendary filmmaker Stanley Kubrick, Pablo Picasso, Paul the Apostle — who was handpicked by Christ to deliver the gospel — and even the notorious drug runner Pablo Escobar.

Kanye can be heard ranting, “Are they f—–g crazy? Whoa by 50 percent [I am more influential than] Stanley Kubrick, Picasso, Apostle Paul, f—–g Picasso and Escobar. By 50 percent more influential than any other human being. Don’t f–k with me. Don’t f–k with me. Don’t f–k with me. By 50 percent dead or alive, by 50 percent for the next 1,000 years. Stanley Kubrick, ‘Ye.”
http://pagesix.com/2016/02/17/dont-f...131.1431020933
Old 02-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #857
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh man someone leaked a CDQ version of Wolves with Frank's part moved to the beginning and Vic & Sia added back in. It's freaking amazing
Sounds awesome. Read yesterday that the version of album released is still not complete so perhaps he'll modify some of the songs and/or add more songs to the album. But yes, the new version of Wolves is better. Production wise the wilderness feel to it is sooo creative. Kanye's an interesting guy. Hope whatever he's going through gets taken care of. Despite him being a natural dick, mental illness or not, he's an exceptional producer.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #858
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

This isn't that surprising, but it's likely we still haven't actually heard the finished version TLOP. What a horrible roll out this has been, if Kanye really is $53 million in debt this release has probably cost him a couple million.

Quote:
As of press time, the rapper was still finalizing Pablo while a "partial version" lives on as a stream on Tidal (the service has not revealed consumption metrics) with no retail release date in sight -- a first for the music business. As for the downloads purchased before West, 38, removed the release, an insider claims "tens of thousands" were delivered in the hours Pablo was available, an account disputed by a label source who says no downloads were fulfilled.

Further confusing the marketplace, West later claimed on Twitter that the album "will never be for sale," while directing fans to Tidal, in which he owns a reported 3 percent stake, helping push the fledgling service to No. 1 in iTunes' App Store. Tidal, under fire for the messy leak of Rihanna's album Anti on Jan. 28, is still unclear whether the album will be sold through the site -- if at all -- or if it will remain the only streaming option beyond its seven-day exclusive, a source close to the situation tells Billboard.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...source=twitter
Old 02-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #859
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Phonte is still a beast.
Hockey_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockey_Ninja For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #860
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The new Currensy/Alchemist mixtape came out last week and it's great. Currensy and Alchemist make a dope combo and the guest verses from Styles P and Lil Wayne are really good.
http://www.datpiff.com/Curreny-Alche...pe.766213.html
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote